Wagic 0.17.1 Bugs: please post your bug reports here

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
gilmarvoltaire

Re: Wagic 0.17.1 Bugs: please post your bug reports here

Post by gilmarvoltaire »

her ability was not working, I added to the end of turn for 2/0 and now works fine ^ ^
[card]
name=Painsmith
[email protected](artifact|mystack):may 2/0 target(creature) ueot && deathtouch ueot
text=Whenever you cast an artifact spell, you may have target creature get +2/+0 and gain deathtouch until end of turn.
mana={1}{B}
type=Creature
subtype=Human Artificer
power=2
toughness=1
[/card]

FIXED! THX FOR REPORTING!
mnguyen

Post by mnguyen »

timmermac wrote:When opening a new session of Wagic's Windows version, win and winning percentage stats against individual decks appear to be getting reset. Overall win and winning percentage stats appear to remain as they should. It's just stats against individual decks. I do not know if the same behavior is occurring in the Android version, which I also use.
this is a known bug. http://code.google.com/p/wagic/issues/d ... 4&sort=-id
xojlmc

Post by xojlmc »

The wrong card
whithout/with image:
UPD: it's a bug in images pack: two cutthroats and no revenants, sorry, I'll fix ROE images pack asap
cpane

Post by cpane »

I was just playing on PSP and I noticed a card set bug. The cards are the artifact set Throne of the Empires, Scepter of the Empires, and Crown of the Empires all from M12. Apart these cards have some nice effects, Throne is /1/,/T/ and summon a 1/1 white soldier token, Scepter is /T/ 1 point of damage to player, and Crown is /3/,/T/ tap creature.

All of these single effects work fine but the cards are supposed to get stronger for the same tap price if you get all three out on the field. I managed to get all 3 out and the only one that worked was Throne which allowed me to summon 5 1/1 soldier tokens per turn for the tap price, the effect of the other two didn't work. Scepter was supposed to deal 3 damage to target player on tap and continued to deal one, Crown was supposed to allow control of creature but only tapped creature and untapped itself allowing for continuous tap of opponents creature. I assumed the take control might not be implemented yet but the 1 damage instead of 3 i found odd.

I checked the cards on the field and nothing should have interrupted the other two.
I made sure I reread the card and checked the bug list without seeing any mention of these cards.

THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN FIXED FOR WAGIC 0.18
m8ram

Post by m8ram »

The card text of "Elephant Ambush" is incorrect, it says:
http://wagic.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/p ... es/mtg.txt

Code: Select all

[card]
name=Elephant Ambush
auto=token(Elephant,creature elephant, 3/3,green)
flashback={6}{G}{G}
text=Put a 3/3 green Elephant creature token onto the battlefield. -- Flashback {2}{G}{G} (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)
mana={2}{G}{G}
type=Instant
[/card]
According to the text the flashback cost is "2GG" while it actually is "6GG" (see http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... seid=32919)

[card]
name=Elephant Ambush
flashback={6}{G}{G}
text=Put a 3/3 green Elephant creature token onto the battlefield. -- Flashback {2}{G}{G} (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)
mana={2}{G}{G}
type=Instant
[/card]
The following diff has the required fix:

--- Wagic/sets/primitives/mtg.txt	2012-01-13 19:43:42.000000000 +0100
+++ WagicPatched/sets/primitives/mtg.txt	2012-03-17 11:42:35.611269838 +0100
@@ -21054,7 +21054,7 @@
 name=Elephant Ambush
 flashback={6}{G}{G}
-text=Put a 3/3 green Elephant creature token onto the battlefield. -- Flashback {2}{G}{G} (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)
+text=Put a 3/3 green Elephant creature token onto the battlefield. -- Flashback {6}{G}{G} (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)
 mana={2}{G}{G}
 type=Instant
 [/card]
Perhaps a possible improvement to avoid this kind of bugs is to generate the card text by inserting the flahback cost as a variable. That should allow to even add the rules text automatically.
Some pseudo code to hopefully make this more understandable:

[card]
name=Elephant Ambush
flashback={6}{G}{G}
text=Put a 3/3 green Elephant creature token onto the battlefield. -- %{Flashback}
mana={2}{G}{G}
type=Instant
[/card]
Where %{Flashback} is replaced on all cards by a tring consisting of "Flashback" (in whatever language the UI is in) + the value of "flashback" ({6}{G}{G} in this case) + the flashback rules text in whatever language selected.

Regards

Bram
m8ram

test suite not available?

Post by m8ram »

Hi,

I downloaded 0.17.1 for Windows, created a test directory in the Res directory and followed the example at http://wololo.net/wagic/the-testing-suite/ but I don't get a test open in the play menu as expected.

