Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Moonlight for Vita Alpha3 [60fps + Sound+ L2/R2/L3/R3 touch]

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Zeroba

Re: Moonlight for Vita Alpha3 [60fps + Sound+ L2/R2/L3/R3 to

Post by Zeroba »

Gamestream as far as I remember is only on Geforce GTX 6XX or higher cards.
Advertising
Vita 1k 6.60 - HENkaku
PSP 3k 6.60 - PRO-C
Filippo94

Post by Filippo94 »

I discovered an issue which seems not directly related to moonlight. I had Ice setup on my Steam Library long time before even owning a PSVita, and has always worked right. While launching games during the streams, it seems that Steam fails at launching files which have spaces in the name. Tested on Dolphin and PCSX2, both did work without stream, didn't work with the stream (giving an error about the first word after the first space), did work with stream and without spaces in the game's name.

Still can't find a reason why this does even happen :|
Advertising
PSP Fat cfw 6.60 Pro-C2
PSVita Fat 3.60 taiHen
Invertfreak

Post by Invertfreak »

It is a bug in ice. There is a tutorial on this site that shows you how to fix that. It was on their mainpage a coupke of weeks ago.
Filippo94

Post by Filippo94 »

Thanks for telling me, the fix consists in putting "" around %r in emulator.txt, to allow for space recognization

Code: Select all

[Project64]
location=D:\Program Files\Project64\Project64.exe
command=%l ""%r""
I had just one, no idea why two of them are needed...
PSP Fat cfw 6.60 Pro-C2
PSVita Fat 3.60 taiHen
ShrineFox

Post by ShrineFox »

Hey, trying to use the latest Moonlight. I have a GTX 750 Ti and I meet all the stream requirements.
I created the server.txt and settings.txt, paired it with GeForce Experience, and tried to launch Steam.

Unfortunately, on the Vita, it gets stuck at "Stream 1366 x 786, 60 fps, 3000 kbps" and nothing happens.
I've tried restarting my PC and Vita, deleting the contents of the moonlight folder in ux0:data and re-pairing, and I have no idea what's wrong.
Invertfreak

Post by Invertfreak »

Actually you coud get away with 1280 x 720. I know some people have had luck with their vitas getting it down 960 x544 , but i haven't. Were you able to connect to the pc at all to pair? If you can't then it may be your firewall.

Edit: just reread your post. Yeah definitally try a different resolution. It dies that when I try to load the psvitas actual resolution. Making the resolution smaller will also make it less laggy and I would change the bit rate to 2000 first. 6000 might be too much for it to stream.
Mandrak

Post by Mandrak »

Just want to let you know that an user on ulmf forum found a way to play any games that supports a keyboard from your pc to vita. I tested and it works.
Here the original post

"You need a lots of tools but to sum up:

- Henkaku 3.60 vita
- Ge force graphic card (600 or above) with geforce experience installed (i have the beta 3.2)
- Moonlight alpha 3
- a good wifi connection
- Xpadder 5.7 for win 7

The biggest problem is that the (emulated) nvidia shield isn't recognized as an hardware device so you need a tool that can keybind the emulated shield controller. After tried xbox360ce, ppjoy vjjoy joy2key ecc... with no success, i found a way with xpadder. The good thing is that in this way you can even play unity games that use Rawinput instead of the classic xinput.

Then use this trick to play any games that supports a keyboard:

You need to do this process only the first time

First time Run moonlight from your VITA
press x and pair the device with GFE, then press circle, steam BP will Start.
Close moonlight on VITA. - DO NOT CLOSE THE STREAMING ON YOUR DESKTOP-.

On your machine press alt+tab and open any folder you want
Run Xpadder and left it open on the screen.
Restart Moonlight.
Now the fake shield controller should be recognized to xpadder.
Keybind the buttons you want and save the xpadder configuration.
Run any game you want from your machine.
Done

RMDB"
Filippo94

Post by Filippo94 »

ShrineFox wrote:Unfortunately, on the Vita, it gets stuck at "Stream 1366 x 786, 60 fps, 3000 kbps" and nothing happens
My Vita refuses to playback videos at FullHD, only 720p works. Are you sure the Vita's hardware is capable of decoding video with a resolution over 720p (1280x720)?
PSP Fat cfw 6.60 Pro-C2
PSVita Fat 3.60 taiHen
poec

Post by poec »

Filippo94 wrote:
ShrineFox wrote:Unfortunately, on the Vita, it gets stuck at "Stream 1366 x 786, 60 fps, 3000 kbps" and nothing happens
My Vita refuses to playback videos at FullHD, only 720p works. Are you sure the Vita's hardware is capable of decoding video with a resolution over 720p (1280x720)?
OMG, really? did you know the vita has a 960 x 544 resolution? NO, full HD doesnt work, besides, why is the point of watch full hd movies in a handheld? use your smartphone...
7se7en

Post by 7se7en »

So GameStream is a service that allows you to play your PC games "on the go". Does this mean this program can access my computer from a different network?

I'm 90% certain this isn't the case since the server.txt file requires a local IP, and if a different network has a different computer linked to the IP, or none at all, moonlight would just hang waiting for a response.

Return to “HENkaku”