Ravenous Rats and Blightning: Require Confirmation

For all your questions regarding Image Card Coding.
Please read the Image Posting Guideline & Index before posting in this forum.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST BUG REPORT IN THIS FORUM !!

Please read carefully the forum rules related to the card coding section : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1545

All post will be edited to follow forum rules.
the sam larry

Ravenous Rats and Blightning: Require Confirmation

Post by the sam larry »

Ravenous Rats

[card]
name=Ravenous Rats
id=192692
rarity=C
auto=discard:1 opponent
text=When Ravenous Rats enters the battlefield, target opponent discards a card.
mana={1}{B}
type=Creature
subtype=Rat
power=1
toughness=1

Blightning

[card]
name=Blightning
id=174917
rarity=C
target=player
auto=damage:3
auto=discard:2
text=Blightning deals 3 damage to target player. That player discards two cards.
mana={1}{B}{R}
type=Sorcery
[/card]
Nazar-WTH-PCgamer

Re: Ravenous Rats and Blightning: Require Confirmation

Post by Nazar-WTH-PCgamer »

There is a slight flaw in the choice of keyword for "Ravenous Rats" and "Blightning". When you use "discard", it doesn't allow target player to pick himself which card to discard. Instead, it forces a that player to randomly discard a card which isn't what the card is suppose to do according to the text. You might think it makes a minor difference but imagine if AI uses it against you and rips you off your best card in hand because you didn't get to choose which card to reject... you could get angry. In practice, your card is functional but in fact it isn't coded properly. What you could do atm is create a workaround token and pass it to target player to reveal the effect of moving a card from hand to graveyard. This is not proper coding either and therefore it won't be made official even if coded this way. In fact, these cards or at least "Blightning" had been already discussed on this forum and the same issue came back... it is not supported yet with the current tools/keywords/programming. So you stand between a few choices, keep it semi-working the way you wrote giving a potential disadvantage to players targeted by those spells or you code it with token which might freeze because the AI may stall when forced to throw a card into its graveyard or you wait for this feature to be available in an unknown future.

Meanwhile, best of luck and PM me if you want me to tokenize it down for you ;)
Nazar is meant to rule the world... Someday! Once Nazar is in charge, goblins won't have to hide or shovel orcish poops no more. Vote for Nazar!!!
Nazar-WTH-PCgamer

As you requested... a tokenized version of each.

For Ravenous Rats, you will have to select a target player as the card comes into play. That player will receive a token and the token will automatically go to exile triggering the effect under that player's control and therefore forcing him to pick and discard a card of his choice.

[card]
name=Ravenous Rats
id=192692
rarity=C
auto=token(-192692) target(player)
text=When Ravenous Rats enters the battlefield, target opponent discards a card.
mana={1}{B}
type=Creature
subtype=Rat
power=1
toughness=1
[/card]
[card]
name=RR Discard Token
id=-192692
[email protected](this|exile):moveto(mygraveyard) target(*|myhand)
text=Player who owns the token must select a card of his choice from his hand and discard it.
auto=moveto(exile) all(this)
type=nothing
[/card]

For Blightning, you will have to select a target player as the card comes into play. That player will be dealt 3 damage and receive 2 tokens. As for Ravenous Rats, each token will automatically go to exile triggering the effect under that player's control and therefore forcing him to pick and discard a card of his choice. I didn't test the code so it my have a glitch since there will be 2 similar tokens (may interfere with one another) in this case but it should be alright from what I've seen with other cards I coded in the same manner for myself.

[card]
name=Blightning
id=174917
rarity=C
target=player
auto=damage:3 && token(-174917)*2
text=Blightning deals 3 damage to target player. That player discards two cards.
mana={1}{B}{R}
type=Sorcery
[/card]
[card]
name=Blightning Token
id=-174917
text=Player who owns the token must select a card of his choice from his hand and discard it.
type=nothing
[/card]

As I wrote previously, the card is now coded to simulate the proper effect but it ain't coded properly and therefore it could freeze the game when used against AI... often a simple matter of hitting the "cancel" action key to move on with the game. Now you have the choice between this or your version and don't forget to add the missing [/card] at the end of your Ravenous Rats code!

Good luck!
Nazar is meant to rule the world... Someday! Once Nazar is in charge, goblins won't have to hide or shovel orcish poops no more. Vote for Nazar!!!
the sam larry

Post by the sam larry »

Hey, at least I have an alternative. Thanks for the code! :D
sandman423

Post by sandman423 »

Can you please explain to me how to add these into my Wagic PSP 14.1?

I did this...

For Blightning

went to my
sets/ARB Folder into the _cards.dat and added this

[card]
primitive=Blightning
id=174917
rarity=C
[/card]

then I went to sets/primitives....mtg.txt and added this...

[card]
name=Blightning
id=174917
rarity=C
target=player
auto=damage:3 && token(-174917)*2
mana={1}{B}{R}
type=Sorcery
[/card]
[card]
name=Blightning Token
id=-174917
type=nothing
[/card]

I saved them both but when I go into game and check my Trophies page no sign of Blightning...How do I get this to work?

Also what SET is Ravenous Rats suppose to be for...I couldn't find what set Ravenous Rats ID# was for...Which one?

How do I get Ravenous Rats to show up in game to?
Nazar-WTH-PCgamer

sandman423 wrote:Can you please explain to me how to add these into my Wagic PSP 14.1?
[...]
Also what SET is Ravenous Rats suppose to be for...I couldn't find what set Ravenous Rats ID# was for...Which one?
How do I get Ravenous Rats to show up in game to?
The way you added the card seems alright. Have you unlocked ARB set yet?
Also just to be exact, Blightning id=174917 is part of ALA set which is "Shards of Alara"
If you want to unlock a set which isn't unlocked yet, go to your profile folder.
Find the file named "option.txt" and open it with a basic text editor to add the set
(ALA or ARB whichever you decide to use, I will leave that up to you entirely).
Just use the same syntax as for other sets already unlocked and it should work.
The letters that must be substituted are the name of the folder for each set.

As for your answer for Ravenous Rats... check this link.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... eid=201791
Gatherer can help you find any card and the set(s) it belongs to in no time!
I typed Ravenous Rats and found that page first which is part of "Duel Decks: Garruk vs. Liliana"
The card is also mentionned to be part of "8ED", "9ED", "10E" as well as four other sets.
Since 10E is unlocked from the beginning of the game, you are sure it is in your trophy room.
Therefore, I suggest you use that "_card.dat" file from 10E folder to add the card.
You could use the number mentionned above as card ID or the one you had in your post BUT...
In theory, if you wanted to respect the way WTH files are kept so far, you should really check
your card ID and try to stick to the proper ID# for THE CARD which belong to THE SET you add it to.
A different set means a different card ID even if we still talk about the same card.
In this case, for 10th Edition Ravenous Rats, id=129692.
You can find that number by checking the multiverse ID in the address bar.
I think you had a typo error in your card ID because I checked each version of the card and in
no set it is labeled as id=192692 so I would defenitely not use that number.
I tried it and it doesn't match any card in the data base atm but it could in the future and that
could create a conflict... which you don't want I'm sure!

Cheers!