Scars of Mirroden (2/249 spoiler released) (1/249 coded)

All user created custom sets, custom game mode and modded official content.
darkmatter

Scars of Mirroden (2/249 spoiler released) (1/249 coded)

Post by darkmatter »

Nothing like preemptive cards I suppose!

Rather than create a cards.dat this early into the set, I'll just post the code and an image for people to use if they want, so for the first card -

Sword of Body and Mind

Code: Select all

[card]
name=Sword of Body and Mind
auto={2}:equip
auto=protection from green
auto=protection from blue
auto=2/2
[email protected](player) from(mytgt):deplete:20
[email protected](player) from(mytgt):token(Wolf,creature wolf, 2/2, green)
text=Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from green and from blue. Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, you put a 2/2 green wolf token onto the battlefield and that player puts the top 10 cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard. Equip {2}
mana={3}
type=Artifact
subtype=Equipment
[/card]

Card art is from a spoiler of a new vaults set.
Tepomaster

Re: Scars of Mirroden (1/249 spoiler released) (1/249 coded)

Post by Tepomaster »

Man... that card its so... freak :S

If you want to make a card with a so very powerfull effect like that... dont you guess you need to add some other effect like echo cost or remove the monster who make the damage? Or something? With four directs damage at your opponent life, you already win :S
Saint

Post by Saint »

I think he's aiming for an extremely overpowered set :P, so it would kinda be the point to give it insane effects.
I could be wrong ofcrouse.

Greetz,

Saint.
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
Tepomaster

Post by Tepomaster »

but its not the same a lot of cards with 10/10, indestructibles, bushido 10, etc...

A effect who make the opponent discard the next 10 top card of the library is insane for the play x.X ... You win with two copies of that card and with one monster with trample, shadow, flying or something like that!!!! x.X

I'm not saying this to criticize the set or for being annoying, it's just that I make an observation if he had not considered. This card is very cheap and easy to use, no maintenance costs innusual thing ....

I make the observation only to consider whether the letter is really appropriate for what the search of the set. I mean, I would do something more logical as you can only equip a certain creature and that the effect only works under certain conditions, or that has a cost of sacrificing life points or something ...

anyway, good luck ;)
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

hehe newflash, thats a real magic card from the new set scar of mirrodin.....
darkmatter

Post by darkmatter »

Zethfox wrote:hehe newflash, thats a real magic card from the new set scar of mirrodin.....
Yup haha

They are going to release another one - and in Darksteel there is the Sword of Fire and Ice (Draw 2 and deal 2 damage) - and light and shadow (3 Life and return a creature from grave to hand)

IMO -

Fire and Ice > Body and Mind > Light and Shadow

I'll be hoping for a full playset of Body and Mind to make an awesome mill deck :p

Oh, and that's probably not the art from the actual set - as I wrote that's apparently the art in a upcoming vault set - I personally think it's a bit rubbish..
KF1

Post by KF1 »

Please tell me that Magic: The Gathering is not going to incorporate the Thundercats 1980s cartoon series. Please tell me that is a placeholder image...
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

I was thinking the same thing.

darkmatter

Post by darkmatter »

Memoricide will be impossible, as it asks you to name a card. Shame.
darkmatter

Re: Scars of Mirroden (2/249 spoiler released) (1/249 coded)

Post by darkmatter »

Infect (Wither to creatures, Poison to players)
Poison isn't a mechanic yet in Wagic, right?

Assuming not - I reckon a permanent token which if it gets to 10, you auto lose, wouldn't be too hard to code - and it gets 10 when player is damaged by creatures with ability poison (or a hidden subtype poison)

Would add all the old poison cards as well. Might take a hefty code. For now I'd just code the wither mechanic instead.