0.9.0 Bug reports

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
jobr

Re: 0.9.0 Bug reports

Post by jobr »

The Drudge Reavers card seems to be bugged, the information on the card reads:

text=Flash (You may cast this spell anytime you could cast an instant.) /B/: Regenerate Drudge Reavers.

The "text" shouldn't be there >.<

Also, Nantuko Husk can target himself with his sacrifice, which doesn't seem intended, why would you want to do that :?

Edit,
What the minimum amount of cards you have to have in your deck to play Momir Basic
I can't start Momir Basics with 60 cards, which I thought was the minimum... :shock:
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

jobr wrote:The Drudge Reavers card seems to be bugged
Yep, that's a bug in the card's code. Will be fixed as soon as one of our hard-working card coders spots your post, thanks for finding it. :)

Btw, just a hint: You can make life easier for the card coders if you specifiy the set of the card for which you report the bug - "Drudge Reavers (TSP)" in this case. This way we will immediately know at which file we need to look, not everyone knows which set every card belongs to. :)
jobr wrote:Also, Nantuko Husk can target himself with his sacrifice, which doesn't seem intended, why would you want to do that :?
Imagine a situation where your Nantuko Husk cannot attack (let's say it has Pacifism cast on it), and sacrificing a creature would improve your situation (let's say you have a Magnivore in play). In such a situation it makes perfect sense to sacrifice the immobilized Nantuko Husk in order to strengthen the Magnivore. It's admittedly a very special situation, but the rules don't forbid sacrificing the Nantuko Husk itself (the rules text would read "sacrifice a card other than Nantuko Husk" if it did, see "Lord of the Pit" for an example), so neither should we. :)
snaxington

Post by snaxington »

I found my shadow problem, it was just the card.
Thalakos Seer (TMP) missing shadow in _cards.dat.

[card]
text=Shadow (This creature can block or be blocked by only creatures with shadow.) When Thalakos Seer leaves play, draw a card.
auto=@movedTo(this|graveyard,exile,library,hand):draw:1
id=4734
name=Thalakos Seer
rarity=C
mana={U}{U}
type=Creature
subtype=Thalakos Wizard
power=1
toughness=1
abilities=shadow
[/card]
snaxington

Post by snaxington »

Sylvan Scrying (MRD) doesn't seem to be functioning properly, does this look like the reason why?

[card]
text=Search your library for a land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
auto=moveTo(myhand) target(land|mylibrary)
id=49529
name=Sylvan Scrying
rarity=U
mana={1}{G}
type=Sorcery
[/card]

it shouldn't all be in the same line, right?
snaxington

Post by snaxington »

I had some trouble in a game just now with Sylvan Basilisk killing creatures that it blocks, but looking at the code and the card doesn't reveal why.

[card]
text=Whenever Sylvan Basilisk becomes blocked by a creature, destroy that creature.
id=135215
name=Sylvan Basilisk
rarity=U
type=Creature
mana={3}{G}{G}
power=2
subtype=Basilisk
toughness=4
[/card]

also i'm sorry to keep posting bunches of things in a row,
would you guys prefer it if i held back and just made a long hourly post or something?
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

snaxington wrote:I had some trouble in a game just now with Sylvan Basilisk killing creatures that it blocks, but looking at the code and the card doesn't reveal why.
The ability of the Sylvan Basilisk is hardcoded, that's why the card's "softcode" doesn't give any hints. See this post for some information about hardcoded cards and how to find them.

There was a problem with basilisks that was recently fixed - I thought that 0.9.0 did already include the fix, but I'm not sure. Either the fix was added afterwards, or it isn't working as intended, perhaps wololo can clarify.
snaxington wrote:also i'm sorry to keep posting bunches of things in a row,
would you guys prefer it if i held back and just made a long hourly post or something?
Personally I'm fine with either method. You're writing good, useful, precise bug reports and even try to find a fix before you post - as far as I'm concerned, it's your choice to post the reports in whatever way makes it easier for you to maintain this level of quality. It's not as if you were posting "lol" three times in every thread to rack your post count up. ;) Let's hear what the others say though.
Blublub

Post by Blublub »

Okay, I've thrown everything I can think of at this version and have very little to report. No big problems (and no freezes!) except for one instance of the split purple screen at launch. Quitting and re-launching solved. I've also had the problem with hand visibility reported earlier a few times.

FWIW the new interface looks spectacular, but personally I think I still prefer the old phase indicator. It seems not quite as intuitive as the old way since it progressed horizontally, which seems to correspond better to trigger clicks. It was also easier to tell when your turn is coming up - I've missed it quite a few times with the new system. This may just take some more getting used to, but if there's a way to use the old layout as an option I'd be delighted. I'm also not nuts about having to click to maximize my profile picture and then again to view my hand or graveyard (which I think is also related to moving the phase indicator to its new position).

VERY minor thing - I just noticed that some of the Portal basic lands have only three variations when they could have four. Put that somewhere near the bottom of the list of priorities for next release ;)

Excellent job guys!
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Thanks guys. We didn't fix everything you reported, but hopefully the most horrible bugs have been fixed. Wagic 0.9.1 has been released, thanks everyone for your help :D
http://wololo.net/wagic/2009/10/29/its-alive-wagic091/