Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

6.20 patapon vs 6.20 golf2 vs 6.31 golf2

Half Byte loader is an open source tool to load homebrews on all models of PSPs
Half Byte Loader can be downloaded at http://wololo.net/wagic/hbl
lnmiii

6.20 patapon vs 6.20 golf2 vs 6.31 golf2

Post by lnmiii »

i have a pspgo and golf 2 (minna no golf 2 best <PSN version>) and patapon, if they work just as well i think i might use golf 2 version since im tired of the pata pata patapon at the beginning.

if they work just as well, does the 6.31 version work as well as the 6.20 version of golf 2? because i am thinking about upgrading so i can do remote play via the internet (update required)

question is golf 2 as good as patapon? if so is golf 2 just as good on 6.31? (im not worried about 6.20tn-a as i only play emulators and official psn purchased games)

thank you
Advertising
wololo
Site Admin

Re: 6.20 patapon vs 6.20 golf2 vs 6.31 golf2

Post by wololo »

That's a tough call.
We (the devs) have spent much more time working on the Patapon2 version than any other, so I'd say we know this game better than the other ones, and for this reason HBL works generally better on the patapon exploit. Plus I dont own HSG2, and I think JJS doesn't either (not sure), making development fo this exploit a bit more difficult than expected.

6.31 has new nids and I'm not sure we found all of them, JJS updated some of the "lib" files, but I'm sure there's more work to do, so for now, the 6.31 firmwares have probably less homebrew compatibility than 6.20.

It's a matter of personal choice, I think. As far as I know, no game requires 6.31 for now, so if I were you I would stick to 6.20+Media Go for your official purchases.
However if you want to play online badly, I would say upgrading might not be a bad choice.
Advertising
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
lnmiii

Post by lnmiii »

not so much badly as i just want to be able to...

if you want to test the minna no golf 2 (pspgo only it said but i think it will work on non go psps) i will let you use my account, but you would have to do it from media go since i already have 5 different ps3s on that account

if you want to try it i will give you pass and username so you can download it
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

For various reasons I'd rather not use your account. One of them being that some of my psps have been deactivated by sony due to "suspicious activity" because I change accounts a bit too often. I don't want that to happen on my pspgo as well... plus it might have an impact on your account too, so...
Thanks for the offer though :)
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
lnmiii

Post by lnmiii »

figured i would at least ask, maybe it could help since the only thing i did so far was get you to add O to the hbl (i did change one for myself but the current hbl is much better than the old one anyways) and i would like to be a bigger help if possible...

EDIT: gonna bite the bullet and upgrade to 6.31

EDIT2: wil check running compatibility (not gameplay, yet)
Daedalus r14 runs (most likely no better than before)
Wagic runs
emumaster v.3 runs
picodrive runs
nesterj 1.13beta2 runs
uosnes9x ruka0032 runs
uo gpsp kai 3.2 user 64m test 02 runs
bookr v8.1 runs

EDIT3: will check to see if anything runs differently compared to 6.20, not expecting it to though?will start about 9 am japan time
lnmiii

Post by lnmiii »

everything seems to run better though that is probably a 101 vs 107 effect, it seems to run flawlessly on 6.31 (some things slightly better, again most likely since it is 107 instead of 101)

Return to “Half Byte Loader”