Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Some games freeze the PSP

Discuss PSP Official Games here
Forum rules
- No piracy talk is allowed here.
- Only discuss the games you like without the technical aspects of "how to run them on firmware XXX....". In particular, ISO discussion is not allowed in this subforum.
- This is for official games only. For homebrews, go to viewforum.php?f=2
szm1gluu

Some games freeze the PSP

Post by szm1gluu »

Some of the games like mortal kombat unchained freeze my PSP and then turns off console. Any solution?
my sw is 6.61 LME-2.3 Infinity
Advertising
NNNRT

Re: Some games freeze the PSP

Post by NNNRT »

Try turning off your plugins and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, it's a plugin, and you'll have to enable each, one at a time, until you find out the intervening plugin.
Advertising
szm1gluu

Post by szm1gluu »

my only plugin is dayviewer and even if i turn it off the games still manage to crash and then turn off my psp
NNNRT

Post by NNNRT »

There may be a problem with your game backups. Try playing them on another PSP and see if the problem persists. If it does, then you'll have to dump your UMDs again (as in create new game files). If it doesn't, then I believe it's a problem with 6.61 CFW. I recommend downgrading back to 6.60 CFW, since there isn't really any change in 6.61, and 6.60 has way better support (since 6.60 stayed for a long time of the PSP scene, while 6.61 was released when the PSP scene was already dying and the Vita scene was gaining more attention). Both my PSPs are on 6.60 CFW for that reason. Hope everything works well for you.
szm1gluu

Post by szm1gluu »

I actually download iso roms and put it straight onto my memory stick, on ppsspp all roms works fine but on my psp like 3/4 of them. Is it safe to downgrade?

Even dumps from my official UMDs won't work, first lag for like 10 seconds then my psp turns off
Last edited by NNNRT on Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged double post
NNNRT

Post by NNNRT »

Yes, it is completely safe to downgrade to 6.60, but for older firmwares you'll have to see the least your PSP can support. But all PSPs with no exception can downgrade from 6.61 to 6.60, so you'll have to go with 6.60. Use Chronoswitch downgrader: https://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/949
szm1gluu

Post by szm1gluu »

i already tried that one, with 6.60 my psp says that higher version is already installed and i can't downgrade, with 6.20 says that data is corrupted
NNNRT

Post by NNNRT »

My bad, I just checked the download page, the version of Chronoswitch over there is an old one, the latest one is 7.0, I uploaded it and it's up for approval. In the meantime, here's the link so you can downgrade to 6.60: https://www.mediafire.com/file/dhq6etcl ... 0.zip/file

Return to “Games”