Djardin wrote:If I were you, I would try in a directory without any spaces in the path ... And be sure to try in in a fresh checkout, all our makefiles have a nice tendencies to overwrite each other...
Btw, it seems your SVN contains a lot of new cards and ability patches not in the Github one. In particular as the ability sets are different, cards created for your SVN may not work with the Github one ... Would it be possible that you contribute to the Github project what you think should be put in standard wagic release ?
Ya I have a lot of modded code done by others as well in my personal Wagic. I know that cards I created will not work with the Git source.
Most of my own additions are cosmetic changes and codes that use some workarounds. For instance I changed all the cards that used custom tokens that did not use images so that they could appear, but that requires my modded _cards.dat. I created a random music generator code so that when you start a battle it will play a randomly generated music file from up to twenty tracks you put in the sounds folder. I enlarged the life totals for easier readability but that requires the font to be changed so that it appears in the correct coordinates. I have an up to date mtg.txt that contains all fixes from the bugs and other reported topics. I have modded the mulligan code to allow for a mulligan during your upkeep if you do not go first. I created a temp fix for Hermit Druid Basic to let you still have the land you are supposed to get if you go first. I have found bugs that for cards that can not be fixed by normal card code and removed the cards from the mtg.txt. There are other changes but I can not remember all of them. Most of my extra cards that are coded on my game consist of any scry cards or cards that look at the top X using Excessum's Scry code. I have the Bestow cards added using the bestow workaround. Also I have added madness using a minor workaround that still lets the cards hit the graveyard. Using the scry code and a bit of work I have successfully added Cascade to my game.
I am also an MTG Judge and there are some cards/abilities that do not work according to official rules that I wish I was knowledgable enough to change. Example is Persist and Undying. These can be fixed by using an auto line instead of the keyword but I would rather leave the keyword intact. The problem is that these abilities are not using the stack. They should trigger from the graveyard and you should be able to respond to them before they are moved from the graveyard.
Another is cards that gain or give abilities based on cards in a zone with those abilities. The problem is with the protection abilities. Instead of actually checking for protection the cards seem to be just checking for that color of card and granting protection based on that. Example is Cairn Wanderer. If a white creature is in the graveyard it is getting protection from white. This should not be.
Another issue is the notatarget keyword. It is still unable to target cards that have protection, shroud, or hexproof. It used to be able to and has not for some time. I don't know the reason for this.
canplayfromgraveyard only allows the cards to be played like land and not cards to be cast, makes crucible of worlds work but gravecrawler and yawgmoth's will do not work with this code. I had fixed gravecrawler a while back and don't know if it is fixed in the SVN but Will is not codable as it is with this line.
The final issue that would be nice to be addressed is the fact that if you use multikicker on a spell, you can no longer tap lands for mana until you change phases. I do not know why this is but if it is fixed, the Strive mechanic would be fully supported.
I have wanted to be able to have access to the SVN for quite a while but was never invited. I do not mind though, as I can not really make my own complex codes using C#, my main interest was in adding cards and fixing bugs that people reported and you guys have used a lot of my codes in the past. And since the Wagic was not getting updates for a while I decided to allow people to be able to access my forked Wagic so that people could still get an updated version of the game. Then from that point I just started modding it as I went along. I am not sure what codes I can offer but I can give you a copy of my patch file for the SVN that contains all of the code mods I have done up to this point. Not sure what you can use or not and no guarantee that some of the codes, namely the change to the Life total size and font may need files from the graphics folder. I will pm you the file and you can look it over I guess.
It is just that I have made so many mods to my game now, I am not sure what should and should not be contributed to the Git SVN.