Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] AccountSwitcher

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Mr.iCE

Re: [RELEASE] AccountSwitcher

Post by Mr.iCE »

I just used this app and here are some of my observations.

The steps when you have to activate the vita after you logged in the new account are somehow flawed.
I did the method where you go into the settings -> psn settings -> activate system.
Here I didn't know what to use. Game activation? Music / video? PS Mobile?

I did all three options (PSM wasn't working btw) and opened AccountSwitcher. On the top it just said "Current account: (unslaved)". So it wasn't displaying my new account name.

Ok I said, next option then and went to the PS Store and downloaded a free theme. Same result in AccountSwitcher...****.

Last option, opened Vita-activator and told it to activate the system, but it failed with an error that said unknown PSID and that I should be scared...wow.
Opened AccountSwitcher again, just to make sure, but again, my account name wasn't displayed.

So for *** and giggles I just restarted the vita and opened AccountSwitcher and fair enough it looked good and my new account name was displaying and it backupped all files correctly.

I then launched vita-activator again to check if the restart might have also helped there, but I got the same error again that my PSID is unknown.
Maybe this somehow helps with the activation code in your implementation? Because for me none of the activation apps worked.
Advertising
pendor

Post by pendor »

Mr.iCE wrote:I just used this app and here are some of my observations.

The steps when you have to activate the vita after you logged in the new account are somehow flawed.
I did the method where you go into the settings -> psn settings -> activate system.
Here I didn't know what to use. Game activation?

I did all three options (PSM wasn't working btw) and opened AccountSwitcher. On the top it just said "Current account: (unslaved)". So it wasn't displaying my new account name.

Ok I said, next option then and went to the PS Store and downloaded a free theme. Same result in AccountSwitcher...****.

Last option, opened Vita-activator and told it to activate the system, but it failed with an error that said unknown PSID and that I should be scared...wow.
Opened AccountSwitcher again, just to make sure, but again, my account name wasn't displayed.

So for *** and giggles I just restarted the vita and opened AccountSwitcher and fair enough it looked good and my new account name was displaying and it backupped all files correctly.

I then launched vita-activator again to check if the restart might have also helped there, but I got the same error again that my PSID is unknown.
Maybe this somehow helps with the activation code in your implementation? Because for me none of the activation apps worked.
None of this has anything to do with AccountSwitcher.

I've removed the activation option in the latest release (since it wasn't working correctly) and updated the steps recommending you activate the device via the settings screen (as long as PSN spoofing works).

It goes without saying that you need an activated profile to use it with AccountSwitcher.
Advertising
Mr.iCE

Post by Mr.iCE »

pendor wrote:
Mr.iCE wrote:I just used this app and here are some of my observations.

Here I didn't know what to use. Game activation?

None of this has anything to do with AccountSwitcher.

I've removed the activation option in the latest release (since it wasn't working correctly) and updated the steps recommending you activate the device via the settings screen (as long as PSN spoofing works).

It goes without saying that you need an activated profile to use it with AccountSwitcher.
I don't know what else to tell you. This wasn't meant as criticism, just my observations while using your tool and following the instructions.
onaryc

Post by onaryc »

Hi, i've bought a vita from someone and did not restore the system first. I've installed henkay, games, homebrews and i wanted to download a psp demo in order to be ready for the PSP exploit. But when i tried to connect to ps store, ma memory card was tied to the psn account of the former owner.

Then i installed your app (0.3 version) and follow the usage steps, without dumping the current profile (no use for me, but i was surely wrong :( ). But when a reboot the vita and log whith my new account, the memory card can not be used because it is still tied to the other id. The system ask for a format!

Am i scr..ed?

edit : i will give memorycard swapper a try, i have 2 vitas 8-)
MrFwibbles

Post by MrFwibbles »

After unslaving my memory card and putting 2 accounts on there, if I decide to update to the latest firmware (losing HENkaku in the process), would I still be able to use the same memory card for 2 accounts, as long as I reformat the system and reactivate on PSN each time?

Edit: The answer is no. When trying to restore the backup, several "The application could not be found" errors are displayed.
Yoti
VIP

Post by Yoti »

Open source? =)
IF SOMEONE HAS AN 07G PSP-3000 PLZ CONTACT ME VIA PM.

Do not forget about adb kill-server. Really.
hepc85

Post by hepc85 »

onaryc wrote:Hi, i've bought a vita from someone and did not restore the system first. I've installed henkay, games, homebrews and i wanted to download a psp demo in order to be ready for the PSP exploit. But when i tried to connect to ps store, ma memory card was tied to the psn account of the former owner.

Then i installed your app (0.3 version) and follow the usage steps, without dumping the current profile (no use for me, but i was surely wrong :( ). But when a reboot the vita and log whith my new account, the memory card can not be used because it is still tied to the other id. The system ask for a format!

Am i scr..ed?

I have the same problem, anyone can help?

i forgot to save my main id before doing the switching, now i can't unslave the memory card and everytime i go back to my main id, it said that it's tied to the 2nd id and can't use henkaku.
BrewN0

Post by BrewN0 »

hepc85 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:40 am
onaryc wrote:Hi, i've bought a vita from someone and did not restore the system first. I've installed henkay, games, homebrews and i wanted to download a psp demo in order to be ready for the PSP exploit. But when i tried to connect to ps store, ma memory card was tied to the psn account of the former owner.

Am i scr..ed?

I have the same problem, anyone can help?

i forgot to save my main id before doing the switching, now i can't unslave the memory card and everytime i go back to my main id, it said that it's tied to the 2nd id and can't use henkaku.
Hi guys,

I have the same problem. I hope someone can help!
I have bought a ps vita 1003 on ebay with 3.68 with h-encore already installed in the original memory card linked with the account of the seller and a 32gb sd with SD2VITA card.
Everything was working perfectly until now..

I didn't follow the instruction because, don't know why :? , I didn't think to go at the first page of the topic.. :oops:
I installed the .vpk, changed the account and rebooted the system.
Now, the memory card is linked to the other account and the only way to use it is to format it! :(

Is there anything I can do to get everything back or my only option is to format the card and re-install everything back?

Thanks.

Return to “HENkaku”