Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Wasnt there a bouty?

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
darkenvy

Wasnt there a bouty?

Post by darkenvy »

Hey guys,

I get all my alerts as a RSS feed pushed to my phone so I can goof off at work and stay on top of the news :lol: . I remember a while ago there being a $10,000 bounty for hacking the Vita but that the bounty could not be guarenteed due to the money not being able to be pooled (paypal and so forth). Funny enough though, I am not no longer able to find that article anywhere :? Gosh I hope it was this community before I write all this :lol:

Anyways I had an idea for a fund. Why not use decentralized currency? A bitcoin wallet setup to require 3 our of 6 private keys would work quiet well (wololo & 5 trusted top members). The money can reach its receiver, paypal/noone can freeze the funds and the method of holding the money would work quiet well. Everyone can donate to the fund publicly and funds dont have to be 'collected'. The ledger being public also allows everyone to see that the money is rewarded properly as well.

True, not everyone can donate bitcoin; the pot may be smaller. However I find it difficult for someone to receive their $10k from everyone after the hack is released. I see many simply going off with the hack or being jaded by the release and therefor not paying what they promised. This way the pot will be what it is and may be a better motivator.

comments? (lets keep it friendly)
Advertising
PSVita 1 : Unboxed → 1.61 → Everybody's Tennis Exploit → 1.81 → Urbanix Exploit
PSVita 2 : 1.813.51 → Rejuvinate & TN-V
PSTV 1 : 3.35 → Whitelist Hack & Rejuvinate
PSTV 2 : Latest FW Always
Joel16

Re: Wasnt there a bouty?

Post by Joel16 »

10k? You guys probably would've already had a native vita hack right now. Lol jk jk
You got it wrong though, it's 3k not 10k, and here's the thread viewtopic.php?f=23&t=41980.
Advertising
"Forever in darkness, a guardian devil."
ch3wt0ys

Post by ch3wt0ys »

Bitcoin would be a bad idea, everyone investing into the bounty would be pledging less than they actually are because of the constant fluctuation in the BC market. Its value drops each day and I haven't seen it rise in a while.

It would suck of the BC market crashed while the bounty is still in progress, no one wants to lose thousand of dollars going that route.
PSP-3001 4G : 6.20 LME-2.3
PS Vita PCH-1001 (Wifi Model) : 3.51 OFW
PS Vita PCH-1101 (3G Model) : 3.18 OFW
PS4 : 2.51 OFW
darkenvy

Post by darkenvy »

Thanks for finding the thread! :P

The price of bitcoin has been very stable over the course of several months. It is staying around the $200-$240 region. That is still very volatile when compared to the fluctuations of USD|EUR but with the significance of money reform in countries like Cyprus it is still a safe venture to donate to the fund.

Besides, the bounty is still free to the person claiming it. Free is free is free. Also you lose money the moment you donate :P. If BTC happened to crash during the bounty, the donators alreay lost their money, and the claimer doesnt exist yet.

I see your POV; maybe some of the bounty could be bitcoin. I could accidently send the blog writer the private key and accidently post the public key with $20 USD in it XD. hehe :lol:
PSVita 1 : Unboxed → 1.61 → Everybody's Tennis Exploit → 1.81 → Urbanix Exploit
PSVita 2 : 1.813.51 → Rejuvinate & TN-V
PSTV 1 : 3.35 → Whitelist Hack & Rejuvinate
PSTV 2 : Latest FW Always

Return to “General”