Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How to inject Snes games into 3ds

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
MrSandmann

Re: How to inject Snes games into 3ds

Post by MrSandmann »

Hey , how do I get an icon in the DecryptedExHeader.bin?
THX for the great Tutorial ;)
Advertising
NaG

Post by NaG »

The process of making a ROM into a CIA file seemed to work fine, but I don't think the actual file produced can run on a Japanese N3DS. The same is true of injects I've downloaded from other people; it starts up the virtual console but with a black screen that eventually gives me an error message and a reboot. I've tried using NTR with no luck, but I'm guessing it's something to do with the original ROM used to inject into not being Japanese region or something like that. Is there a workaround for this?
Advertising
tardisidiot

Post by tardisidiot »

Is there any way to do this with HANS yet?
darkaxe

Post by darkaxe »

Thank you for this awesome guide, but is there a way to use this with .smc roms? Or is it only with .bin roms?
fugelmir

Post by fugelmir »

darkaxe wrote:Thank you for this awesome guide, but is there a way to use this with .smc roms? Or is it only with .bin roms?
You can use any type of snes rom: .smc, .sfc, etc.

1. Use SnesInjector ---> [file] ---->[open] ---->select data.bin
2. Select [open rom] ---> browse to directory and confirm the rom you wish to insert
3. Select [save] in snesinjector. This will inject your selected rom over the old one.

Once you have that injected, you just have to follow the guide to rebuild the rom in 3ds builder. Then copy it to your 3ds to make sure it works.
darkaxe

Post by darkaxe »

Of course, now it works lol. I think it was a computer issue. Shes been weird today.
ChristinaR

Post by ChristinaR »

Thanks for sharing.
Will try it out later.
VibrantBlue

Post by VibrantBlue »

fugelmir wrote:This is a quick and dirty guide to getting a rom working. I'll do a full guide for banners.
Hey there! First off thanks for the guide, but I've tried to download the pack and mediafire says it's dangerous and won't allow a download. Is there a chance you could reupload it?
Original Xbox (180gb)
Sega Saturn (Chip, Switch)
PS1 (Chip), PS2 (FMCB 180GB), PSP 2000 (128GB), PS3 Slim (500GB), PS VITA 2000 (64GB Henkaku), PS4, 4TB
Gamecube with GBA Player, New3DS (32GB MicroSD), Wii U (1TB HDD with 64GB SD Card + vWii Softmodded)
skunkera

Post by skunkera »

hello,
i appreciate the work you did in your guide, but i have ran into a problem.

in the section of what you'll need
- this file pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?hqlna1wg1ghjxlg

i click on the link and when it brings me to the mediafire page, i get this message.

"Dangerous File Blocked
The file you attempted to download was determined to be dangerous. For your protection, MediaFire does not enable distribution of dangerous files.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance."
Bakson

Post by Bakson »

Which games are you trying to inject?

Return to “Tutorials”