Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Help with SD card please

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
DocKalbo

Help with SD card please

Post by DocKalbo »

Hi!

I have an old 3ds xl running on sysNAND 9.2.0/emuNAND 10.5.0 30U. I was trying to add some .cia games on my SD card when an error occurred during file transfer. Of course I wasn't able to read it (been hitting my head with a stick for a good while now).

Anyways, when I tried opening my SD card again, the PC wants me to format it. I click on cancel. I tried putting the SD card reader on another PC, and it still wants me to format. I tried putting the SD card back on the 3ds, and it's still working! OK, so maybe there's a problem with the USB. I already tried using all ports in both PCs but it doesnt do anything, still wants me to format the dang card.

So I decided to format emuNAND, which was no problem for me since I wanted to start with a fresh unit anyways. FBI injection through health and safety app still works. But PC STILL wants me to format card. I eventually agreed but when I did, FORMATTING CANNOT BE COMPLETED!

I'm at my wits end here. I just want my PC to be able to read the SD card again.

tl;dr: was transferring games to my SD card - unknown error occurred - now i can't read/write on it using any PC, can't even format it, BUT 3ds can still read it. What do I do?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Im wondering if this has happened before, as Ive been searching online for any solutions, none proved to be useful...
Advertising
blake1211

Re: Help with SD card please

Post by blake1211 »

I don't know if this will work or not but try the following.

1. make sure the card isn't locked
2. run command prompt as admin
3.run a chkdsk on the drive

chkdsk /f x:

replace x with the drive letter of the card
Advertising
sickness01

Post by sickness01 »

also try with a different adapter if you have one, i know with my n3ds the usb adapter i had the microSD attached with was the issue, the SD adapter and a different USB adapter both worked perfectly
ChristinaR

Post by ChristinaR »

Try to download a panasonic SD formatter, maybe it will be able to format your SD card.

Return to “Tutorials”