Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Soul Saga Beta Giveway! - CLOSED-

Discuss about your favorite (gaming...or not) devices here. The most popular ones will end up getting their own categories
Discuss (Official) Games for your favorite platforms
Disastercake

Re: Soul Saga Beta Giveway!

Post by Disastercake »

Hey everyone! Mike Gale (Disastercake), creator of Soul Saga here. Thank you so much for your kind words! It motivates me and the rest of the team every time we read that you're just as excited to see Soul Saga get done as we are. We couldn't be making such a large game on such a tight budget without your support, so I sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart.
HarmfulMushroom wrote: And even though this game is still in beta stages it looks pretty solid. From the searching I've done it appears this game has been in development for quite some time even prior to its kickstarter debut, any ETA on an open beta yet?
Thank you so much for the kind words! To answer your question, there actually will not be an open beta. The beta is for those that pledged high enough during the kickstarter, or purchased access through the Soul Saga Bundle Pre-Order, or specifically purchased the beta stand-alone. You can find more information regarding that here:
http://www.soulsaga.com/beta

I will be around the forum for the duration of Minimur's giveaway, but then it's back to hardcore development times for me! Please let me know if you have any questions while I'm around! =D

Sincerely,
Mike (Disastercake)
Advertising
joshbarnettlloyd

Post by joshbarnettlloyd »

Ok so I would love to play this game a variety of reasons. One it is a straight up classic jrpg which is rare anymore. I love jrpg games I have played then since Nintendo was around with the first dragon warrior and final fantasy.
Another reason is that the story seems fantastic set in a world divided into three parts. In this first game the floating islands are losing power to stay a float. I would love to see what happens through out the game.
I also know this was made with unity and would love to see how the unity engine fairs on the vita. Thank you and I hope I have been convincing enough. :D
Advertising
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

Disastercake wrote:Hey everyone! Mike Gale (Disastercake), creator of Soul Saga here. Thank you so much for your kind words! It motivates me and the rest of the team every time we read that you're just as excited to see Soul Saga get done as we are. We couldn't be making such a large game on such a tight budget without your support, so I sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart.
HarmfulMushroom wrote: And even though this game is still in beta stages it looks pretty solid. From the searching I've done it appears this game has been in development for quite some time even prior to its kickstarter debut, any ETA on an open beta yet?
Thank you so much for the kind words! To answer your question, there actually will not be an open beta. The beta is for those that pledged high enough during the kickstarter, or purchased access through the Soul Saga Bundle Pre-Order, or specifically purchased the beta stand-alone. You can find more information regarding that here:
http://www.soulsaga.com/beta

I will be around the forum for the duration of Minimur's giveaway, but then it's back to hardcore development times for me! Please let me know if you have any questions while I'm around! =D

Sincerely,
Mike (Disastercake)
Well apparently I didn't google anywhere near well enough haha, thanks for the reply! I actually do like how there isn't going to be an open beta since there's a spot to buy a beta pass. I'll definitely buy one on your site if I'm not a winner.
FEGuy

Post by FEGuy »

I'd like a beta key because frankly beta testing is the only way I can contribute to the game; all of my money these days goes towards rent, bills, and tuition payments, next to nothing left for games save for indie bundles and occasional PS3 game shares. If I'm part of the beta, I can at least help catch small grammar or spelling errors before the final release.

As for the game itself, it looks great; aesthetically it reminds me somewhat of Ys and Golden Sun, and the battle system seems to be classic turn-based goodness. Most of what I've been playing as far as RPGs go recently are Android ports of classic D&D-style games like Icewind Dale EE and KotOR; fun as they are, they're nowhere near as visually pleasing.
volt1up

Post by volt1up »

Really cool
rockn1

Post by rockn1 »

I would like to try the beta I have multiple game systems steam vita and ps3 so I hope I can give great feed back on different versions of game thank you for your time
memeoverlord

Post by memeoverlord »

I want this game because I love memes. Also it looks hella cute/fun.
Kengetsu

Post by Kengetsu »

I really love JRPG's and I remember seeing the Kickstarter page a good while back. The games artistic style and unique elements make the game appear to provide a really enjoyable playing experience.
Xana

Post by Xana »

I want one because I'm a non-beta backer who'd love to get his hands on the beta version :) I was particularly interested in the airship system mentioned in the stretch goals; Skies of Arcadia is a favorite of mine.
dgf

Post by dgf »

I knew about Soul Saga since they had those chibi characters, but all of those game play elements (monster battling and airship battles excited me the most) are the things that got me hooked. The icing on the cake for me is the character redesigns that came later.

Unfortunately, I was broke when the kickstarter was going on at the time and couldn't contribute. I guess my reason I want a free beta code is the same as any other RPG fan, it's looks like a really fun RPG to play.
Even if I don't win, I'll probably still buy it after I get Mighty No. 9 :mrgreen:

Return to “Games”