Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

New subforums for your favorite platform?

What platforms would you like to see get their own subforum?

Xbox/Xbox 360
8%
NDS/3DS
6%
iPhone/iPad/iPod
12%
Android
20%
PC
43%
Wii
3%
openPandora
3%
The device I want is not in this list
2%
none
3%

Total votes: 118

wololo
Site Admin

New subforums for your favorite platform?

Post by wololo »

Would you like to have more subforums dedicated to some specific devices here at /talk? If so, what platforms would you like to see? Choose your favorite 2
Advertising
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
6.20TN(HEN)

Re: New subforums for your favorite platform?

Post by 6.20TN(HEN) »

android and xbox 360
Advertising
PSP 3000- 6.20 Perm. Pro B8
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

I'm developing for Android, so definitely Android. I don't care about consoles anymore, they'll be obsolete soon enough
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
Ubuntu7
Banned

Post by Ubuntu7 »

m0skit0 wrote:I'm developing for Android, so definitely Android. I don't care about consoles anymore, they'll be obsolete soon enough
f... android (iOS , PC, and Ubuntu FTW! )
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

Ubuntu7 wrote:
m0skit0 wrote:I'm developing for Android, so definitely Android. I don't care about consoles anymore, they'll be obsolete soon enough
f... android (iOS , PC, and Ubuntu FTW! )
Umm... What dose Ubuntu DO???? :lol:
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
asgard20032
Location: Milky Way, Solar system, Earth, North America, Canada, Québec..... In front of my computer

Post by asgard20032 »

Definitely PC... and Android. Personally, i don't have any device with android... but android is one of the most used OS on small device.

In the PC section, we need to have a subsection to talk about Unix, Linux, Windows(even if some hate it, we can"t ignore the most used OS), Mac, Programming, Game, Multimedia(video, image, sound editing), hardware...

The Unix and Linux section will need a thread like the one i did in Other: Programming... (the Guide about assembly). A guide explaining what the OS consist, some trick... and link to useful documentation/resource, like console tutorial, bash documentation... But its not me that will make those guide, i don't have enough experience with those OS... we need someone like m0skit0, someone dedicated to Linux, or UNIX, not just someone like me who is still learning more about it.
Maxaxle

Post by Maxaxle »

I'm only going to vote PC.
Silver PSP-2001 (TA-085 v2) PRO-B10 CFW 6.20
If you're going to stick with an OFW, stick with 6.20.

P.S. My avatar is a picture of my dog, scaled down.
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

Ubuntu7 wrote:f... android (iOS , PC, and Ubuntu FTW! )
Ubuntu = Linux
Android = Linux
Ignorant people FTW!
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
Strangelove

Post by Strangelove »

I thought we've learned by now that our forum users FAIL at voting. *points to genesis vote*

Why not simply let evolution take it's course, by letting the most talked about platform on "other platforms" forums get its own forum???

Many of those listed probably deserve one. Android, Pandora and PC are interesting. I'd probably vote Android.

NDS, XBox etc. are too but that would shift the forum from being a Sony-centric forum to covering them all and it looses something by doing that IMO.
"If you have specific questions ... don't hesitate to ask as the more generic the question is the more philosophic the answer will be" - PSPWizard
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Strangelove wrote:I thought we've learned by now that our forum users FAIL at voting. *points to genesis vote*

Why not simply let evolution take it's course, by letting the most talked about platform on "other platforms" forums get its own forum???
The audience vote for genesis was a popularity vote. It was my mistake to start it before we actually announced the 3 winners, I should have waited (I'll be better next time)

I'm thinking a vote here makes more sense. People seem to be "shy" in the "other platforms" section, so I'm trying to measure how many people are actually interested in other platforms, and which ones.
Many of those listed probably deserve one. Android, Pandora and PC are interesting. I'd probably vote Android.
Long term, I agree, but I want to go slowly, start with maybe 2, and see how it goes. If we don't have enough posts, I'll reconsider.
NDS, XBox etc. are too but that would shift the forum from being a Sony-centric forum to covering them all and it looses something by doing that IMO.
True, but I think the core will remain Sony stuff, lots of the people here are experienced with the PSP and the PS3

I'm surprised that iOs is not getting more votes so far... in terms of "unlocking", "jailbreaking", it's closer to the PSP, I would have expected people to have some interest in that platform too ;)
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!

Return to “Announcements”