MTG Storyline - 01 - The Brothers' War - V1.7 - WTH 0.13.1

A place to find all custom made campaigns, mods and to discuss the story mode and how to create mods.
Saint

Re: MTG Storyline - 01 - The Brothers' War - V1.6

Post by Saint »

Idk if Abra wants to translate it/speaks portugese but you can easially translate it yourself if your english is good, just open the story .xml file and change all the english language into Portugese, if it's done in multipe languages you could automaticly let it select the right language (the one you set in Wagic) you want to play it in with, mostlikely, a few simple commands.

Any comicbook text could easially be changed with photoshop or GIMP (fbasicly a free version of photoshop if you didn't know what it was).

I would translate it for you but the only other languages i know are Dutch, English and Very basic Japanese (the last one can't even really be mentioned really lol) (I can read German, French and Spanish aswell jsut can't write it lol but that's useless information xD).

Greetz,

Saint.
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

anyway you can host this on Mediafire or megauploads...i caught a dang spy ware virus from the 3 websites that openned when i clicked the download button for this....NOT GOOD...other then that i will enjoy the brothers war im sure... :) great work

found something:

chapter 1 tocasia-
tocasta:i dig, we are searching for artifacts out here. do you know what it is?t <-----theres a "T" after the question mark.

quick question, the su-chi fight vs the like 10 suchis...that cant be beat can it?
enderak

Post by enderak »

In the first chapter, Back to Basics states that non-basic lands do not untap, yet the plains does not untap when it should. Also, the Caravan says it can only be activated on your opponents upkeep, yet it only lets you use it's ability on your upkeep.

Looking at mtg.txt, these appear to be problems with the card definitions themselves, though.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

enderak wrote:In the first chapter, Back to Basics states that non-basic lands do not untap, yet the plains does not untap when it should. Also, the Caravan says it can only be activated on your opponents upkeep, yet it only lets you use it's ability on your upkeep.

Looking at mtg.txt, these appear to be problems with the card definitions themselves, though.
yeah i noticed that too and after looking at the code in the primitives it is the actual coding for caravan..

auto={C(0/0,-2,Currency)}:untap target(land[basic]) opponentUpkeepOnly<--it should be this...
Teekas Dragon

Post by Teekas Dragon »

Awesome work Abrasax. I signed up to the forum just to say how cool I think it is that you're making a campaign on the official Magic books. I have read all the books from the artifacts saga and I can't wait to read 'rath and storm'. I hope you'll be able to turn this into a huge epic campaign that has a lot of the story in it of the whole urza saga.

Keep up the good work!
Check out my site on the topic of wrought iron mirror.
enderak

Post by enderak »

enderak wrote:In the first chapter, Back to Basics states that non-basic lands do not untap, yet the plains does not untap when it should. Also, the Caravan says it can only be activated on your opponents upkeep, yet it only lets you use it's ability on your upkeep.
OK, Trade Caravan should be fixed in the next release, however I think the Back to Basics is not working correctly because of the definition of the campaign... in duel_caravan/rules.txt it says:

Code: Select all

auto=tap all(land[basic]|mybattlefield)
auto=lord(land|myBattlefield) doesnotuntap
If you want it to make sense with Back to Basics, I think that the plains should be replaced with some non-basic land (Savannah, perhaps) and the code should be:

auto=tap all(land[-basic]|mybattlefield)
(Back to Basics should make the second line redundant)
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

enderak wrote:
OK, Trade Caravan should be fixed in the next release, however I think the Back to Basics is not working correctly because of the definition of the campaign... in duel_caravan/rules.txt it says:

auto=tap all(land[basic]|mybattlefield)
auto=lord(land|myBattlefield) doesnotuntap
If you want it to make sense with Back to Basics, I think that the plains should be replaced with some non-basic land (Savannah, perhaps) and the code should be:

auto=tap all(land[-basic]|mybattlefield)
(Back to Basics should make the second line redundant)

the story mode uses the same MTG.txt as the main game, so changing the code for the card to better suit the story mode might not be the best idea ;)
enderak

Post by enderak »

Zeth, this is in the rules.txt for the campaign (campaigns\Brothers War\duel_caravan\rules.txt), not mtg.txt.

I agree with you that the entry in mtg.txt is correct, but it's effect being overridden by rules.txt.

Or, perhaps more correctly - Back to Basics is doing what it's supposed to in that if you tap a non-basic land it won't untap, but the rules are adding the additional rule of not letting ANY lands untap, basic or otherwise, which doesn't make sense when you look at the cards that are on the table.

EDIT: Of course, I just realized that Trade Caravan won't let you untap a non-basic land anyway, so my idea of changing the plains to a Savannah would not work... but this duel is still flawed in that the Plains should untap as normal on your turn but it does not because of the rules.txt entry.

I'm sure there's some way to fix the duel so it makes sense... Amber Prison, Mana Leech, or Mole Worms could theoretically do the job (except they aren't in mtg.txt).
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

I believe abrasax intentionally added rules that ar not written on the cards, in order to make the challenges more enigmatic. I might be wrong, but he told me several times that looking at the rules.txt files was "cheating" ;)
jitsuryoku

Post by jitsuryoku »

Please help where should i put the code for gemstone array to finish chapter 25.

Thanks.