The Res directory contained just one sub directory: core_0171, there was no test directory in the zip file.
mnguyen

Post by mnguyen »

m8ram wrote:The card text of "Elephant Ambush" is incorrect, it says:
http://wagic.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/p ... es/mtg.txt

[card]
name=Elephant Ambush
flashback={6}{G}{G}
mana={2}{G}{G}
type=Instant
[/card]
According to the text the flashback cost is "2GG" while it actually is "6GG" (see http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... seid=32919)

[card]
name=Elephant Ambush
flashback={6}{G}{G}
mana={2}{G}{G}
type=Instant
[/card]
The following diff has the required fix:

--- Wagic/sets/primitives/mtg.txt	2012-01-13 19:43:42.000000000 +0100
+++ WagicPatched/sets/primitives/mtg.txt	2012-03-17 11:42:35.611269838 +0100
@@ -21054,7 +21054,7 @@
 name=Elephant Ambush
 flashback={6}{G}{G}
-text=Put a 3/3 green Elephant creature token onto the battlefield. -- Flashback {2}{G}{G} (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)
+text=Put a 3/3 green Elephant creature token onto the battlefield. -- Flashback {6}{G}{G} (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)
 mana={2}{G}{G}
 type=Instant
 [/card]
Perhaps a possible improvement to avoid this kind of bugs is to generate the card text by inserting the flahback cost as a variable. That should allow to even add the rules text automatically.
Some pseudo code to hopefully make this more understandable:

[card]
name=Elephant Ambush
flashback={6}{G}{G}
text=Put a 3/3 green Elephant creature token onto the battlefield. -- %{Flashback}
mana={2}{G}{G}
type=Instant
[/card]
Where %{Flashback} is replaced on all cards by a tring consisting of "Flashback" (in whatever language the UI is in) + the value of "flashback" ({6}{G}{G} in this case) + the flashback rules text in whatever language selected.

Regards

Bram
I like your suggestion, but I have found that more errors have been a result of getting the "flashback=" line right than the text. making it a variable will reduce some of these errors at least though. Ideally, we could verify the text with that from gatherer automatically. Not sure if that is possible. This variable substitution idea can be extended to include other mechanics like buyback, retrace, etc.

Thanks for the suggestion.
--Mike
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

i do not agree with automatic writing of flashback cost...reason...it should be the other way around, if it find the flashback cost in text it should set the cost on card...
if the flashback was automatically written on card text you wouldnt even know that it was incorrect unless you happen to see it on gatherer or own the card...

basically...the card coder should write the correct flashback cost...not see {2}{g}{g} and give it a cost of {6}{g}{g}....its not that hard....
mnguyen

Post by mnguyen »

Zethfox wrote:i do not agree with automatic writing of flashback cost...reason...it should be the other way around, if it find the flashback cost in text it should set the cost on card...
if the flashback was automatically written on card text you wouldnt even know that it was incorrect unless you happen to see it on gatherer or own the card...

basically...the card coder should write the correct flashback cost...not see {2}{g}{g} and give it a cost of {6}{g}{g}....its not that hard....
Zeth,
I agree the cost for flashback should be determined by the text, since that is what we base the cost on. His idea was inspiration to do something like that. I don't know how the card coding gets done now. For all I know, people type everything out manually which clearly happens. I've also seen mistakes in the repository where the text is wrong but the cost is correct. Before we do any of these substitutions we need a way to be able to verify that either the cost or the text is 100% reliable. I found this tool from daccg.com (http://daccg.com/ajax_ccgsearch.php) that hopefully gives correct text. Unfortunately, it isn't as up to date as we are so currently DKA is not supported. We could use a tool like this for our card coders to pull the card information. At the very least I think we could code something to use that information to verify our coded cards. There are plenty of examples in our history of transposed letters, misnamed cards, etc that something automatic and repeatable would be helpful. If somebody has a better tool that is more up to date with an API, please post it. I'm considering writing a tool for us to validate mtg.txt
kamot_kilay

Post by kamot_kilay »

I'm using 0.17.1 for windows.

Arcane Laboratory only allows one spell each turn, instead of one spell for Each player Each turn.

High Tide effect seems to be permanent, instead of lasting only until end of turn. Also if I play an Island after I cast High Tide, the Island doesn't seem to be affected by the High Tide (i.e., no extra U mana when tapped).

Time Spiral forces you to untap exactly 6 lands, instead of untapping a choice of UP TO 6 lands.

Capsize doesn't offer a Buyback option when being cast.

The Winning percentage for each opponent deck seems to reset back to zero everytime i restart the game (as previously posted by timmermac).