Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

vitashell's rif is being used for epsp some more info please

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
TechTomas

vitashell's rif is being used for epsp some more info please

Post by TechTomas »

can i get some info on why the created psp bubble can use vitashell's rif data as a key and have it run, like you can use any psp bubble with the rif from vitashell just rename the title of the rif to the original title of the inactive rif you get when installing games, so i've been able to install psp games on a non activated vita and use the rif data from vitashell and activate the game using vitashell rif and install adrenaline to a point but the games just give me an error after a the psp screen goes by and then the health and safety and then crashes, is there any successful games or such to run on a non activated vita any eboot vpk/ homebrew that installs on vita side and i can take it over with adrenaline pboot and get it to run, ive been looking at other programs like the flows dumper for ps1 base headers and it still finds the proper kernal module and i edited the script to tell it to look elsewhere and it works just when it starts dumping the headers it gives me a error flow can you fix this maybe get it to work thru adrenaline so we can sign games

(also why can vitashell use the rif to run on non activated vita and other programs cant unless ps vita is activated is there something im missing???)
Advertising
CelesteBlue

Re: vitashell's rif is being used for epsp some more info pl

Post by CelesteBlue »

HENkaku enabled Vita can create a valid .rif for any account, different for each TITLEID application.
But HENkaku can't yet make a valid .rif for PSP games.

You first have to understand that there is 4 differents conditions for a .rif :
invalid
valid but not useable because other account
valid but not useable bad RIF key
valid and useable !

VitaShell .rif (or any HENkaku homebrew .rif) is valid but not useable because bad RIF key.
But we can use it to bypass PSVita validity check while booting a PSP GAME.
So it doesn't show the "Corrupt" error anymore.
And then, let's PSPemu hack do the rest ;)
Advertising
Super-DJ10

Post by Super-DJ10 »

So, does it means that I'll be able to install ARK, or Adrenaline in any homebrew, with HENkaku, just simply putting this .rif file in the folder that I have the homebrew, and transfering it to my computer and transfering it back?????? :D
TechTomas

Post by TechTomas »

no as i understand it, on an henkaku enabled vita using vita shells rif and renaming it allows for psp games and minis to get far enough in the loading zone that ark or adrenaline can trigger without error, the game doesn't actually play it just gets far enough, but let it be known ive seen my friend activate and play his own purchased content from zeus with vita shell rif and installing the package he got directly from sony servers under his psn id but i've tried running it on other peoples packages and it only allows adrenaline or the psp emu to run but this might not work for everyone and it was a pretty lengthy process

Return to “Programming and Security”