Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PKG install issue

Everything that is PS3-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
MrSephi

PKG install issue

Post by MrSephi »

I have a DLC pkg (WHICH I PURCHASED FROM PSN DON'T CRUCIFY ME). I tried to install it and it seemed to work but the content does not show up in game. I decrypted the PKG and then recompiled it into a new pkg. What did I do wrong, and how can I fix it? (And the reason I paid for it but now have to install a decrypted pkg is region locking. Screw Sony.)
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: PKG install issue

Post by fate6 »

Yea screw SONY! Its not like its up to the publisher to decide where what content goes and the PS3 was the only none region locked home console of its gen!

Anywhoo your story doesn't add up, if you paid for it then you have an account for that other region right? then why don't you just sign in to that account and download the DLC?
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
MrSephi

Post by MrSephi »

fate6 wrote:Yea screw SONY! Its not like its up to the publisher to decide where what content goes and the PS3 was the only none region locked home console of its gen!

Anywhoo your story doesn't add up, if you paid for it then you have an account for that other region right? then why don't you just sign in to that account and download the DLC?
CFW my friend, and not enough cash to get a new CID (My old PS3 is dead and gone sadly.) and scew buying it again.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

I assume you didn't install the license for it? need to get a rap or riff for it for the PS3 to let you use any PSN content.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
MrSephi

Post by MrSephi »

fate6 wrote:I assume you didn't install the license for it? need to get a rap or riff for it for the PS3 to let you use any PSN content.
I backed everything up on a daily basis (luckily for me) so I do have a rif for both.
MrSephi

Post by MrSephi »

Help?
Casavult

Post by Casavult »

You could try ReActPSN. I've never used it personally but I hear it can activate your PSN purchases.
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •
TechTomas

Post by TechTomas »

put the rif data file into your exdata folder on the ps3 and that should allow the dlc to run (if its been installed before on that ps3 with cid then it should have all same checks) and that should do it for you, if not convert the rif to rap file and use reactpsn like others have said or even more simple get the rap file (if you need one and dont wanna do any work use [0x00000000] search for your game and download the rap for it) and use psnpatch its better and will activate the content under the user you choose as long as you have an activated psn id and act.dat and that way the stuff shows the owner info as your own user (no second user needed, and cancels all those steps that reactPSN needs, anytime you install a new game add the rap to usb exdata folder and run psnpatch press L1 and it installs)
Last edited by fate6 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: nop
MrSephi

Post by MrSephi »

Hey fellas. Sorry it's been a while. Things got hectic for a while there but i'm back!

I've tried both the reactpsn and psnpatch methods but the dlc still doesn't show up in the game. the RAP was a convert from the rif and psn patch says the raps are installed. Any ideas?
MrSephi

Post by MrSephi »

Fellas?

Return to “General”