Can't play duress

Need help installing/playing Wagic? Post here
Drorian

Can't play duress

Post by Drorian »

Hi everyone, I searched the forum but couldn't find solution to this problem, I just started to play with the latest version and can't find how to play a duress,adding 1 black mana and targeting the opponent it just won't do anything.

I also wanted to know which files I have to copy from an old version to keep my stats(Very old, it had like 10 sets in it), cause I tried to simply overwrite the folder with the new version but it was totally bugged, every game started with more than 10 cards in hand and I couldn't play any land, menu display bugs, etc... I only wanted my old stats
Drorian

Re: Can't play duress

Post by Drorian »

ok i've been able to play it now, targeting the opponent's hand, but i've found 2 problems:
-sometimes I can't cast the duress, I add the mana and the card simply can't be cast, it doesn't become green (in the main phases, I know it's a sorcery)
-when an opponent has an enchantment in play I can't target their hand (on psp, i target the opponent, go right to target graveyard, go down to target library, go left and it selects the enchantment instead of his hand)
dber

Post by dber »

I fixed the code just changing opponenthand to hand

When you find a card that doesn't work, you can find similar cards that work and just fix the nonworking card.
Example for this card: inquisition of kozilek
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

changing it to hand would allow you to use it on yourself, making it not accurate...the issue if i'm reading correctly is that it is hard to select the opponenthand icon when the opponent has artifacts or enchantments in play?
Drorian

Post by Drorian »

yes, that's one of the issues, but i've finally managed to select their hand even with some enchantments in play.
The other problem, however, still persists: sometimes I can't play the spell, maybe it's because the opponent hasn't any nonland noncreature card in hand, don't know, it even happens on my 1st turn, with them having 6-7 cards in hand!
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

right, if he has none it would not let you play it.
dber

Post by dber »

Zethfox wrote:right, if he has none it would not let you play it.
well but in real magic play that wouldn't work like that. the duress should go to graveyard even if the opponent has or not noncreature cards, so as an effect, duress must have the effect moveto itself to the grave. This for all "reject" cards, true¿
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Yeah, I think your understanding is correct. This is due to a limitation of how "targetting" works in Wagic...