Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

New PS Vita & I'm clueless what to do

moaja

New PS Vita & I'm clueless what to do

Post by moaja »

Hi Guys,

I literally just got my PS Vita slim today and I'm not the sharpest person in hacking and jailbreaking if I'm even using the correct term but i do need help.

Current version is on 3.18 and i see people saying it's better to have 3.15 but what can i do :(, i also have a PS3 because i've been reading up and you can transfer stuff.

i haven't signed into my playstation account yet lool just incase that somehow effects the process.

If someone could help me i'd honestly be forever grateful.

Moaja :)
Advertising
ss4gogeta069

Re: New PS Vita & I'm clueless what to do

Post by ss4gogeta069 »

Ok, here is what I would do. Restore the Vita, then during setup connect to wifi and sign in to your PSN account with ur username and password. DO NOT UPDATE. Make sure you download OpenCMA and install the correct version of CMA and OpenCMA on your computer. Buy an exploit game on your PS3, if ur in the US I suggest Talkman Travel Tokyo. Then use the openCMA trick to connect to your PS3 and transfer your game to the Vita. Download the save file for the game you bought and the 6.60 firmware file for PSP. Rename the firmware file to 660.pbp and put it in the file with your game save. Put save on Vita and run the game. When you get the green screen hold down the right trigger until you get a menu and install the 660 files.

Edit: You have to put your Vita in airplane mode to connect to openCMA. Once it's in airplane mode, completely restart the Vita. If you have any problems send me a PM and I will try and help.
Advertising
GAME GENIE ROCKS! CHECK IT OUT!
Game Genie Website
Tonakai

Post by Tonakai »

Hi there,

Firstly, welcome to the forum. Secondly, FW 3.18 is fine.

So, I'll provide a few links that should benefit you:

This article includes a list of good games to grab for a kernel exploit: http://wololo.net/2014/09/24/friendly-r ... -or-never/. TN-V, in case you're unaware runs like a psp on your vita, with the xmb and everything. So, you can use most if not all homebrew, emulators and your backups. Please note however there are issues with volume if you run PS1 games through this exploit.

To transfer your game you can read this article. Check the sections "Getting a exploit game (or any other content)on to your Vita via OpenCMA PS3 trick" and "Activating and Linking a PS Vita (PS3 Required)" as they are both relevant to you: http://wololo.net/2013/04/17/lower-ps-v ... r-dummies/

Here you can find the exploit files you'll need (obviously matching the game you get): viewtopic.php?f=56&t=39739

Here is the download page for Open CMA. As ss4gogeta mentioned, you will need to run in airplane mode: http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/1252
In case you are unaware, Open CMA allows you to transfer files while using lower firmware so it's a necessity.

If you'd like to flawlessly play PS1 games on your console then you can read this article: http://wololo.net/2014/09/14/how-to-usi ... 1-exploit/. Please note that you will need to convert any of the games you wish to play through this exploit to an EBOOT.

You can also transfer games through FTP which is my preferred method, but you need to use OCMA to get "Vitaftp" on your console which is something mentioned in the next article. This article can help you use OCMA to transfer files, as there are some silly security implimentations by Sony. Please note: DO NOT use Urbanix as this article mentions. I'm pretty sure it no longer works. Use one of the games from the previously linked article regarding 3.18.

Anyway, check this out too: http://wololo.net/2012/10/05/tutorial-h ... n-urbanix/

If you need any more help feel free to ask.
moaja

Post by moaja »

I'm sorry in advance for probably sounding like an idiot, i've restored the PSV and signed into my account. downloaded the CMA, i extracted it but i can't install it for some reason... is there by any chance a video tutorial because i think that may be easier for me to do it maybe.. btw I'm from the UK just in case that makes a difference. Thank you guys :)
moaja

Post by moaja »

Honestly need like step-by-step procedure on how to do this, i have a Mac & a PC if that also helps. I have no expertise in this sort of stuff, honestly appreciate all the help. Also if i don't update does that mean that i can't play online or is there someway to bypass updating and still being about to go on your PSN?
kingofpool

Post by kingofpool »

copy contents from openCMA folder to CMA installation directory
and then run the .bat file as administrator

ps: you can't play online with an outdated fw
moaja

Post by moaja »

I tried running the .bat file as administrator nothing happened ;( don't want to sound stupid but when i extract CMA, everything is already in the folder so where exactly is the CMA installation directory?
Tonakai

Post by Tonakai »

I see where you're getting mixed up.

Download and install CMA from Sony: http://cma.dl.playstation.net/cma/win/gb/index.html

Then extract the OCMA zip to the installation directory (My computer > programs > Sony > content manager. I'm going from memory here so it may differ. Been a few years since I used a windows machine)

Then do as you were before.

Return to “Homebrews”