Where are the Eldrazis?

For all your questions regarding Image Card Coding.
Please read the Image Posting Guideline & Index before posting in this forum.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST BUG REPORT IN THIS FORUM !!

Please read carefully the forum rules related to the card coding section : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1545

All post will be edited to follow forum rules.
dber

Where are the Eldrazis?

Post by dber »

I found that there are not eldrazis, for that reason I think I'm gonna make the code. I'll try, because the annihilator ability is a permanent ability that triggers when attacking, hard thing to code.
Tacoghandi

Re: Where are the Eldrazis?

Post by Tacoghandi »

coding annihilator is not hard but the problem is that it offers the Ai a choice of targets similar to the choice discard issue it will more than likely cause the game to freeze. The only way to do it is a workaround that makes it random or to let the player choose. Random being the fairest one but still makes the card more powerful than it should. Because the ability does not work 100% the cards were not included.
!!Check out My Created Sets and other Stuff!!

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3380
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

exactly what he said :)
Dr.Solomat

Post by Dr.Solomat »

I found an exploit in Wagic some time ago which enables me to play with Eldrazis. This exploit is nothing we wanna see in the official wagic, it is only a temporal solution which works quiet well. It enables AI to take the choice when forced to sacrifice permanents it controls. No crashes, no wrong ingame behavior, but - as i already said - it is based on a bug.
Sets Coded/Released: Legends, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Portal I & III, Urza's Saga BLOCK, Mercadian Masques, Invasion BLOCK, Mirrodin, Ravnica, Guildpact, Conflux, Alara Reborn
KF1

Post by KF1 »

Couldn't the AI choose annihilated items to destroy based on their position on the board?

First row is where you find creatures/tokens, the left side usually is where enchantments are located and the back row being the lands. This would have the virtue of being somewhat random (WTH doesn't allow you to rearrange items once they are in play) and being crippling if you don't have enough permenants to lose.
dber

Post by dber »

how can make the ai choose at random?
Tacoghandi

Post by Tacoghandi »

Im not actually sure you can do random. I was thinking of the Discard code when i wrote my last post. That is hardcoded in the game. I may be wrong but I think you may have to set it up so the player chooses the permanents, and just be fair and think what you would sac if you were in his position. Though temptation is always there :twisted:

dber

Post by dber »

So if the ia can't chose targets, the eldrazis with annihilator ability can't be done?
Tacoghandi

Post by Tacoghandi »

dber wrote:So if the ia can't chose targets, the eldrazis with annihilator ability can't be done?
pretty much means only you could play eldrazi if you do it that way. ai would not no how. but like i said im not sure. There could be a way to code random annihilator so IDK.

Foreroes

Post by Foreroes »

I reckon the dev team has been working on it for a long time since it's really difficult to improve the AI.
In any case eldrazis are not the only cards using "target player sacrifice something" so if eventually these cards are coded we will see in wagic a lot of cards like diabolic edict, pox, and so on and non random discarding cards so it's one of the most important mechanics to implement but one of the most difficult to code too. Because of it I also think that it'll be a turning point in Wagic and perhaps we'll see it soon! :P