Bugs 0.10.1

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
Blublub

Re: Bugs 0.10.1

Post by Blublub »

Very, very strange. Updating from 0.9.1 everything seemed to go smoothly and everything looks good, but once I start a game neither I or the CPU receive any cards in our hand. I've tried different profiles, themes, decks and opponents and still the same thing. Any ideas?
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

Blublub wrote:Very, very strange. Updating from 0.9.1 everything seemed to go smoothly and everything looks good, but once I start a game neither I or the CPU receive any cards in our hand. I've tried different profiles, themes, decks and opponents and still the same thing. Any ideas?
How did you update? There is a new "rules" folder in 0.10.1 - if this folder isn't present, or empty, then this will lead to the symptoms you describe. (Basically, we transferred certain base rules - like the starting life points and hand size of each player, or how many cards get drawn in the draw phase - to an external file, so that they can be modded. If the file isn't there, then you will never draw cards.)
Szei

Re: Crashes in 0.10

Post by Szei »

Okay, I'm going to try the suggestions now.

I don't know if this tells you anything, but Wagic crashes in all the same places when I try to run it from my PC too.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

That's a very important piece of information indeed. I am thinking that maybe the old settings files are not compatible at all with the new ones.
Szei

Post by Szei »

Hm. After messing around a bit, I've somewhat isolated the problem.

When I delete my player folder and add the clean version from 0.10 I no longer experience crashes. I didn't have to delete any images or anything, just replace my player folder. However, I don't really enjoy the prospect of starting from scratch, so I hope I can figure out what in particular is causing the error.

I also noticed that in the clean version, the card ids in the COLLECTION.DAT are spaced apart (easy to read) whereas my id numbers have no spaces between them. The same is true of my OPTIONS.DAT

I didn't have to delete my settings folder. When I go into the trophy room I still see the 4 trophies (momir, random deck, etc), but only 1 unlocked set (because I replaced my player folder with the clean one).

This is my 'player' folder: http://ifile.it/c8mivy9

Ignore the folder called IGNORETHISFOLDER. It is just a copy of the 'ai' folder. I had to put it in because ifile.it said my upload was too small when I tried to upload the 'player' folder by itself. =P
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Thanks for the file, I'll try to have a look this week.
I also noticed that in the clean version, the card ids in the COLLECTION.DAT are spaced apart (easy to read) whereas my id numbers have no spaces between them. The same is true of my OPTIONS.DAT
This is probably because we use unix carriage returns on the PSP. Try to open the files with Wordpad instead of notepad to see if they become "easier" to read.
I didn't have to delete my settings folder. When I go into the trophy room I still see the 4 trophies (momir, random deck, etc), but only 1 unlocked set (because I replaced my player folder with the clean one).
The trophy room added some variations to the unlocked set data. It is possible that it doesn't work for profiles though... can you try to copy your "settings.txt" (or is it options.txt ? I never remember...) file from your profile to the Res/player folder and see if 1) It crashes again 2)you get your unlocked sets back.
You can also probably safely copy your decks and collection from your profile to the player directory, as well as the "stats" folder if it exists.
If this works and if you can correctly see your unlocked sets, then I believe it means your stuff has been correctly updated, and you can them copy it back to your profile and try again.

I don't have my computer right now to try all this but my current guess is that the trophy room probably doesn't correctly perform the update on profiles other than the default one...
baldersmashed

Post by baldersmashed »

I have had none of the problems that this person has experienced except the sets unlocked was lost when updating. I had my player folder from 0.9.1 saved. I then copied the new one over my existing install and then copied those files over the ones created for 0.10.0.
I believe there is a new way implemented that the game reads to know what sets you've opened? I had to go to the options.txt in the player folder and copy the line "unlocked_10E=year/month/day@time V" for every set that is there and type the abbreviated names in where 10E appears. This unlocked my sets. Was this a change in this version?

BTW, this was on PC. Still have hang probs with the eboot on psp. Can't get it to start at all.
Dr.Solomat wrote:"Vegeta! What does the scouter say about Wagics power level?"

"It's over ten thooooouuuuuusaaaaaaaaand!"

"What 10.000? There's no way that can be right!"
wins22

Post by wins22 »

When the AI loses Wirewood Herald (ONS), the player can pick which elf to put into his hand (I'm not sure if this was intentional or whether the AI just isn't capable of deciding which card to pick itself)

EDIT: actually it won't let you pick cards for the AI even though they're not shaded. It's just stuck.
Szei

Post by Szei »

Ah. Thanks. The OPTIONS.txt was the culprit. My game works fine now (I just have to unlock all the sets again, but I've had to do that with every release thus far anyway).

I am now using my entire player folder except the OPTION.txt and I encounter no problems.
garlen

Post by garlen »

Psyringe wrote:
wololo wrote:I think we need to work on a way to show where the bonuses come from, for each card...
Yes, that would be extremely useful. A good way to do that may be to have an additional display mode for the big card. We already have "image", "text", and "none". How difficult would it be to add a "current effects" mode, which lists all active changes to the original card values, and their origins (if available)? Grabbing a list of lords that affect a card should be doable (you've done it for the AI memory lately), but getting (and attributing) one-shot effects and their origins may be more difficult ...
oot: Sounds great. But then it would be good to have this in Options (on/off), so you could choose what display you want to have in game. It can be quite annoying when you have to roll through displays that you don't want to see.