Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Using the Fiddler Web Debugger to bypass 2.0 firmware check

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
S1NFUL

Re: Using the Fiddler Web Debugger to bypass 2.0 firmware ch

Post by S1NFUL »

redth wrote:
S1NFUL wrote: Ok, I did everything, but I'm stuck at a certain problem. When I try to point out the directory of the com.playstation.playstationcertified.jar, it gives me an error.
... Right, let me guess what your error was.
You probably either execute chmod directly from command line and not in the shell or adding extra adb before chmod.
I have no idea what chmod you're referring to. I just followed the instructions you gave me, combined them with the previous instructions, and I tried it, but got that error.
Advertising
Current tester of Qwikrazor87's creations & wizardry (3.51 & below)
Former tester of Total-Noob's creations & wizardry (3.01 & below)
Computer Science at Yale University, Class of 2019
redth

Post by redth »

Basically, you are about to install Sony certificate files by moving them to specific directories.
And from your previous instruction, you are going to move the files using adb push.

After these files are installed, you are going to fix their permission, allowing these to be readable by any applications and not just system using chmod.

Then after your device has these certificate files, PSM application will works (just download APK from Sony) and you can get free games to your download list. Either enjoy games on device or download it to your vita later once you have access to PSN.

Which part you stuck at?
Advertising
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

redth wrote:Basically, you are about to install Sony certificate files by moving them to specific directories.
And from your previous instruction, you are going to move the files using adb push.

After these files are installed, you are going to fix their permission, allowing these to be readable by any applications and not just system using chmod.

Then after your device has these certificate files, PSM application will works (just download APK from Sony) and you can get free games to your download list. Either enjoy games on device or download it to your vita later once you have access to PSN.

Which part you stuck at?
I was stuck at the part where I have to specify the directory of the downloaded files (the ones that replace the originals)...I tried D:\Downloads\... and D:/Downloads/... but none of them worked.
redth

Post by redth »

S1NFUL wrote:
redth wrote:Basically, you are about to install Sony certificate files by moving them to specific directories.

Which part you stuck at?
I was stuck at the part where I have to specify the directory of the downloaded files (the ones that replace the originals)...I tried D:\Downloads\... and D:/Downloads/... but none of them worked.
Yea the first one should work. I have no idea what cause the problem. Check your command format, see ss I posted earlier.
Also new free game just available; Aqua Kitty.
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

redth wrote:
S1NFUL wrote:

Which part you stuck at?
Yea the first one should work. I have no idea what cause the problem. Check your command format, see ss I posted earlier.
Also new free game just available; Aqua Kitty.
Lol, thanks for informing me. Anyway, the method you tried to teach me was a bit too complicated for the time, so I just updated. But it's alright; I was missing online gaming anyway :)

Thanks though, for all your help and all the trouble I caused you.
redth

Post by redth »

S1NFUL wrote: Lol, thanks for informing me. Anyway, the method you tried to teach me was a bit too complicated for the time, so I just updated. But it's alright; I was missing online gaming anyway :)

You're welcome.

This is optional in case you might want to restore path variable (to remove ADB from path);
:Remove current user path
setx path ""
:Reopen the application then type in
setx path "%path%"

It should be now using system variable.
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

redth wrote:
S1NFUL wrote: Lol, thanks for informing me. Anyway, the method you tried to teach me was a bit too complicated for the time, so I just updated. But it's alright; I was missing online gaming anyway :)

You're welcome.

This is optional in case you might want to restore path variable (to remove ADB from path);
:Remove current user path
setx path ""
:Reopen the application then type in
setx path "%path%"

It should be now using system variable.
Thanks, I almost forgot about having set the path to adb.
Skaty

Post by Skaty »

is there left any way to sign in psn with lower firmware 2.01-2.02 etc ?
gwenavirre

Post by gwenavirre »

not that I'm aware of

Return to “Programming and Security”