Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How does Sony converting PS 2 games ?

Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
ali_ihsan21

How does Sony converting PS 2 games ?

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

First of all I want to mention that I'm not looking forward for a PS1 likely software to convert PS2 games or an emulator to play these games on PSP but there are very cool and resource demanding PS2 games such as Gladiator Begins, Warriors or Obscure.

How do they make these games run on PSP system ? Do they rewrite all the codes or just drop resolution and crop the game with some software ?

It's always said that PS2 is far more powerful than PSP alright it's powerful but what's the importance of power if PSP can play them if they're ported ? We don't need that power to play them in a tiny screen, isn't it ?

I agree to the fact that watching a movie on a mobile phone and a huge panel or in a cinema don't give the same taste but after all it's the same movie and portability is a great advantage.
Advertising
Last edited by ali_ihsan21 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow
Reimu

Re: How do Sony converting PS 2 games ?

Post by Reimu »

No, it's of course not possible you can find the algorithm which Sony use to create PS2 Classics here http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=53444
Advertising
PS Vita 1k EU - 3.51 VHBL + custom Bubble
PS Vita 1k JP - 3.01 TN-V10 + PSOne Loader + custom Bubble
PS3 - 4.70 Rebug REX + webMAN
Nintendo 3DS XL NENE DX JP - 9.2.0-20J <-> 4.2

Return to “Programming and Security”