Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

A way to play PSP backups w/o Ark?

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
Blacklyte

A way to play PSP backups w/o Ark?

Post by Blacklyte »

Is there a way to play my PSP backups without ARK on 3.52? I have tried getting it to work over the past few days with no luck and I am getting tired of wasting my time.

All I want to do is play Crisis Core and P3P again and playing it on my PSP isn't an option anymore as my joystick is messed up.
Advertising
Sanderth

Re: A way to play PSP backups w/o Ark?

Post by Sanderth »

Blacklyte wrote:Is there a way to play my PSP backups without ARK on 3.52? I have tried getting it to work over the past few days with no luck and I am getting tired of wasting my time.

All I want to do is play Crisis Core and P3P again and playing it on my PSP isn't an option anymore as my joystick is messed up.
I don't know a way to do this. Except for the custom bubble method. However, I could help you with installing Ark. What have you tried so far? What base game did you use?
Advertising
Blacklyte

Post by Blacklyte »

ARK is running, however I have no real menu to work with. I tried installing ONEMenu however the tutorial, like majority of them, assumes that you already know what you are doing. I don't know how to place the files where they should go. QCMA, as far as I know, doesn't have a clean way of letting to access the files on the Vita's memory card, so I can't place the files in the right file path. On top of that, I don't know how to move my CSO's onto the memory card for install.

I keep hearing that FTP will help me, but it seems like the developer took it down.
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

Blacklyte wrote:ARK is running, however I have no real menu to work with. I tried installing ONEMenu however the tutorial, like majority of them, assumes that you already know what you are doing. I don't know how to place the files where they should go. QCMA, as far as I know, doesn't have a clean way of letting to access the files on the Vita's memory card, so I can't place the files in the right file path. On top of that, I don't know how to move my CSO's onto the memory card for install.

I keep hearing that FTP will help me, but it seems like the developer took it down.
All you need to do is place the required files in the ARK_12345 save folder on your computer, backups included. Simply transfer the save back over and it should work just fine. FTP is also an option but that will take forever to FTP a backup over..
Blacklyte

Post by Blacklyte »

I got ONEMenu running. Thanks for the help. One of the tutorials told me I had to pack it in a zip and install it that way.

Anyways, is there a way to load PSP CSOs onto the Vita besides packing them in the ARK save file? I have over 30GB of back ups and having to reload all of them onto my Vita just to install one is insane.
dkabot

Post by dkabot »

It doesn't have to be the ARK save folder, nor do they have to remain in said folder forever.

When I used ISOs, I copied them through the ARK save folder, then moved them into MS0:/ISO (though since you have to do this with PSPFIler it requires double the space any given ISO takes).

Alternatively, you could put them into savedatas that aren't the ARK one. I hear ONEMenu finds ISOs in any savedata folder just fine. Use as few or as many as you like, in dummy real saves or ones generated by vSFO editor. Lots of things are possible.

In my case, I went for the "crazy" end of things. I converted all my ISOs into EBOOTs to run them as rebirth bubbles, and hexedited 138Menu so that it'd list /PSP/VHBL instead of /PSP/GAME, then changed the config's path to /PSP/SAVEDATA as my EBOOTs are in the root of each save folder. I can then run them as bubbles, or go through ARK to run them with plugins (namely for Project Diva translations as I can't get anything but official ISOs and the ARK bubble working).
You don't need to be absolutely insane with it, but there's plenty of ways to go about things.
Blacklyte

Post by Blacklyte »

dkabot wrote:It doesn't have to be the ARK save folder, nor do they have to remain in said folder forever.

When I used ISOs, I copied them through the ARK save folder, then moved them into MS0:/ISO (though since you have to do this with PSPFIler it requires double the space any given ISO takes).

Alternatively, you could put them into savedatas that aren't the ARK one. I hear ONEMenu finds ISOs in any savedata folder just fine. Use as few or as many as you like, in dummy real saves or ones generated by vSFO editor. Lots of things are possible.

In my case, I went for the "crazy" end of things. I converted all my ISOs into EBOOTs to run them as rebirth bubbles, and hexedited 138Menu so that it'd list /PSP/VHBL instead of /PSP/GAME, then changed the config's path to /PSP/SAVEDATA as my EBOOTs are in the root of each save folder. I can then run them as bubbles, or go through ARK to run them with plugins (namely for Project Diva translations as I can't get anything but official ISOs and the ARK bubble working).
You don't need to be absolutely insane with it, but there's plenty of ways to go about things.
I never thought of dummy saves.. Do you think I could use the saves for the games themselves to load them onto my Vita? Like for instance put the CSO for Crisis Core into the main save?

Will putting a homebrew in a dummy save also work to get it running?
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

Blacklyte wrote:
dkabot wrote:It doesn't have to be the ARK save folder, nor do they have to remain in said folder forever.

I never thought of dummy saves.. Do you think I could use the saves for the games themselves to load them onto my Vita? Like for instance put the CSO for Crisis Core into the main save?

Will putting a homebrew in a dummy save also work to get it running?
Yes that will also work just fine, forgot to mention all that in my original post.
jazneo

Post by jazneo »

GTA Liberty City stories as game base can run all iso and cso.
Blacklyte

Post by Blacklyte »

HarmfulMushroom wrote: Yes that will also work just fine, forgot to mention all that in my original post.
I used the dummy saves to load all of my CSOs and they all worked great. However the homebrew doesn't show. I tried putting the in dummy saves with no luck,then I tried putting them in ZIP files and the same thing happens in ONEMenu. I thought they were supposed to pop in their own ZIP category like PSP and PSP One games.

EDIT: When I loaded up VitaFTP which included an INSTALL.ZIP file, everything appeared.

Return to “Support”