Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Release] [Beta] uOFW Custom Module Installer w/ Source

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
Joel16

Re: [Release] [Beta] uOFW Custom Module Installer w/ Source

Post by Joel16 »

I've got some good news . Me and Omega2058 managed to get 3 new modules compiled successfully. It's just a matter of testing and bug fixing for them now. These modules were reversed mostly by Omega2058, but were abandoned for the time being. I managed to fill in the missing gaps, and fix and improve the code for compilation. The modules are:

http_storage.prx
np_inst.prx
np_core.prx

We (Omega2058 and I) are currently working on rtc.prx (one of the important modules), and I must say its going quite well. You can expect the source to be released soon.
Also, It would be nice to get more developers interested in this. Not only does this project help with the PSP's development, but from what I know, it can help with emulators such as PPSSPP as well. Please do spread the word, and get in touch with us. You can contact us via IRC on the FreeNode server (irc.freenode.net) - channel #uofw
Advertising
"Forever in darkness, a guardian devil."
Omega2058
Developer

Post by Omega2058 »

Thanks for adding the announcement and trying to gain more interest Joel. I'll also add on to that and say there are 4 functions in the PSP/PSP2 SDK which is currently missing a 4th argument. sceRtcTickAddMicroseconds, sceRtcTickAddTicks, sceRtcTickAddMinutes and sceRtcTickAddSeconds are the functions. The flow of the functions can be seen at the source link below (still currently a (broken) WIP) at lines 780, 758, 798 and 789.

Originally I was going to wait before posting the source until it was 100% done, but there's no real point in waiting anyway.

https://github.com/uofw/uofw/blob/rtc/src/rtc/rtc.c
Advertising
reprep

Post by reprep »

reprep wrote:
Omega2058 wrote:I sent you the link via PM.
thanks. I can confirm this ctrl.prx works perfectly fine on my PSP GO with uOFW. It seems my compiling environment is the culprit.
I gave it another try with my Dualshock 3 today. None of the buttons of DS 3 work when this new ctrl.prx is active.
OldGnashburg
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada: A place with free healthcare, and f*ck-load of Oil and Uranium.

Post by OldGnashburg »

I apologize for being oblivious, but I have a few questions. I don't know much about this project other than 1) Its main goal is to reverse the PSP's Official Firmware v.6.60. 2) It seems to be a extremely complex undertaking. 3) Once completed, this project would be a very helpful in the PSP hacking scene.

All that aside, what can be accomplished with this? The name of the project is uOFW (unofficial Official Firmware) so does that mean we can do more than just run signed Homebrew on OFW? Would we be able to play multi-player on PSOne Classics/POPSLoader, Could we actually mess with XMB options and applications, such as adding built in YouTube Suppprt for the PSP's Browser, or add a dump option when you look at UMD options (by pressing the Triangle button on UMD icon)? Could we add a twitter app to the internet area of the XMB? What exactly will this project make possible?
Gnash, Gnash, Gnash...
Omega2058
Developer

Post by Omega2058 »

Ignore the statement about the SDK issue above. It's irrelevant.
reprep wrote:I gave it another try with my Dualshock 3 today. None of the buttons of DS 3 work when this new ctrl.prx is active.
Thanks for reporting back.

OldGnashburg wrote:I apologize for being oblivious, but I have a few questions. I don't know much about this project other than 1) Its main goal is to reverse the PSP's Official Firmware v.6.60. 2) It seems to be a extremely complex undertaking. 3) Once completed, this project would be a very helpful in the PSP hacking scene.

All that aside, what can be accomplished with this? The name of the project is uOFW (unofficial Official Firmware) so does that mean we can do more than just run signed Homebrew on OFW? Would we be able to play multi-player on PSOne Classics/POPSLoader, Could we actually mess with XMB options and applications, such as adding built in YouTube Suppprt for the PSP's Browser, or add a dump option when you look at UMD options (by pressing the Triangle button on UMD icon)? Could we add a twitter app to the internet area of the XMB? What exactly will this project make possible?
The goal of the project is to reverse the PSP kernel and provide an open source vanilla firmware. With the firmware reversed, this project would allow individuals to make their own modifications to the entire functionality of the PSP to make it perform actions which it was never intended to do if they wish to do so.

Basically, if you want to additional features, you'd have to implement them yourself. Or hope someone with free time comes around to implement whatever it is you'd want. Pretty much almost anything would be possible (including some (not all) of the things you mentioned above).

Edit: Spelling.
OldGnashburg
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada: A place with free healthcare, and f*ck-load of Oil and Uranium.

Post by OldGnashburg »

@Omega
Thanks for explaining this project. I knew that once completed, this project would allow us to further the extent in which we could utilize the PSP. But I had no idea it would practically eliminate all the limitations that still remain. This must be a vast undertaking. How far along are you with this project?
Gnash, Gnash, Gnash...
Omega2058
Developer

Post by Omega2058 »

Of course. The completion of the project is still a long ways off and there are others working on this as well (on and off). Over a year ago, I worked on psheet.prx, http_storage.prx, np_inst.prx, np_core.prx. This was when I was still pretty new, so I need to revise/fix them before they'll be complete and look legible. I'm currently working on rtc.prx in between work and free time. Also I dabbled a bit with the bluetooth module (back and forth) over the past year.

For now I'm going to tackle things one at a time. rtc.prx will be finished then the older modules mentioned above will be worked on. I did mention getting to POP's at some point, but I'm not entirely sure when I'm going to do that. After everything's said and done it's pretty huge and it would take a good deal of time.

Return to “Homebrews”