Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How to: PSP® CFW and OFW Downgrading

All topics regarding downgrading with TN Hen
King Clyde

How to: PSP® CFW and OFW Downgrading

Post by King Clyde »

Section I - Determining your PSP® Motherboard Type.
Section II - Motherboard specific instructions.
Section III - Alternate OFW Downgrade Method (Chronoswitch)
Section IV - Download Links and other important resources.

Section I - Determining your PSP® Motherboard Type.

Basic Console Information:

Motherboard OFW compatibility chart
PSP 100X
ImageIf you have a PSP 100X it doesn't matter what motherboard you have whatsoever in regards to downgrading.
PSP 200X
ImageThe majority of these consoles are hackable, the one exception to this statement is consoles with the TA-088-v3 motherboard.
PSP 300X
ImageAll of these consoles are very secure, similar to the TA-088-v3 this whole console series is unhackable, so honestly it doesn't really matter.
PSP Go
ImageAll of these consoles are very secure, similar to the TA-088-v3 and the PSP 300X Series this whole console series is unhackable, and has very few firmwares it can be downgraded to.

If downgrading a PSP from this console series please see the instructions for Chronoswitch Downgrader below.
PSP E1000 (Street)
ImageAll of these consoles are very secure, similar to the TA-088-v3 , PSP 300X, and PSP Go Series; this whole console series is unhackable and can only use firmwares, 6.50/6.60/6.61, although 6.60 OFW is the only firmware you can downgrade to since 6.50 OFW lacks the release of an updater and 6.61 is currently the latest OFW.

If downgrading a PSP from this console series please see the instructions for Chronoswitch Downgrader below.
Determining your PSP® Motherboard type
Download PSPIdent. 0.75

Place it in ms0:/PSP/GAME/ or if using PSP Go place it in ef0:/PSP/GAME/

Run the program on your PSP® .

You should be presented with a screen like this:

Take note of your motherboard type, it will come in handy.
Section II - Motherboard specific instructions.

PSP 100X

OFW Downgrading
You will need a HEN or CFW installed already for this tutorial, if you do not Click Here to download the 6XX LME HEN Pack.
After the download is completed extract contents of the RAR Archive to the root of your Memory Stick.
When the files are done extracting go to your Games menu on your PSP and run the LME Version compatible with your console's firmware.
=========================================================
1. Place the PSP 100X Version.txt in ms0:/SEPLUGINS/
2. Turn your console off.
3. Hold the "R Trigger" or open the VSH menu and select "Enter Recovery" to enter the recovery menu.
4.Go to Configuration > Use Version.txt -> Set as "Enabled"
5. Download a supported OFW for your motherboard.
6. Place the update folder in ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE
7. Run update as you always would.
8. Start the Update process.
9. After update is complete your PSP should reboot and be on an older official firmware.

CFW Downgrading
1. Place Hellcat's Recovery Flasher in ms0:/PSP/GAME/
2. Launch the App.
3. If a popup is shown on the screen, read carefully and click "I AGREE, now take me to the program!" if that's what you wish to do.
4. When you have "Target FW:" selected press the "X" button to select the CFW you wish to install.
5. Afterwards, scroll down and select "Install CFW (of version selected above)"
6. Next, you will be given the option to reset settings. (I recommend resetting them)
7. Confirm the installation.
8. Wait for installation to finish.
9. Press any button to Shutdown.
10. Turn on PSP.

PSP 200X

OFW Downgrading
You will need a HEN or CFW installed already for this tutorial, if you do not Click Here to download the 6XX LME HEN Pack.
After the download is completed extract contents of the RAR Archive to the root of your Memory Stick.
When the files are done extracting go to your Games menu on your PSP and run the LME Version compatible with your console's firmware.
1. Place the PSP 200X Version.txt in ms0:/SEPLUGINS/
3. Hold the "R Trigger" or open the VSH menu and select "Enter Recovery" to enter the recovery menu.
9. After update is complete your PSP should reboot and be on an older official firmware.

CFW Downgrading
Only for non TA-088-v3 PSP 200X Motherboards
Note: The following process assumes you already have a CFW or HEN AT THE TIME OF READING.
1. Place Hellcat's Recovery Flasher in ms0:/PSP/GAME/
2. Launch the App.
3. If a popup is shown on the screen, read carefully and click "I AGREE, now take me to the program!" if that's what you wish to do.
4. When you have "Target FW:" selected press the "X" button to select the CFW you wish to install.
5. Afterwards, scroll down and select "Install CFW (of version selected above)"
6. Next, you will be given the option to reset settings. (I recommend resetting them)
7. Confirm the installation.
8. Wait for installation to finish.
9. Press any button to Shutdown.
10. Turn on PSP.

