Newer Version Slower?

Everything related to wagic does not fall in other forum. If you don't know where to post, post here. Your topic will be moved to the correct section.
ProtoJazz

Newer Version Slower?

Post by ProtoJazz »

Does the addtion of more sets make the game slower? I recently regained interest in wagic both as a game, and an open source project but last time I had played was a few
versions back I think maybe around zendicar launch. Now Momir especialy has a masssive ammount of lag sometimes when Either player draws a card, or plays a creature.
Im fairly sure its mostly image related, as it runs fine on pc, and Gets alot better on psp if I turn off the pictures. But I was mostly wondering if it was the ammount of sets,
a bad copy of immages, ziped wrong, or some other thing. That is a massive issue that the main point of it (to have a large collection of cards) Has an inverse effect, But
unless Im over looking something simple, no easy way to fix
(signature was too big, removed by mods)
Zethfox

Re: Newer Version Slower?

Post by Zethfox »

a bad copy of immages, ziped wrong, or some other thing

hit the nail on the head.
also i recently found some issues with sound and sound file sizes effecting game play dramatically.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

There are many reasons for the game to become slower, and although we are trying our best, it is very difficult to increase the possibilities of the game while maintaining a good performance on such a limited device as the PSP. That being said, there are ways to make your life better:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3138

Please try these performance tips. Some of them, such as using Tiny crops instead of "regular" images, as well as using the Default theme instead of any other theme, can make a huge difference (game starts to lag after 10 games instead of in the middle of every game, for example)

Also triple check your memory stick. Wagic does heavy access on your memory stick, a cheap memory stick will give you bad performance. With the increased amount of sets, the probability increases that the set you are trying to display is not yet in ram. This is especially true for Momir where all the cards are randomized.

If you're on a PSP1000, don't expect miracles though :/
ProtoJazz

Post by ProtoJazz »

oooh, I like the tiny crops.
(signature was too big, removed by mods)