Bugs 0.10.1

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
Thedark

Re: Bugs 0.10.1

Post by Thedark »

my error is that i changed the text too..ops....later i fix it :D

Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

wins22 wrote:When the AI loses Wirewood Herald (ONS), the player can pick which elf to put into his hand (I'm not sure if this was intentional or whether the AI just isn't capable of deciding which card to pick itself)

EDIT: actually it won't let you pick cards for the AI even though they're not shaded. It's just stuck.
Confirmed. The card does work if the player owns it, in that case the player can select an elf from his library and put it into his hand. But if the AI owns it, then the AI does not choose an elf in its library. Instead, the player seems to gain priority. The player can look into the AI'*s library (which shouldn't be possible here), and the cards in the AI's library are shaded/unshaded as though the game waits for the selection of an elf card. the player cannot actually select a card though, clicking on one has no effect.
Raphael_Carlo

Re: Crashes in 0.10

Post by Raphael_Carlo »

Guys is this the place to post crashes in v0.10? Because the header says so. Well here goes nothin'.

When I leave my psp on with Wagic playing for hours on the deck editor without touching it, I had crashes when I go to the options menu to the user tab. I had two because of that. Oh and when I play a deck in play mode, it's taking longer for Wagic to load the available ai decks. (Maybe it's trying to load user data on ai decks specifically if you've fought them easily or difficultly hard. I don't know. What do you guys think?)

Oh and a set of my Civic Wayfinders got lost. I know they're cheap but how about if one of my Rare or Mythic Rare cards go for a vacation in Lostville? I've already lost a Shivan Dragon in 0.9 but this happened in v0.10. I hate cards flying off from my collection. Well, maybe I'm the only one experiencing this.
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

Raphael_Carlo wrote:Guys is this the place to post crashes in v0.10? Because the header says so. Well here goes nothin'.
We have a dedicated thread for Wagic 0.10.1 bugs, including crashes.
Raphael_Carlo wrote:When I leave my psp on with Wagic playing for hours on the deck editor without touching it, I had crashes when I go to the options menu to the user tab. I had two because of that.
Can't say much about that, as I don't have a PSP to test.
Raphael_Carlo wrote:Oh and when I play a deck in play mode, it's taking longer for Wagic to load the available ai decks. (Maybe it's trying to load user data on ai decks specifically if you've fought them easily or difficultly hard. I don't know. What do you guys think?)
Yes, that's a known problem. When the game builds the deck menu, it reads in the names, descriptions, and statistics of all decks. This wasn't a problem when there were only 25 decks, but now, with 100 decks, the delay becomes too long for comfort. Fixing this is on our todo-list.
Raphael_Carlo wrote:Oh and a set of my Civic Wayfinders got lost. I know they're cheap but how about if one of my Rare or Mythic Rare cards go for a vacation in Lostville? I've already lost a Shivan Dragon in 0.9 but this happened in v0.10. I hate cards flying off from my collection. Well, maybe I'm the only one experiencing this.
Losing some cards due to an update is inevitable for a game that's a work in (rapid) progress, like Wagic. There are a two main reasons why this can happen. The card may have been broken, and couldn't be fixed so it had to be taken out. Or the card had the wrong id, and now (when it uses the right id), Wagic doesn't know anymore that you had it in your collection (collection data is stored as card ids).

I don't know why exactly your Civic Wayfinders or Shivan Dragons went on vacation, but you should be able to get it back by adding its current id (either 130522 or 83584 for the wayfinders, depending on the set) to your collection, once for every card you want.

Please keep in mind that it's not a given that games in development allow you to re-use game states from previous versions at all. Technically it's possible to program "updater" functions which address such compatibility issues between versions, but programming these would take a considerable amount of time away from the actual development of the game, and we rather add new features or fix bugs instead. I'm sure you'll agree. :)
Raphael_Carlo

Post by Raphael_Carlo »

Ok thanks Psyringe for the clearing these to me. :D I hope I'm not being such a pain. Thanks guys.

Wagic rules!
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

Raphael_Carlo wrote:Ok thanks Psyringe for the clearing these to me. :D I hope I'm not being such a pain.
Not at all. :) Players work hard for their cards, it's a huge part of the game's appeal to finally get hold of certain rares. Then losing them is a frustrating experience, especially if it's not visible why it happens. But I hope it's a bit less frustrating now that you know why it happens and how you may be able to get cards back (unless they've been removed from the game completely). :)
frankho

Post by frankho »

I have the similar problem.
Whenever i enter the options interface and wanna save the option, it crashes.

here is my option.txt(edited in windows):
Theme=Default
musicVolume=50
sfxVolume=50
difficulty=1
displayOSD=1
closed_hand=visible
mana_display=Both
reverse_triggers=1
interruptSeconds=8
interruptMySpells=1
interruptMyAbilities=1
interruptEndTurn=1
prx_handler=2009/12/27@15:55 V
prx_rimom=2009/12/27@15:55 V
prx_eviltwin=2009/12/27@15:55 V
prx_rnddeck=2009/12/27@15:55 V
aw_collector=2009/12/27@15:58 V
unlocked_10E=2009/12/28@23:35 V
unlocked_EXO=2009/12/28@23:52 V
Blublub

Post by Blublub »

Psyringe wrote:
Blublub wrote:Very, very strange. Updating from 0.9.1 everything seemed to go smoothly and everything looks good, but once I start a game neither I or the CPU receive any cards in our hand. I've tried different profiles, themes, decks and opponents and still the same thing. Any ideas?
How did you update? There is a new "rules" folder in 0.10.1 - if this folder isn't present, or empty, then this will lead to the symptoms you describe. (Basically, we transferred certain base rules - like the starting life points and hand size of each player, or how many cards get drawn in the draw phase - to an external file, so that they can be modded. If the file isn't there, then you will never draw cards.)
Thanks much Psyringe - that was it exactly. I somehow managed to miss that folder and all is well now.
garlen

Post by garlen »

Mountain Yeti (LEG) has wrong toughness (2 instead of 3), repair: toughness=3
Szei

Post by Szei »

I did a brief forum search, but I might have missed it so forgive me if I did.

Has anyone else encounter the background in the trophy room disappearing? The wooden background is -sometimes- replaced by a plain black screen. I can still see the trophies and sets unlocked, but there is no background. I can't really say when this happens... but I'll try to see if there is a pattern.