Any Useless card sets??

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
sandman423

Any Useless card sets??

Post by sandman423 »

I keep having freezing issues and I downloaded official release and I am replaying it on my PSP 4.01 M33-2 and whenever it locks up it usually is only on the loading card set screen...Also When I put my game in standbye mode and go back to it I can play fine and then when I beat the CPU sometimes it locks up and also when I Click Shop it locks up but not all the time...

The way I have been fixing this is by Deleting sets (I am so sad) and so far I have deleted GLS, STH, WTH. So just wondering if there were any useless sets...

I am using a Elvish Deck which works out great with Outrun...Going to try and Make Fairies deck with Bitterblossom and Also is it possible to make a 5 Color Control with the cards they provide...

Cards I want, but they are not supported are Cryptic Command, Volcanic Fallout, Cruel Ultimatum, Reflecting Pool, Mystic Gate, MullDrifter, Wall of Relevance, Exotic Orchard, Vivid Lands (Crag, Creek, Marsh, Meadow), etc.

So what sets are kind of crappy...I wish I didn't have to delete sets...I have had my game load with 3700+ Cards and now my game is down to 3400+ Cards...Sad face...I think the game locks up more if you have over 3000+ Cards or a Collection of 4000 or more cards.
NyghtcrawleR

Re: Any Useless card sets??

Post by NyghtcrawleR »

sandman423 wrote:I keep having freezing issues and I downloaded official release and I am replaying it on my PSP 4.01 M33-2 and whenever it locks up it usually is only on the loading card set screen...Also When I put my game in standbye mode and go back to it I can play fine and then when I beat the CPU sometimes it locks up and also when I Click Shop it locks up but not all the time...

The way I have been fixing this is by Deleting sets (I am so sad) and so far I have deleted GLS, STH, WTH. So just wondering if there were any useless sets...

I am using a Elvish Deck which works out great with Outrun...Going to try and Make Fairies deck with Bitterblossom and Also is it possible to make a 5 Color Control with the cards they provide...

Cards I want, but they are not supported are Cryptic Command, Volcanic Fallout, Cruel Ultimatum, Reflecting Pool, Mystic Gate, MullDrifter, Wall of Relevance, Exotic Orchard, Vivid Lands (Crag, Creek, Marsh, Meadow), etc.

So what sets are kind of crappy...I wish I didn't have to delete sets...I have had my game load with 3700+ Cards and now my game is down to 3400+ Cards...Sad face...I think the game locks up more if you have over 3000+ Cards or a Collection of 4000 or more cards.
Well you obviously have unofficial card sets, so those could very well be the problem youre having. Also the lockups with the shop and others are sometimes related to the music, change it to 0 in the option menu.
"Real Magic" Graphic Mod & Image sets: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=318
Blublub

Post by Blublub »

My magic number seems to be 3300 - more than that and it won't load as set folders on my phat. I did actually try moving everything into a single set folder and got it to load with about 3700, but card redraws were too slow to be playable. I jettisoned EXO and TMP first, FWIW, and yes it is painful...
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

a card takes around 500 bytes in RAM.
3000 cards take around 1.5MB in RAM.
The Phat has 20 MB available.
Assuming we use 10MB for the game and graphics, at least on the menu screen, you still have 8.5MB, so enough to load more than 10 000 cards.

My point is that the problem is not directly related to the number of cards.
I personally have no problem with the current SVN release with 3500 cards on my phat. At least to load them.
Blublub

Post by Blublub »

Thanks much for the clarification Wololo. I had the feeling it wasn't as simple as all that ;(
sandman423

Post by sandman423 »

What is SVN??

I am using Wagic 0.8.1
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

sandman423 wrote:What is SVN??
SubVersioN.
It's a version control system. That's what they use at google code, on which Wagic's code is hosted.

Here, when we say the SVN version, we mean the latest version of Wagic, that is currently being developed. You need a SVN client to get it, and the PSPSDK installed to compile it. Everything's explained here:
http://wololo.net/wagic/compile-from-the-sources/
And you can grab it there:
http://code.google.com/p/wagic/source/list