Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS4 / vita license files

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
tudisawap

PS4 / vita license files

Post by tudisawap »

hi

i saw the news about the uncharted scene release and the group removed license files because they are unique.

i wonder why they would do that? yifan_lu said they are needed to be executed so why remove them?

are they traceable by sony? do we know the contents of such a license file?

i would like to know how they work and why they are unique even on real game cards.

thanks!
Advertising
PixelButts

Re: PS4 / vita license files

Post by PixelButts »

tudisawap wrote:hi

i saw the news about the uncharted scene release and the group removed license files because they are unique.

i wonder why they would do that? yifan_lu said they are needed to be executed so why remove them?

are they traceable by sony? do we know the contents of such a license file?

i would like to know how they work and why they are unique even on real game cards.

thanks!
Hi
Yes they did remove them
Because if you read the NFO it explains why
The reason behind this is the fact that the next logical step in Vita hacking is to touch the kernelspace and patch it, so it doesn't check the signatures and licenses.
Yes they are traceable from what I understand (unless someone tells me theyre not. I'm not the most educated on this part)
Because if you have just many many copies that are 1:1, you'd never find out which card the dump was from. If you make each one unique then if a dump happened I'm sure thered be a way to see who bought the cart.
Advertising

Return to “Programming and Security”