Bugs 0.10.1

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
bcdiscman

Re: Bugs 0.10.1

Post by bcdiscman »

Psyringe wrote:
bcdiscman wrote:Cool, then with your permission I will update LEB!
Note that LEB is very similar to RV, and if the new "primitives" system works out as we hope to (we still need to run tests, especially performance tests), then the cards that are already present in RV don't need to be coded again for LEB. However, LEB has some cards which are *not* present in RV, and these could definitely use someone checking them again, now that new functionalities have been added to the engine. :)
While it is true that a great number of cards that are present in LEB were used in RV, the ones not used (such as mox's & lotus just off the top of my head) would surely be useful and greatly wanted by those who have been playing MTG for many years and either used to own these cards (such as myself), still do own them or always wished they did. Also, unless I am mistaken a great many cards are present in multiple sets (the reason for the alias= line in the parsing, I believe). Unfortunately a lot of the cards in Beta that were aliased need updated because the cards that they refer to in the revised edition used to be hard-coded and are now soft-coded -- I am currently fixing these "broken cards" as well as trying to parse the formerly unparsable cards.

Also, thank you for the information on the lands; I will have to revisit 'Gauntlet of Might' and parse it in such a way as to prevent the mana bonus without being a mountain being tapped for it.
ImageImageImageImage
BCdiscman
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

bcdiscman wrote:While it is true that a great number of cards that are present in LEB were used in RV, the ones not used (such as mox's & lotus just off the top of my head) would surely be useful and greatly wanted by those who have been playing MTG for many years and either used to own these cards (such as myself), still do own them or always wished they did.
Yes, definitely. :) That's why I'm personally very much in favor of including Beta in the next Wagic release, but this probably depends on the outcome of some tests that still need to be done.
bcdiscman wrote:Also, unless I am mistaken a great many cards are present in multiple sets (the reason for the alias= line in the parsing, I believe).
Aliasing is only indirectly related to reprints of cards in a different set. It just allows you to access a given hardcoded function by specifying the id of the card for which it was coded. Alias= has caused a lot of confusion and there's a tendency to fade its usage out. Many hardcoded cards got softcoded, no new hardcoded cards have been added, and so the number of hardcoded cards goes down steadily, which means that there's less and less need for aliasing.
bcdiscman wrote:Unfortunately a lot of the cards in Beta that were aliased need updated because the cards that they refer to in the revised edition used to be hard-coded and are now soft-coded -- I am currently fixing these "broken cards" as well as trying to parse the formerly unparsable cards.
Well, as I said, there's a risk that your work on the cards that are present in LEB *and* another set (RV for the most part) will be obsolete by the time the next version of Wagic gets released (due to changes to the way card duplicates and reprints are handled), so I still recommend to prioritize the unique LEB cards. It's perfectly okay if you want to take that risk, I just wanted you to know that it's there. :)
bcdiscman

Post by bcdiscman »

Thanks Psyringe,

I just read your post in the MIKI about primitive and will update the cards with alias and in a separate _card.dat I will use primitive since this is a much better way. Will post after I am done.
ImageImageImageImage
BCdiscman
carmancilla

Post by carmancilla »

Dr.Solomat wrote:
carmancilla wrote:
3. Seismic Assault does not work at all. When I select it I could not discard a land from my hand.

Believe me,you can! I know that all cards in your hand - even the lands - stay black coloured when you try to choose one, but just try to click on a land and you'll get what you want. IT'S JUST A SMALL GRAPHICAL BUG! ;)

Hmm I just tried this again and tried to select a land from my hand still doesn't work for me :(

I am using card images/sets found here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=979 and the Zero Edition set: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=971&start=0

Also I compared the card.dat of Seismic Assault from the original 10.1 release and my current one with the said sets I have and they are the same.
flad_nag

Post by flad_nag »

Last night, i played a card that prevents all damages dealt to all players and creatures for the current turn. However when casted, damage prevention cannot be undone anymore even into the next turns. I ended up qutting the game. Do you experience this? I forgot the card name coz I was playing random mode.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

ProtoJazz

Post by ProtoJazz »

Noxious Goul - Legions
Cards get -1/-1 when THEY come into play
(signature was too big, removed by mods)
seguuro

Post by seguuro »

seguuro wrote:I think there is an error in the RV set spoiler: the first card of the list is Aladdin's Lamp but the image related to it is a Giant Wasp token. Aladdin's Lamp's image is linked to the second card of the list instead, that is Aladdin's Ring. I checked all the spoiler and confirmed that it's the same for all cards, like as they were shifted by one space in the list. So there is this extra image of the wasp token, while there's one Plains'image less at the bottom of the spoiler.

EDIT: this error seem to be only in the spoiler section of the trophy room, in fact it doesn't affect RV cards in game or in the shop.. that's why I think the cause of this is not in the zip file I downloaded for that set.
Any clues with that issue? (it's not that important though ;) )

I also noticed an anomaly with "exalted" ability. Here's a brief scenario to point it out:
-I have a "creature A" with exalted, and a "creature B" without any ability in play. The opponent has "creature C" with first strike in play
-I declare my attacking creatures, tapping A and B. A's exalted obviously does not trigger
-the opponent then chooses to block my B with his C
-C deals B fist strike damage, destroys it in battle then B goes to the graveyard
-before dealing damage to opponent, A's exalted ability triggers (because it remains as my sole attacking creature)
What I'm trying to say is that "exalted" ability shouldn't trigger in the middle of the battle.
MTG official rules for exalted wrote:Exalted is a triggered ability. "Exalted" means "Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, that creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn."
A creature "attacks alone" if it's the only creature declared as an attacker in a given combat phase.
If you attack with multiple creatures, but then all but one are removed from combat, your exalted abilities won't trigger.
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

seguuro wrote:Any clues with that issue? (it's not that important though ;) )
Yep, the trophy room got confused by the new way of specifying tokens as cards. I think Jeck fixed that in the SVN recently.
seguuro wrote:I also noticed an anomaly with "exalted" ability.
Yep. Known and very old bug. Personally I don't mind people repeating old bug reports (it reminds us that the bug is still there and people are noticing it ;) ), but I suggest checking the bug list, it can save you a lot of typing. :) More help for writing bug reports can be found in this thread.
seguuro

Post by seguuro »

Psyringe wrote:but I suggest checking the bug list, it can save you a lot of typing. :)
the description in that page was too generic, so I didn't pay attention to the meaning :D