Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Finally... some Christmas cheer!

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
spewfr

Re: Finally... some Christmas cheer!

Post by spewfr »

The Z wrote:
spewfr wrote:Warning, cheap f*** question; can I just find the PKG of the game and use its EBOOT, or will the licensing not align properly?
For fake_np/sign_np? Yea, just grab the PKG, extract the EBOOT.PBP and you should get the same results as copying the EBOOT.PBP from your Vita to your PC.

You still need to download it from PSN / restore from a previous PC backup for a bubble to appear. Dropping a legit EBOOT.PBP into /PSP/GAME/.../ is not enough for a bubble to pop up.
Ah, well seems I'll be buying one of the games you described. Did you have to decrypt the official ISO's EBOOT.BIN and re-sign it with the 2 flag for each game?
And where do I get a PSP Filer ISO... I tried making one with NPDPC, didn't work so well.
I thought it was called the LiveArea O.o is that on the PS4? lol
Advertising
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

Technically Live Area is the advertisement space around the "start button" of the games themselves.

Pretty much the screen after pressing the bubble but before starting it. A common misconception ^^

I was able to sign_np sign K-ON & Worms without touching the ISO. Their EBOOT.BIN was encrypted, I did not had to do this myself.
Advertising
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
spewfr

Post by spewfr »

The Z wrote:I was able to sign_np sign K-ON & Worms without touching the ISO. Their EBOOT.BIN was encrypted, I did not had to do this myself.
I'll try Worms with the same base as before; maybe it was a bad ISO to convert.
Also, every time I restore the database, my Bubble icon isn't changing, but if I open the PBP with Unpacker, it shows the new icon. What's going on here :?:
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

You need to use a PBOOT.PBP to spoof the name/Icon of the bubble.

The PBOOT.PBP has to be put into the &folder, not into the folder of the signed eboot.
spewfr

Post by spewfr »

The Z wrote:You need to use a PBOOT.PBP to spoof the name/Icon of the bubble. The PBOOT.PBP has to be put into the &folder, not into the folder of the signed eboot.
Ah, so THIS is the reason for renaming the folder with the ampersand! One more question? :3
Why don't we just overwrite the EBOOT.PBP in the original game folder, instead of renaming the folder and putting an ampersand after it...?
Oh and Worms just worked like a CHARM on sign_np using Petz Saddle Club Demo. :D I'm very confused. :oops: Maybe this only works with some games?
I'll try to sign_np Petz Saddle as base with Test Drive Unlimited as my ISO to sign.
Oh and you are the best help ever, Z <3
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

We cant just replace the original game, since the vita checks the hashes of the eboot.pbp and refuses to accept it if they dont match.

We use the &folder trick to fool the vita into thinking the game is legit (&folder eboot.pbp) while it then launches our signed game (non-&-folder eboot.pbp).
spewfr

Post by spewfr »

That is... wonderful. You guys really have outdone yourselves. Congratulations to all you've done for this scene :)
Edit: I got TDU and Worms to work. Dunno about other games. Pilot Academy and other games did not work.
Hykem
Guru

Post by Hykem »

Had to push v1.0.4 since I missed a very important change in the last commit. The new EBOOT.BIN tags couldn't be selected since sign_np was still restricting them to only 11 tags.
Belmondo wrote: Cool thanks Hykem :).. I got lost replacing the kirk engine from fake_np with your libkirk.. it did something weird with sceDrmBBC and started failing on the NP Header MAC when running fake_np.

I meant use the full base like fake_np.. not just modifying/ecdsa NPUMDIMG header :)

I also noticed some games have different flags.. Gungnir and Space Invaders Extreme have NPUMDIMG flag 03 instead of 02 resigning these with version key just returns error when launching under TNV.
Ah yes, those games are for PSP right? PSP games normally use the 03 flag instead of the 02.

On a side note, if you have a blacklisted game installed, that won't work as base. The Vita will refuse to load anything that has it's content ID or version key.
Also, it's quite possible that some games can't be used properly as "base" due to the OPNSSMP module.
To test this, grab the base game's EBOOT.PBP and open it up in an hex editor. Search for a "PGD" string which will be the encrypted OPNSSMP module.
You can now copy the full PGD image (starts with the PGD magic and finishes right before some NULL padding) to a new binary file and decrypt it with pgdecrypt by tpunix.
It should give you a "~PSP" module that you can now include in your new image.
To do this just call sign_np as:

Code: Select all

sign_np -pbp NP.ISO EBOOT.PBP [CONTENT ID] [VERSION KEY] OPNSSMP.BIN
The module will be re-encrypted with the new version key and will be loaded by the pspemu.

Also, you can include your own custom boot screen by doing something similar:

sign_np -pbp NP.ISO EBOOT.PBP [CONTENT ID] [VERSION KEY] STARTDAT.PNG
Or even include both OPNSSMP and boot screen files at once:

sign_np -pbp NP.ISO EBOOT.PBP [CONTENT ID] [VERSION KEY] OPNSSMP.BIN  STARTDAT.PNG
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

Hykem wrote:[spoiler]Had to push v1.0.4 since I missed a very important change in the last commit. The new EBOOT.BIN tags couldn't be selected since sign_np was still restricting them to only 11 tags.
Belmondo wrote: Cool thanks Hykem :).. I got lost replacing the kirk engine from fake_np with your libkirk.. it did something weird with sceDrmBBC and started failing on the NP Header MAC when running fake_np.

I meant use the full base like fake_np.. not just modifying/ecdsa NPUMDIMG header :)

I also noticed some games have different flags.. Gungnir and Space Invaders Extreme have NPUMDIMG flag 03 instead of 02 resigning these with version key just returns error when launching under TNV.
Ah yes, those games are for PSP right? PSP games normally use the 03 flag instead of the 02.

On a side note, if you have a blacklisted game installed, that won't work as base. The Vita will refuse to load anything that has it's content ID or version key.
Also, it's quite possible that some games can't be used properly as "base" due to the OPNSSMP module.
To test this, grab the base game's EBOOT.PBP and open it up in an hex editor. Search for a "PGD" string which will be the encrypted OPNSSMP module.
You can now copy the full PGD image (starts with the PGD magic and finishes right before some NULL padding) to a new binary file and decrypt it with pgdecrypt by tpunix.
It should give you a "~PSP" module that you can now include in your new image.
To do this just call sign_np as:

sign_np -pbp NP.ISO EBOOT.PBP [CONTENT ID] [VERSION KEY] OPNSSMP.BIN
The module will be re-encrypted with the new version key and will be loaded by the pspemu.

Also, you can include your own custom boot screen by doing something similar:

sign_np -pbp NP.ISO EBOOT.PBP [CONTENT ID] [VERSION KEY] STARTDAT.PNG
Or even include both OPNSSMP and boot screen files at once:

sign_np -pbp NP.ISO EBOOT.PBP [CONTENT ID] [VERSION KEY] OPNSSMP.BIN  STARTDAT.PNG
[/spoiler]
I have a question Hykem. Would it be possible to include the version key as "version_key.bin" instead of its HEX value, like it is possible with the OPNSSMP.BIN (I assume)?

That would make things a lot easier.

Custom boot screen = Health warning screen / minis screen / et cetera? What size would that PNG be? 480x272?
Belmondo

Post by Belmondo »

Hykem wrote: Ah yes, those games are for PSP right? PSP games normally use the 03 flag instead of the 02.
they are psp games but run on the vita.

Return to “Programming and Security”