Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

SDK & Toolchain Archlinux packages

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
BuLLeKeUp

SDK & Toolchain Archlinux packages

Post by BuLLeKeUp »

Hi guys !

I've made some Archlinux packages for both the toolchain and the open source VitaSDK. Packages are available on my personal repo and PKGBUILDs are on my github and soon on the AUR.

Installation is explained on my blog

I also made a docker image with the packages pre-installed, which normally works on all distros.
To try it, run the following and replace <your_workdir> with the path to your own workspace.

Code: Select all

root@machine# docker pull bullekeup/arch-vita-toolchain
root@machine# docker run -ti -v <your_workdir>:/home/workspace --name vita-tool bullekeup/arch-vita-toolchain 
You should be able to use arm-vita-eabi-gcc toolchain and all the vita-xxx tools (vita-elf-create, vita-pack-vpk and others). As the docker image may not be updated each time the packages are, run pacman in the container to regularly update the toolchain (with docker container already running in an other terminal)

Code: Select all

root@machine# docker exec -u root vita-tool pacman -Sy vita-toolchain vita-toolchain-hostlibs
If you want to contribute, don't hesitate to reply, do suggestions or make pull requests with your modifications on my github repos, and I will try to answer as soon as possible ;)
Advertising
luck

Re: SDK & Toolchain Archlinux packages

Post by luck »

dang, you were so fast Lol
I m making pkgbuild from the official vitasdk repos, updated to 5.4.1.
My package name is vita-gcc

I will also add vita-portslib and vita-libvita2d

I think this is a bit confusional, i really like the way you can build the toolchain with official repos.
Why not update the official repo to 6.1.1?

Great job btw
Advertising
BuLLeKeUp

Re: SDK & Toolchain Archlinux packages

Post by BuLLeKeUp »

Like you said, it's possible to update the official repo to 6.1.1, but the fact is I don't want to build the toolchain with these tools because it doesn't let me control all steps of the toolchain building.

I just wanted to split packages for easier maintenance and patching of each component, but you can take my patches and port them to the official repo if you want to ;)

Plus, some tools weren't building at all due to the autotools version (4.xx if my memories are good) in Arch being incompatible with their configure script (libelf had this issue on Arch, at least on my config), and splitting packages was the easy way to resolve this issue.

I've added Xerpi's portlibs, libftpvita and libvita2d to my packages, updated my repo to include them, and updated my docker container. I don't have time now to push the PKGBUILDs to the AUR but I hope it will change in the coming weeks ;)

Return to “Programming and Security”