Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Release] [Beta] uOFW Custom Module Installer w/ Source

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
Omega2058
Developer

Re: [Release] [Beta] uOFW Custom Module Installer w/ Source

Post by Omega2058 »

Darth Agnon wrote:Is the uOFW Custom Module Installer an project aimed at creating perma-hacks for all PSP models?

Darth Agnon
Yes, it works for any model. However, right now it's only temporary in case anything might not work properly when installing custom modules.

Allowing for permanent installation is an ideal goal that I'm looking forward to in the future though. As things stand that's still ways off.

Edit: spelling.
Advertising
saiyan x

Post by saiyan x »

Omega2058 wrote:
Darth Agnon wrote:Is the uOFW Custom Module Installer an project aimed at creating perma-hacks for all PSP models?

Darth Agnon
Yes, it works for any model. However, right now it's only temporary in case anything might not work properly when installing custom modules.

Allowing for permanent installation is an ideal goal that I'm looking forward to in the future though. As things stand that's still ways off.

So how is it going so far? Also if in terms of percentage how much RE can you say has been by now?
Advertising
Omega2058
Developer

Post by Omega2058 »

saiyan x wrote:
Omega2058 wrote:

Darth Agnon

So how is it going so far? Also if in terms of percentage how much RE can you say has been by now?
So far progress has come to a halt as there's loss of interest at the moment. I'd say around 55% has been finished so far.
reprep

Post by reprep »

I compiled ctrl.prx from the source, i am using the original uofw installer. After i enable the ctrl.prx, psx hangs and shuts off a few seconds after. All i get is black screen.

EDIT: the included led.prx works, i have no idea why ctrl.prx i compiled myself doesn't work.
Omega2058
Developer

Post by Omega2058 »

reprep wrote:I compiled ctrl.prx from the source, i am using the original uofw installer. After i enable the ctrl.prx, psx hangs and shuts off a few seconds after. All i get is black screen.

EDIT: the included led.prx works, i have no idea why ctrl.prx i compiled myself doesn't work.
That's pretty odd since it was reported as working, but I'll look into it and try some testing on my end as well. What's your current PSP model?
reprep

Post by reprep »

Psp go
Omega2058
Developer

Post by Omega2058 »

reprep wrote:Psp go
The problem still persists on my end as well. I'll be working on debugging it in the coming days after my exams since this isn't the intended behavior.
Felix-Dev
Developer

Post by Felix-Dev »

reprep wrote:I compiled ctrl.prx from the source, i am using the original uofw installer. After i enable the ctrl.prx, psx hangs and shuts off a few seconds after. All i get is black screen.

Hey reprep
The error is indeed on our site as the ctrl code being executed when starting POPS is erroneous. I'm currently working on revising the code and fixing the mistakes I'm aware of. Once I fixed them, I'll upload the new code to our Github repository and write a reply here in this thread.
I don't own a PSP-Go or a PSX-game, thus I cannot test the new code for its correctness; that will be a part where I'll need your feedback, reprep.
Joel16

Post by Joel16 »

Nice to still see you around on wololo felix :)
I think me and omega are gonna do a collab and work on some modules together during the summer. I just need to get my exams done, and I'll get straight to it. Hope we get more support here.
PS. We both own a PSP Go, and I have two. So in case there's any testing to do, do let me know. Just after June 12 though lol (after exams).
"Forever in darkness, a guardian devil."
Omega2058
Developer

Post by Omega2058 »

sauske_firekid wrote:Nice to still see you around on wololo felix :)
I think me and omega are gonna do a collab and work on some modules together during the summer. I just need to get my exams done, and I'll get straight to it. Hope we get more support here.
PS. We both own a PSP Go, and I have two. So in case there's any testing to do, do let me know. Just after June 12 though lol (after exams).
This sounds like a plan to me, just get in touch whenever you're free. Aside from the bundle of modules that I've handed you, I've also worked on 2 more modules which are going smoothly. But before finishing them, the ctrl.prx issue takes top priority. :)

Edit: Spelling.

Return to “Homebrews”