Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Project Diva Extend - Translation (patch 0.4-r2 available)

Discuss PSP Official Games here
Forum rules
- No piracy talk is allowed here.
- Only discuss the games you like without the technical aspects of "how to run them on firmware XXX....". In particular, ISO discussion is not allowed in this subforum.
- This is for official games only. For homebrews, go to viewforum.php?f=2
codestation
Big Beholder

Re:

Post by codestation »

Nightsail wrote: * Have your LAN switch OFF, on the PSP. Go to Ad Hoc -> any option except going back to Home menu. Try doing it. You get this: pic
I will have to hook the ad-hoc library to force the language on those screens...
Nightsail wrote: * Be playing the game with Auto-Save turned on, then take the Memory Stick out. Play a rhythm game, or do something else which would cause the game to auto-save. It gives you this: pic. The line for the "not found" message is 0x08D26FC4; as shown, it doesn't use tab+1 for the TM, but I'm having them try with an actual ™ in that line next.
Since these are rendered by the PSP utility dialogs you probably have to switch to utf8/utf16 for that dialog (or change it to "Storage media").
Nightsail wrote:That screen is followed immediately by this one and then [url=http://imageshack.us/a/img838/5983/autosaveerror3.jpg]this one[/u] with text that needs offsets too.

Code: Select all

0x08D27000 Save aborted.
Nightsail wrote: * Still need the offsets for the system-type Game Data Installation screens (Title Screen -> Game Data Install) -- a lot of them are in a previous post in this thread; I can link to the pics themselves if you want? I'm pretty sure I didn't get caps of all of it, though, as I didn't let it finish installing the game's data to my memory card.
[/quote]
Yep, need the pics so i can be sure that the dialog comes from the PSP or the game itself.
Advertising
Plugin list
Working on: QPSNProxy, QCMA - Open source content manager for the PS Vita
Playing: Error: ENOTIME
Repositories: github, google code
Just feel the code..
Nightsail

Re: Re:

Post by Nightsail »

codestation wrote:
Nightsail wrote:I added/rearranged some strings in it to match my translation file again. :) Some lines just were not in a logical place, even if they were in order. Or should I change that back....?
Doesn't matter that much since they are comments, i just add these as some sort of bookmark so i can go back later.
Ah, I meant, I actually moved around some of the offset lines; they're no longer in the same order entirely. Like the lines for picking up to however many effects and items, in Edit Mode, for example -- because all the other messages like that, for backgrounds and motions and whatnot, were with their related lines. It's a nitpicky thing to do, but I was trying to make it so that related lines were all just right there and consistent. :)
codestation wrote:
Nightsail wrote: !x089A3650, !x089A3684, and !x089A36B8 are not lines I've seen show up in-game yet. Same goes with !x089A4AB4, !x089A4B0C, !x089A6DD8, !x089A6E20, !x089A7188, or !x089A71A8 (all of them are in the Ad-Hoc section). Some look like error messages I can't get yet (not enough working PSPs with copies of the game to try getting the conditions I think are needed for them -- may be able to test some of them later, with some friends' help.)
Gonna re-check the offsets to make sure that they are right.
I could be wrong on some of them, and they do show up, but I just haven't found them. But do you think some might also be unused, like some of those HUD control explanations?
codestation wrote:OK, i will use this one to sync with my files.
I changed some of the png files and xcf files too, if you want to update those. Some are subtle changes, like turning "units" to "bars" or lining up labels a little more uniformly... I was being perfectionist again. ;)
codestation wrote:
Nightsail wrote: * Be playing the game with Auto-Save turned on, then take the Memory Stick out. Play a rhythm game, or do something else which would cause the game to auto-save. It gives you this: pic. The line for the "not found" message is 0x08D26FC4; as shown, it doesn't use tab+1 for the TM, but I'm having them try with an actual ™ in that line next.
Since these are rendered by the PSP utility dialogs you probably have to switch to utf8/utf16 for that dialog (or change it to "Storage media").
How would that work, if the translation file is encoded in shift-jis?
codestation wrote:
Nightsail wrote: * Still need the offsets for the system-type Game Data Installation screens (Title Screen -> Game Data Install) -- a lot of them are in a previous post in this thread; I can link to the pics themselves if you want? I'm pretty sure I didn't get caps of all of it, though, as I didn't let it finish installing the game's data to my memory card.
Yep, need the pics so i can be sure that the dialog comes from the PSP or the game itself.
Digging them out right now: here and here.

