Gain control cards (Require testing)

For all your questions regarding Image Card Coding.
Please read the Image Posting Guideline & Index before posting in this forum.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST BUG REPORT IN THIS FORUM !!

Please read carefully the forum rules related to the card coding section : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1545

All post will be edited to follow forum rules.
zhdarkstar

Gain control cards (Require testing)

Post by zhdarkstar »

I took the code that kevlahnota came up with Merieke and applied it to other cards that were functionally similar. I haven't tested all of them yet but theoretically they should all work in the same manner as kevlahnota's Merieke.

Code: Select all

[card]
name=Rubinia Soulsinger
abilities=may doesnotuntap
auto={T}:target(creature) moveTo(mybattlefield) && transforms((,newability[@movedto(Rubinia Soulsinger|nonbattlezone) from(battlefield):moveTo(opponentbattlefield) all(this)],newability[@untapped(Rubinia Soulsinger|battlefield):moveTo(opponentbattlefield) all(this)])) forever
[email protected] my untap: may untap
text=You may choose not to untap Rubinia Soulsinger during your untap step. -- {T}: Gain control of target creature for as long as you control Rubinia and Rubinia remains tapped.
mana={2}{G}{W}{U}
type=Legendary Creature
subtype=Faerie
power=2
toughness=3
[/card]

[card]
name=Helm of Possession
abilities=may doesnotuntap
auto={2}{T}{S(creature|mybattlefield)}:target(creature) moveTo(mybattlefield) && transforms((,newability[@movedto(Helm of Possession|nonbattlezone) from(battlefield):moveTo(opponentbattlefield) all(this)],newability[@untapped(Helm of Possession|battlefield):moveTo(opponentbattlefield) all(this)])) forever
text=You may choose not to untap Helm of Possession during your untap step. -- {2}, {T}, Sacrifice a creature: Gain control of target creature for as long as you control Helm of Possession and Helm of Possession remains tapped.
mana={4}
type=Artifact
[/card]

[card]
name=Hivis of the Scale
abilities=doesnotuntap
auto={T}:target(dragon) moveTo(mybattlefield) && transforms((,newability[@movedto(Hivis of the Scale|nonbattlezone) from(battlefield):moveTo(opponentbattlefield) all(this)],newability[@untapped(Hivis of the Scale|battlefield):moveTo(opponentbattlefield) all(this)])) forever
text=You may choose not to untap Hivis of the Scale during your untap step. -- {T}: Gain control of target Dragon for as long as you control Hivis and Hivis remains tapped.
mana={3}{R}{R}
type=Legendary Creature
subtype=Viashino Shaman
power=3
toughness=4
[/card]

[card]
name=Master Thief
[email protected](this|battlefield):target(artifact) moveTo(mybattlefield) && transforms((,newability[@movedto(Master Thief|nonbattlezone) from(battlefield):moveTo(opponentbattlefield) all(this)])) forever
mana={2}{U}{U}
type=Creature
subtype=Human Rogue
power=2
toughness=2
text=When Master Thief enters the battlefield, gain control of target artifact for as long as you control Master Thief.
[/card]

[card]
name=Roil Elemental
[email protected](land|myBattlefield):may target(creature) moveTo(mybattlefield) && transforms((,newability[@movedto(Master Thief|nonbattlezone) from(battlefield):moveTo(opponentbattlefield) all(this)])) forever
text=Flying -- Landfall - Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may gain control of target creature for as long as you control Roil Elemental.
mana={3}{U}{U}{U}
type=Creature
subtype=Elemental
power=3
toughness=2
[/card]

[card]
name=Sower of Temptation
[email protected](this|battlefield):target(creature) moveTo(mybattlefield) && transforms((,newability[@movedto(Master Thief|nonbattlezone) from(battlefield):moveTo(opponentbattlefield) all(this)])) forever
text=Flying -- When Sower of Temptation enters the battlefield, gain control of target creature for as long as Sower of Temptation remains on the battlefield.
mana={2}{U}{U}
type=Creature
subtype=Faerie Wizard
power=2
toughness=2
[/card]

[card]
name=Thrull Champion
auto=lord(thrull) 1/1
auto={T}:target(thrull) moveTo(mybattlefield) && transforms((,newability[@movedto(Master Thief|nonbattlezone) from(battlefield):moveTo(opponentbattlefield) all(this)])) forever
text=Thrull creatures get +1/+1. -- {T}: Gain control of target Thrull for as long as you control Thrull Champion.
mana={4}{B}
type=Creature
subtype=Thrull
power=2
toughness=2
[/card]

[card]
name=Aladdin
auto={1}{R}{R}{T}:target(artifact) moveTo(mybattlefield) && transforms((,newability[@movedto(Master Thief|nonbattlezone) from(battlefield):moveTo(opponentbattlefield) all(this)])) forever
text={1}{R}{R}, {T}: Gain control of target artifact for as long as you control Aladdin.
mana={2}{R}{R}
type=Creature
subtype=Human Rogue
power=1
toughness=1
[/card]
zhdarkstar

Re: Gain control cards (Require testing)

Post by zhdarkstar »

Having played around with these for a while, I've found a couple issues with these gain control cards.

1) If you accidentally pick a target you already control, your opponent gains control if the "lose control" trigger goes off. I'm gonna tweak the code by limiting targets to opponentbattlefield to prevent this.

2) Multiple grabbers run into issues in this scenario:
Grabber A takes Victim A
Grabber A loses Victim A
Grabber B takes Victim A
Grabber A takes Victim B
Grabber A loses Victim B and Victim A goes back to opponent as well regardless of status of Grabber B

Would a transform work to revert Victim A back to original pre-grabbed status?
William Ward

Post by William Ward »

i dont know anything about coding but i could test them
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

i added a keyword "steal" which was supposed to do this, got no feedback from anyone....
if you play around with steal then tell me what it needs tweaked, i would finish that code.
auto={0}:target(blah) steal
zhdarkstar

Post by zhdarkstar »

Zethfox wrote:i added a keyword "steal" which was supposed to do this, got no feedback from anyone....
if you play around with steal then tell me what it needs tweaked, i would finish that code.
auto={0}:target(blah) steal
I didn't even know that you made that keyword because it wasn't on the CardCode page. I'll try it out right now on those that don't need to stay tapped and tell you how it goes. Would steal work for the tap-lock grabbers?

Is there a list of the keywords not on the wiki? Also, can the absorb keyword be targeted at a player? I would imagine that would be the easiest way to do Urza's Armor.
zhdarkstar

Post by zhdarkstar »

Preliminary findings with steal on "gain control as long as you control this card":

1) If the taken card is removed from the battlefield, the grabber is removed as well when it shouldn't be.

2) If the grabber leaves play, the taken card doesn't return to its owner when it should be.

I think if you could rewrite steal so that it's steal(target,condition to maintain control), then it would work like a charm.