Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Archiving game/exploit for future use

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
thealgorithm

Archiving game/exploit for future use

Post by thealgorithm »

Had a PS Vita a few years ago and decided to purchase one again very recently

This came with 3.55 (Was the Lego Mega heroes bundle pack).

I installed CMA and the openCMA patch, as well as running the update spoofer/blocker. This worked well enough to make the PS Vita think that I was on the latest firmware (Where the latest was infact 3.57) However it did not allow me to go into the psn store - constantly asking me to perform a firmware update.

The idea somewhat was to reset the vita again and create a US based PSN account and to add the Minamo exploit game via download queue on PC and somehow run the PSN store on the Vita to allow me to download this.

Albeit, the issue was that no matter what, it would not allow me to go into the store section on the vita (even though it thought it was on the most up to date software). I also tried this in the beginning when resetting fully and no luck.

Hence I decided to update to 3.57 and purchase the exploit game "metal gear solid portable ops plus"
This works fine with VHBL. I would just need to rezip the files so that there is the additional VHBL directory at the beginning so that it will write to PSP/VHBL.

I have made a backup of the game (metal gear solid portable)

One question here is the following... Lets assume there is a new firmware update and I do not wish to update to this and later on down the line, I decide to reset the psp vita fully.. Am I right to assume that I can

A: run the firmware spoofer and openCMA and just transfer the gamebackup (metal gear solid) to the PS Vita without having to login to the PSN store (Where it will probably force me to update to the newest firmware)??
Advertising
frostvi3n

Re: Archiving game/exploit for future use

Post by frostvi3n »

Ure answer is Simply NOPE , if u use OPEN CMA in offline mode which is by default is , then it wont ask u to update , but u cant login to PSN , only on latest firmware u can login to PSN
Advertising
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

As stated download queue, accessing psn and any other trick to download any psp games you've purchased in the past will not work directly on ps vita on any update besides the most recent update 3.57. You can still download games but only by using a ps3. No other options besides updating, and if you update you loose the kexploit to run ARK/TN-V.
thealgorithm

Post by thealgorithm »

As mentioned in the initial post, I did not ask whether or not I can access the PSN store to download material without updating. I know that its a requirement to update to the latest firmware before there is any access or download queues.

What I asked is whether or not I can restore the game backup without updating that I made on my harddrive via opencma (In this case the backup I made included the metal gear solid portable ops+)
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

thealgorithm wrote:As mentioned in the initial post, I did not ask whether or not I can access the PSN store to download material without updating. I know that its a requirement to update to the latest firmware before there is any access or download queues.

What I asked is whether or not I can restore the game backup without updating that I made on my harddrive via opencma (In this case the backup I made included the metal gear solid portable ops+)
Oh yeah easily. Just put the Vita in airplane mode, reboot and try again using open cma/QCMA. However since this is a PSP game it will only restore a backup to the same exact Vita that it backed the game up from. So if you bought this game on your old Vita, backed it up and just had it there for a long time it won't restore onto your new one.
thealgorithm

Post by thealgorithm »

HarmfulMushroom wrote:
thealgorithm wrote:As mentioned in the initial post, I did not ask whether or not I can access the PSN store to download material without updating. I know that its a requirement to update to the latest firmware before there is any access or download queues.

Oh yeah easily. Just put the Vita in airplane mode, reboot and try again using open cma/QCMA. However since this is a PSP game it will only restore a backup to the same exact Vita that it backed the game up from. So if you bought this game on your old Vita, backed it up and just had it there for a long time it won't restore onto your new one.
Thanks, that's all I needed to know. Indeed its the same device. I just wanted to make sure that if there was a update which blocks the vhbl exploit, that I can indefinitely be able to keep using it (even if I do a hard reset)
tanakioe

Post by tanakioe »

For the OP. If you do not format your memory card but only do a hard reset on the vita end then you can restore the backup games. However if you are doing a full wipe of both the vita and the memory then you will still be able to get the game back on but to use it the Vita will prompt you to activate the device. So take that into mind. The easiest way for you is to just backup that memory card and just restore later then the actiavtion is stored on the memory card side when put back on. Hope that makes sense.
thealgorithm

Post by thealgorithm »

tanakioe wrote:For the OP. If you do not format your memory card but only do a hard reset on the vita end then you can restore the backup games. However if you are doing a full wipe of both the vita and the memory then you will still be able to get the game back on but to use it the Vita will prompt you to activate the device. So take that into mind. The easiest way for you is to just backup that memory card and just restore later then the actiavtion is stored on the memory card side when put back on. Hope that makes sense.
Thanks for this information. Would just a full directory/file backup of the memory card suffice? or is there data written to the sectors of the card to identify that it has been activated?
tanakioe

Post by tanakioe »

thealgorithm wrote:
tanakioe wrote:For the OP. If you do not format your memory card but only do a hard reset on the vita end then you can restore the backup games. However if you are doing a full wipe of both the vita and the memory then you will still be able to get the game back on but to use it the Vita will prompt you to activate the device. So take that into mind. The easiest way for you is to just backup that memory card and just restore later then the actiavtion is stored on the memory card side when put back on. Hope that makes sense.
Thanks for this information. Would just a full directory/file backup of the memory card suffice? or is there data written to the sectors of the card to identify that it has been activated?
The way that worked for me always was using the backup and restore options in the content manager. But if you can use a PS3 you can activate like that as well. You don't even need to own one, just as long as someone you know has one and willing enough for you to create a user account just for that purpose.
thealgorithm

Post by thealgorithm »

Yes. This is what I have used. Backup via the OpenCMA. I assume in this case that even if I was to format the whole memory stick, I can restore without activation as I have the backup already?

Return to “Support”