If you need me to, I can clear off some space on my memory stick again, and let it finish installing, so I can cap the end-result screens too? Let me know.
Advertising
0n3Pi3c3

Re: Project Diva Extend - Translation (patch 0.4-r2 availabl

Post by 0n3Pi3c3 »

codestation, I don't know what to do about this, I already search for this answer on net, and asked on projectdiva.net for it but, no answer. And they ask me to ask you.
So, my problem is: I have a PSP 2000 with a 5.00 m33-6 custom firmware.
And I had try download the plugin to translate the menus for the game Hatsune Miku PD Extend.
But the link was invalid and return me a 404 forbidden error.

So what I need is just the plugin. If you could give me a new link to download the file I'll be very happy.

Thanks a lot.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

try this link
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88081634/pd-ex ... 0.4-r2.zip

BTW you really should update that PSP to 6.60 ME 1.8 ;)
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Nightsail

Post by Nightsail »

I don't get it, why do people keep using such old firmware instead of just upgrading? I can understand with computer OSes -- I'm staying on Windows XP, myself -- but when it's CFW for a PSP? What does the 5.00 offer that the 6.60 doesn't?
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

it offers nothing
if people like M33 (like me) then use ME as its essentially a updated version of it

also just a simple request but..... ISO patch ?
I can make the patch itself but I have never tried to do such a thing so would not know where to start >__<

BTW Nightsail thanks for working on this I am a big Miku fan ^__^
(now if only Coldbird would continue with Phantasy Star :3)
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Nightsail

Post by Nightsail »

fate6 wrote:also just a simple request but..... ISO patch ?
I can make the patch itself but I have never tried to do such a thing so would not know where to start >__<
Why would you want an ISO patch, when it works as a plugin? I doubt that this translation is at all compatible with making an ISO patch; it works by redirecting memory addresses. (Plus, if you patched it, re-patching it every time a change is made would be a pain in the ****....) I'm playing it as an ISO myself, since my PSP's UMD drive is broken, and I have no trouble with it. :)
fate6 wrote:BTW Nightsail thanks for working on this I am a big Miku fan ^__^
Lol. I'm actually really not a Miku fan, myself. It's most of the other 'loids I enjoy listening to; I often mute the game while I play. For me, the big drive to complete this translation patch is to get Edit Mode into full English, so I can easily make my own PVs and rhythm games using the 'loids I do like, such as Gakupo, Gumi, Yuuma, and Kaito. And once I'd mostly done the Edit Mode, it sunk in that not only was it a fun project, but it was almost finished, and I have a difficult time completing things, for one reason or another. But this is one that's within reach, and I'm being really perfectionist about it, and I think I actually could finish it this time... so I'm not giving up. :D

Expect, in the future, that I'll be working on Edit Data, probably including Aching For Agony, The Gambler, Killer Lady, SWITCH, and probably Flower Tail. :)
fate6 wrote:(now if only Coldbird would continue with Phantasy Star :3)
Phantasy Star? Oh, do tell! Which one?
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Nightsail wrote: Phantasy Star? Oh, do tell! Which one?

Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity ;)
he started it but stopped working on it to work on atpro I believe

PSP2:I has been translated %100 all we need is the patch/plugin
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188224
Nightsail

Post by Nightsail »

fate6 wrote:
Nightsail wrote: Phantasy Star? Oh, do tell! Which one?
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity ;)
he started it but stopped working on it to work on atpro I believe

PSP2:I has been translated %100 all we need is the patch/plugin
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188224
IIRC, the patch can be (re-)compiled with the game's ID added to it, or something like that, so that part should be relatively simple. And if it's already translated, then it sounds to me like a case of just needing to find the offsets.

(Hah, "just" finding the offsets, says someone who hasn't had either the opportunity or the programs for trying it themselves, and is an artist, not a programmer....)
MrShyCity

Post by MrShyCity »

if your going to translate PSP2I ill support you all the way or if you need help translating some script ohh i would gladly help you out as much as i could but finding the offset or touching file so couldnt help you there (sorry not good with that kind of stuff :cry: )

Return to “Games”