Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Signing EBOOT.BIN

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
binebina

Re: Signing EBOOT.BIN

Post by binebina »

When I try this with Hatsune Miku Project Diva 2nd I get this error when I want to save:

Error! Next available LBA Position is 2245 but LBA [....\Param.SFO] position is 2244.

JPCSP only shows a white screen when I start the ISO

Any suggestions?
Advertising
digileandro

Post by digileandro »

xfullmetal17 wrote:Missed step 0, which turned out to be the most important... Turns out when exporting the .iso from where I had it originally it was adding a bunch of 'garbage' files to it as well which caused the size to balloon so much.
digileandro wrote:In my yu-gi-oh tag force 6 iso, in the PSP_GAME/SYSDIR/ there is an eboot-copied.bin file (1,8 mb) and an eboot.bin (only 12 kbts, I think this is a too small size for a eboot.bin file :| ) Which one do I have to sign?
It *should* be EBOOT.BIN. Worst that happens is you have to redo it with the other one. (note that UMDGen shouldn't touch the original .iso file, that's why you export a new one in the last step.) I agree though, that does seem a bit small (the EBOOT.BIN file in Type-0 was 4.9MB for me).

edit: also learned that the custom image you use when launching one of these bubbles has to be 480x272, matching the PSP's screen size.
I signed both and it not worked. :cry: But FF type 0 worked now :)
Here are the files the is inside the SYSDIR of the yu-gi-oh iso:

FILE SIZE

OPNSSMP.BIN 880
EBOOT.OLB 1872377
EBOOT.BIN 11394
prometheus.prx 4738
BOOT.BIN 1854845
EBOOT - Copie.bin 1873277

The iso works fine with ppsspp emulator. :|
Advertising
samsara

Post by samsara »

Some ISO's won't work even when signing both files. In that case try another basegame for that game. The compatibility varies for each game @_@.

@binebina have you remembered to do step 3) and 11)?

@digileandro Get a clean ISO, not one that is tampered with by the Prometheus ISO Loader. Also try a different basegame.

Remember, a different basegame is the better option in most cases.
xfullmetal17

Post by xfullmetal17 »

binebina wrote:When I try this with Hatsune Miku Project Diva 2nd I get this error when I want to save:

Error! Next available LBA Position is 2245 but LBA [....\Param.SFO] position is 2244.

JPCSP only shows a white screen when I start the ISO

Any suggestions?
Check the file sizes on each of your EBOOT.BIN files. Are they both the same size, or is one larger than the other? (even 1KB can make a difference)
(fixed the file name, it's the .bin file)
Last edited by xfullmetal17 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always follow *all* steps of the friendly tutorial. They aren't there just as 'guidelines.'
digileandro

Post by digileandro »

samsara wrote:Some ISO's won't work even when signing both files. In that case try another basegame for that game. The compatibility varies for each game @_@.

@binebina have you remembered to do step 3) and 11)?

@digileandro Get a clean ISO, not one that is tampered with by the Prometheus ISO Loader. Also try a different basegame.

Remember, a different basegame is the better option in most cases.
Thanks for telling me what was the problem. :)
I've successful removed the prometheus thing from my iso doing this:

1) Run UMDGen
2) Go to File -> Open, and select the game which you want to remove the patch from
3) From the Explorer tab, expand the PSP_GAME folder and navigate to SYSDIR folder
4) Now there should be several files in this folder, where only two of them should be removed, which are prometheus.prx and EBOOT.BIN
5) After you have removed the two file(either by pressing Delete button on your keyboard or right click -> Delete), take note of the EBOOT.OLD
6) Rename it(right clicking) by changing the extension only, e.g EBOOT.OLD -> EBOOT.BIN
7) When you have done that, press the SAVE button at the top and choose Uncompressed(*.iso)

And after I signed the true EBOOT.BIN, it workd perfectly. :lol:
edukarlo

Post by edukarlo »

i did this for a 800MB+ ISO, but after replacing it with the signed EBOOT.BIN, the uncompressed ISO became 400+ MB..

is this OK? or something might be wrong? it just stays on a black screen..

UPDATE:
figured out the problem, it was an "untouched ISO".. when i used a different ISO, resigning eboot.bin was succesful and no change in file size.. but now, it returns to the live area, but no error notification..
Last edited by edukarlo on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSVita 1001 FW 3.18
Talkman Travel Tokyo TN-V10
Tekken 2 TN-X
---
Vita Accessory Port as USB OTG & A/V Output?
More info for PSVita Style CTF Theme V1.2x
Using Touch Screen Controls on TN-V?!?!?
xfullmetal17

Post by xfullmetal17 »

Something's up with that, the "new" iso should be the same size as the old one. I'd say try a different basegame with the vanilla iso.
Always follow *all* steps of the friendly tutorial. They aren't there just as 'guidelines.'
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

Sounds to me like I'm the only one ripping actual purchased games lol...
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
samsara

Post by samsara »

dmaskell92 wrote:Sounds to me like I'm the only one ripping actual purchased games lol...
Well, you are not the only one, that I assure you :P
Kokumotsu

Post by Kokumotsu »

can someone help me out, i manage to get TYPE-0 working with this but now i cant get any of my rips to work
everytime i go to sign the EBOOT.Bin i get ERROR:Invalid ELF file for EBOOT resigning!
me no bueno

i see that someone else has the same issue but i didnt see that it was fixed

Return to “Tutorials”