Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaQuakeIII - Quake 3: Arena + Quake 3: Team Arena + OpenArena + Urban Terror port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuakeIII - Quake 3: Arena + Quake 3: Team Arena port for PSVITA

Post by Rinnegatamante »

New BETA version available (0.6) with some improvements to the renderer, multiplayer support and added touchscreen support for aiming.

Changelog:
- Added touchscreen support for camera/cursor movement
- Added online and local multiplayer support
- Fixed a bug causing textures to not being rendered in some maps (eg. Q3TOURNEY1)
- Fixed a bug preventing Quake III Arena logo and character model to be rendered in game menus
- Optimized a bit renderer code, now game should run with better framerate

Note:

1) There's a known bug that can cause a game crash when trying to access some multiplayer servers. That issue is still being worked on to actually find the cause of said crash.
2) If you already had v.0.5 you can avoid to download Data Files and you can just replace uiarm.suprx in baseq3 with the file in the attachment of this post

Link:
http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/375

Thanks to all my Patroners for their awesome support:
- XandridFire
- Billy McLaughlin II
- Styde Pregny
- An0tHeROnE
- gnuffy
- Jorge Laurencena
- rsn8887
- PSX-Place.com
- John Wanot
- Count Duckula
- polytoad
- Edd
- Defkyle
- Davenor
- Samuel Batista
- Jaden Emrich
- Elwood Blues
- Justin
- Daniel Crane
- Lars Zondervan
- Yakara Network
- gnmmarechal
- Santiago Quiroga
- Pirloui
- Ramerson Wesley Araujo
- Gelson Silva
- temp_anon
- 2Mourty
- Bryan Hanbury
Advertising
Attachments
uiarm.zip
(230.28 KiB) Downloaded 716 times
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
gnmmarechal

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuakeIII - Quake 3: Arena + Quake 3: Team Arena port for PSVITA

Post by gnmmarechal »

Well done, I'll be giving this a shot!
Advertising
Mrgreezy3

Post by Mrgreezy3 »

Very good work but may i ask something i have switched the mission pack files and put the mod "afterwards" files in mission pack folder. The mod loads and is fully playable but everytime bot shoots a rocket or some sort of explosion i dont know exactly ... It crashes the game if you have time can you look into this issue becaue mods definitely load with this release i have loaded also" true combat "but cannot play because i cannot change the controls so i cannot sprint or aim down sight but mods work fully with no issues... Thank you for your response in advance
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Mrgreezy3 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:49 pm Very good work but may i ask something i have switched the mission pack files and put the mod "afterwards" files in mission pack folder. The mod loads and is fully playable but everytime bot shoots a rocket or some sort of explosion i dont know exactly ... It crashes the game if you have time can you look into this issue becaue mods definitely load with this release i have loaded also" true combat "but cannot play because i cannot change the controls so i cannot sprint or aim down sight but mods work fully with no issues... Thank you for your response in advance
Tbh, i would rather focus on Quake III before dealing with mods. Standard game is still not very enjoyable in several maps and wasting time trying to deal with mods is not something i want to do for now.
kingcrimson1920

Post by kingcrimson1920 »

3 questions.

Mission packs for quake 2?

Is Unreal Possibly? - this is this same engine.... i think

and question about one fantastic game - Clive Barker's Unduying - possible? - this is fantastic game...
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

kingcrimson1920 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:38 pm 3 questions.

Mission packs for quake 2?

Is Unreal Possibly? - this is this same engine.... i think

and question about one fantastic game - Clive Barker's Unduying - possible? - this is fantastic game...
1) It requires vitaQuakeII to be dynamically linked. Long story short: Not worth the effort considered the tools we actually have in vitasdk for doing this.
2) No, Unreal is closed source same as the engine (Unreal Engine 1 != idTech 3). [Not to mention Unreal Engine 1 is way more advanced and complex of idTech 3]
3) No, closed source.
AlternativeZero

Post by AlternativeZero »

Sorry for bothering you but mind if I ask, in your opinion would a port of GZDoom (the one that supports more mods such as Brutal Doom) be possible since it's open source and we now have VitaGL?

Thanks for the hard work you've put into the Vita, it's much appreciated.
Elwood89

Post by Elwood89 »

Hello!
Just wanted to say thanks for implementing the touchscreen controls. With mouse sensivity set to 1/2 and smoothing on it is perfect for me.
I only use the touchscreen for turning right now;).
t1op

Post by t1op »

Any update on a keyboard?
I copied over the missionpack folder from my team arena disc.
When I select Team Arena the app/game closes. Am I missing something or is Team Arena not yet supported?
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

t1op wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:47 am Any update on a keyboard?
I copied over the missionpack folder from my team arena disc.
When I select Team Arena the app/game closes. Am I missing something or is Team Arena not yet supported?
Update on a keyboard?

As for Team Arena, it works just fine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYhNxJY4QAM

Return to “HENkaku”