Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Custom Skins Minecraft PSV

Discuss official PS Vita games here
RubyRoseRed

Custom Skins Minecraft PSV

Post by RubyRoseRed »

If anyone could tell me how I'd go about changing my skin for a DLC skin pack on minecraft PS Vita edition that'd be amazing, I tried for several hours the other day but the most I could find is where you change resource pack textures, but I know it's possible to edit files and upload a custom minecraft skin because others have done it, as shown here: https://imgur.com/a/FJ1U3

I've also found a couple videos of it but they were less than helpful and provided no instructions, unfortunately... any ideas?

My vita is jailbroken with Henkaku and I have/used Vitashell btw, I know there's no "natural" way to upload custom skins
Advertising
RubyRoseRed

Re: Custom Skins Minecraft PSV

Post by RubyRoseRed »

An update to this, I think I found where they changed the skin files, although I'm really not sure how to go about decrypting the files (I'm assuming that's what's wrong with them), because they show as a simple "alex.png" "alex2.png" so on and so forth, and are in the directory (Keep in mind PCSE00491 is just my minecraft file's directory, yours will probably be different) ux0:patch/PCSE00491/Common/res/TitleUpdate/res/mob/

and that's where the steve.png and alex.png files are, for the default in-game texture pack. For the Additional texture packs, they lie in ux0:patch/PCSE00491/PSVita/DLC/
but the files each DLC folder contains are just ".pck" and ".binka" files, and I have no idea how to open those to attempt to change the skins out. Hope this helped a bit more, but keep in mind when I tried changing out "alex1.png" with a regular minecraft skin that was 64x32 renamed "alex1.png", when I loaded up minecraft and went to it it crashed my GPU and I had to restart my Vita
Advertising
goolord

Post by goolord »

if anyone finds out how to do this for updated versions of minecraft, please post it here.
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

This would require a moderate ammount of work, plus I'm pretty sure your friend can't see a custom skin. Tall order for cosmetics only you can see.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
RubyRoseRed

Post by RubyRoseRed »

I didn't think of it that way, I'm sorry if it is, but to be fair, aren't most homebrew/vita hacks like that anyways? That is, to say they're self-gain or self-entertainment type things? Like custom themes for the PS Vita for example, those are only cosmetics, but if the effort was put in to find how to change skins, I'm sure it'd open up much more than that, like how to make custom "resource packs" or change mob/item textures, things like that. I've put about a weeks worth of time in trying to learn how all this stuff works and figure this out, but to not much success, any step forward, even small like this, would be a step in the right direction though, and I'm sure there are several people who'd find something like this useful and maybe be able to expand upon it with the right information (and personally, since the PS Vita's MC online play isn't the most expansive, I know me and a few of my friends were just planning on adding all the skins we changed individually to our own PS Vitas so it DID show up on eachother's screens)
shiva1995

Post by shiva1995 »

Does anyone know if there are going to be new skins on Minecraft?

Piracy links removed, consider this a verbal warning next time I will ban.
-Dmaskell92
Last edited by dmaskell92 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Content removed
AlejandroPaul

Post by AlejandroPaul »

hi you can download minecraft apk at https://modsuper.com/tr/minecraft so you can easily customize your minecraft skins.

Return to “Games”