Zero Edition (complete) updated 1/6/11

All user created custom sets, custom game mode and modded official content.
ProtoJazz

Re: Zero Edition Release (Over 300 Coded Cards!) Updated:1/3/10

Post by ProtoJazz »

One more, Lotus Petal, Is a common (Though the Art is Rare Symbol) And Id assume its supposed to be rare anyway
(signature was too big, removed by mods)
mickey_brown

Re: Zero Edition Release (Over 300 Coded Cards!) Updated:1/3/10

Post by mickey_brown »

merkantini wrote:Hi! First of all, my compliments for your release! Zero Edition is AWESOME! The alternate art of many of the picture is GREAT and very professional too! So are the full sized pictures for vanilla creatures, simply awesome! I practically replaced all my old cards with your version :-)

I really hope in the future u'll delight us with a Zero Edition II with more alternate art :-)

I've located two small mistakes in the pictures, so I thought to post them here to help you bug fixing the set a little bit :-)
1) Dark Ritual type is Sorcery instead of Instant
2) Hanna, Ship's Navigator, the activation cost in the card id WB instead of WU

I repeat, these bugs I am reporting are just for the pictures, I think the card in itself works, just haven't tried that yet :-)
lol. I'll be sure to get on that.
mickey_brown

Re: Zero Edition Release (290 Coded Cards!) Updated:1/4/10

Post by mickey_brown »

Ok guys big upgrade
1.)Fixed all the mistakes you guys mentioned
2.)Changed some of the cards that already existed into full art versions
3.)Added a bunch of new cards
4.)Had to remove some that won't work with the current version of wagic

Heres a couple of the new cards:

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

You might be wondering what that last one is.
That's my extended art version of the first card to be revealed for the upcoming Worldwake set!

So be sure to download the updated zip and replace the contents of the ZED folder
bcdiscman

Post by bcdiscman »

Why can't you parse Goblin Settlers like:

Code: Select all

[card]
text=Whenever Goblin Settler enters the battlefield, destroy target land.
id=974668
name=Goblin Settler
auto=destroy target(land)
rarity=U
mana={3}{R}
type=Creature
subtype=Goblin
power=1
toughness=1
[/card]
this is how other cards with similar abilities have been coded (such as Aven Cloudchaser [10E]):

Code: Select all

[card]
text=Flying (This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with flying or reach.)   When Aven Cloudchaser comes into play, destroy target enchantment.
id=129470
name=Aven Cloudchaser
auto=destroy target(enchantment)
rarity=C
abilities=flying
type=Creature
mana={3}{W}
power=2
subtype=Bird Soldier
toughness=2
[/card]
ImageImageImageImage
BCdiscman
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

Note: This way of coding cards which target something immediately after coming into play works only since r1685 (i.e. for 9 days). It won't work with 0.10.1 (but will work with the current SVN release, and the next official release).
virgiliox

Post by virgiliox »

Nice work! it would be great if in your next release you would include Buried Alive and Exhume, does are the only pieces remaining to build a decent reanimator :D
Daddy32

Post by Daddy32 »

I like this set a lot and buy boosters whenever available in-game. However, there's a one thing I really don't like: Rarity of many cards is scaled down, sometimes even two levels (R->C, e.g. Ertai, the Corrupted). Feels like cheating.
mickey_brown

Post by mickey_brown »

Daddy32 wrote:I like this set a lot and buy boosters whenever available in-game. However, there's a one thing I really don't like: Rarity of many cards is scaled down, sometimes even two levels (R->C, e.g. Ertai, the Corrupted). Feels like cheating.
Glad to hear you like it.
The reason I adjusted the rarity of most cards is because most of the cards in the set are normally rare. It wouldn't make sense to have 200 rares 60 commons and 40 uncommons, so I had to adjust them. The way I adjusted them had to do with 1.)How good are they today, and 2.)How does the community feel about them.
For example, sol ring is sometimes said to be better than a mox, and it was an uncommon when released. Most players agree that skeletal vampire does not deserve to be a rare, since its ability costs so much that its pretty much useless in any type of competitive play. Some rare cards ended up having similar cards printed in later sets, that were better in every single way. Wouldn't make sense for them to both be rare in the same set would it? Take Vizzerdrix for example, its a 6/6 that cost 7 mana, with no abilities or anything else, and was printed as a rare all the way up to 9th edition. Its a horrible card by today's standards and certainly wouldn't be rare if wizards printed it again (just look at the comments about it on this page http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... seid=94911).
virgiliox

Post by virgiliox »

I have a question, would it be possible to add cards like Wild Mongrel, Basking Rootwalla, Arrogant Wurm or Wonder with the current engine? if so, it would be nice to add them on your next release to revive the good old U/G Madness deck from the Odyssey days. :)
Raziel017

Post by Raziel017 »

anybody care to upload in MU???please?thanks :D