Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS Vita index.dat decryption keys posted

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
twisted

PS Vita index.dat decryption keys posted

Post by twisted »

I couldn't find a thread on this but if its already been posted please delete.

The PS Vita decryption keys were posted on the dev wiki yesterday

http://www.vitadevwiki.com/index.php?ti ... x.dat_Keys
Advertising
Ryugi

Re: PS Vita decryption keys posted

Post by Ryugi »

is the only one. in this moment i will want to create one ahaha... we have to wait and see the scene of the native hack now... i saw it this morning early on hackinformer.
i hope something big more than the psm hack of yifan...my psvita is in the drawer... i want to do something with it :(
Advertising
Kankertje

Post by Kankertje »

The PSP2IndexKey180 worked for 3.18 index.dat file

Code: Select all

release: 0x03180011
build: CEX
security-repository-path: release_branches/release_03.180
security-revision: 6593
sys-repository-path: release_branches/release_03.180
sys-revision: 90996
sdk-internal-build-number: 106092
vsh-repository-path: release_branches/release_03.180
vsh-revision: 136855
vsh-build-number: 714495
shinrukuszero

Post by shinrukuszero »

Forgive me for the stupid question, but why is this important for the developmentally challenged? (That means 2 things :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
samsara

Post by samsara »

For the end user, nothing has changed. Developers can now study the system files, looking for vulnerabilities.
x86

Post by x86 »

shinrukuszero wrote:Forgive me for the stupid question, but why is this important for the developmentally challenged? (That means 2 things :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
You can decrypt system files with the keys. Essentially, you have human readable access to the system files.

I am not too sure if Sony uses a public/private key, so I am not too sure if encrypt the system files.

On a side note, who posted these keys originally? x
shinrukuszero

Post by shinrukuszero »

What I am most curious about, is if this could lead to potentially opening up USB Storage access via the Vita main USB that allows FS access to the Vita Memory Card... I kinda feel that a lot of people wouldn't need a big cfw or hack if they could just copy their music and movies, as well as saves to the vita without the hassle of (O/Q)CMA. We may also see things that Sony actually put in the Vita that are disabled by FW, but would've been cool (like the millions of things they disabled in PS3...)
Kyouma

Post by Kyouma »

Well this is good news. Whoever can find something interesting first get an e-beer from me.
Proxima
Guru

Post by Proxima »

Yes, the labeling is a little unclear. The 1.80+ key will work on index.dat files on all firmware versions above 1.80. The other key will work on 1.691 and earlier.

Also, the first 0x20 bytes are the SHA256 hash of the plain text.

This is ONLY for index.dat files. Nothing else.
Hykem
Guru

Post by Hykem »

This information was shared by Proxima yesterday on #vitadev. Since he couldn't log on to the vitadevwiki, I've added the keys for him.
I've named them according to the standard PSP naming convention seen in JPCSP or PPSSPP, but in these keys' case the naming is quite misleading.

PSP2IndexKey and PSP2IndexIV are the original ones seen on the firmware versions that Proxima mentioned and PSP2IndexKey180 is the key introduced on firmware 1.80 and it's also the one in use up to the latest firmware version (3.51).

This decryption is also likely to take place when doing the secret combo on the settings application.

Return to “Programming and Security”