PSP 300X

OFW Downgrading
1. Place the PSP 300X Version.txt in ms0:/SEPLUGINS/

Section III - Alternate OFW Downgrade Method (Chronoswitch)

1. Download Chronositch Downgrader Here
2. If you're running OFW 6.61 extract the files in the 6.61 folder to the root of your Memory Stick, if your running 6.20/6.35/6.39/6.60 extract the contents of the 6.20 - 6.35 - 6.39 - 6.60 folder to the root of your Memory Stick.
3. Download a OFW Update compatible with your Motherboard version and place it in ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ or ef0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ (If using PSP Go)
4. Run the Chronoswitch Downgrader and follow the on-screen instructions.
5. The SCE Updater should then be launched, wait for the Update process to finish "Press X" and your console should reboot and be successfully downgraded.

Section IV - Download Links and other important resources.
Version.txt files
1.00 Version.txt for PSP 100X:

release:1.00:
build:5023,0,3,1,0:
builder@vsh-build6
system:57374@release_100,0x01000300:
vsh:p6610@release_100,v58299@release_100,20041212:
target:1:WorldWide

3.71 Version.txt for PSP 200X:

release:3.71:
build:5023,0,3,1,0:
builder@vsh-build6
system:57374@release_371,0x03070110:
vsh:p6610@release_371,v58299@release_371,20070913:target:1:WorldWide

5.02 Version.txt for PSP 300X:

release:5.02:
build:5023,0,3,1,0:builder@vsh-build6
system:57374@release_502,0x05000210:
vsh:p6610@release_502,v58299@release_502,20081120:target:1:WorldWide
Downloads:
Hellcat's Recovery Flasher - ONLY USABLE FOR PSP 100X + 200X (ALL PSP 200X EXCEPT TA088-v3 PSP CONSOLES.)
https://mega.co.nz/#!6QIhiCYR!1bXsPJb3a ... EP37uZ1GU4

PSPIdent 0.75 - http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/1286

Note: None of this software was created by me, nor were the pictures displayed in this thread (other than the PSPIdent screenshot but I highly doubt anyone cares about me editing a screenshot with MS Paint :mrgreen:).

Disclaimer: If anything happens to your PSP by following this tutorial it is not my fault, all downgrades have the possibility of leading to a brick.

If any information is deemed incorrect please inform me and I shall update the thread.
Advertising
Last edited by King Clyde on Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:20 am, edited 6 times in total.
King Clyde

Re: How to: PSP® CFW and OFW Downgrading

Post by King Clyde »

I updated some of the pictures that were too small or weren't formatted correctly; just in case that was causing issues for anyone.
Advertising
King Clyde

Post by King Clyde »

I just updated the thread with additional information and fixed some of the formatting.
jack52032

Post by jack52032 »

Can just use Chronoswitch to Downgrade viewtopic.php?f=21&t=41227&hilit=Chronoswitch+6.1 or just use a 6.60 6.61 cfw
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

I would neither use Hellcats recovery flasher nor the version.txt downgrade method for any kind of 6.xx CFWs.

Just use the Chronoswitch downgrader, it is far superior & more safe. It also works on ALL PSPs (dependings on the base & target FW, of course).
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
King Clyde

Post by King Clyde »

The Z wrote:I would neither use Hellcats recovery flasher nor the version.txt downgrade method for any kind of 6.xx CFWs.

Just use the Chronoswitch downgrader, it is far superior & more safe. It also works on ALL PSPs (dependings on the base & target FW, of course).
Hellcats Recovery Flasher works perfectly on every FW in my experiences, I had to use it a number of times to downgrade to 5.00 M33 to find a FW with more plugin compatibility.

I've never used chronoswitch downgrader, but I'll use it t downgrade to 5.50 or something and write a tut on it and add it to the OP.
King Clyde

Post by King Clyde »

Updated the thread with instructions for Chronoswitch Downgrader.
Yoti
VIP

Post by Yoti »

There is no separate version.txt for different PSPs. Also, where did you lost PSPgo?
IF SOMEONE HAS AN 07G PSP-3000 PLZ CONTACT ME VIA PM.

Do not forget about adb kill-server. Really.
King Clyde

Post by King Clyde »

Yoti wrote:There is no separate version.txt for different PSPs. Also, where did you lost PSPgo?
The difference between each version.txt is the firmware version, I supplied version.txt files that would prevent ridiculous downgrades (such as a PSP 3000 to version 1.50) I'm just doing my part in preventing accidental bricks.

As for no information in regards to downgrading PSP Go, I just haven't mentioned them because I have never used one before and don't want to give any incorrect information; so I just stuck with the main consoles.

Edit: I added PSP Go and just said to use the Chronoswitch method as its safer and coded to work with such consoles.
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

If a firmware updater does not contain the PSPs modules, it wont be installed.

Therefore a 3.50 FW Updater wont install on a PSP 2000, regardless if you enforce the updater to start (due to downgraders, or something).
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞

Return to “Downgrading”