Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Activating your PlayStation/Vita TV *without* updating!

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
dirty30

Re: Activating your PlayStation/Vita TV *without* updating!

Post by dirty30 »

Need some help. I get to the point where I connect to the PS3 in content manager and click on my PS3 to connect but it never connects, gives the message 'could not connect to the PS3 system'. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Advertising
NeonAera

Post by NeonAera »

Wow, I have got to try this. This is really good news for me because I thought I was too late... Thanks a lot for the tutorial, sogarth!

But hey folks, say what if you already own a PSN game and also the gamesave exploit that's already in the memory card used previously from your PSVita to use TN-V that's now being used for the PSTV? So would the PSTV be activated if I opened up Talkman Travel: Tokyo on my PSTV's memory stick that was used before with my psvita after setting up your PSN account on the Vita while using updateblocker along the way? Also do I really have to get and download a PSN game fresh from the PSN using my ps3 and using vitaupdateblock to copy over to my PSTV? I already downloaded Talkman Tokyo from the PSN a couple days ago using my non-hacked PS3 and the talkman game download file is still there on my ps3. Are there some things I have to do before just inserting in the memory stick previously used by my Vita? Must I format and start over for the memory stick? Obviously some of the apps on my Vita such as Youtube, Netflix that aren't compatiable with the PSTV is not going to show up at all or can't run?
Advertising
Last edited by NeonAera on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
▬ PSVita 1000 » OFW 3.60 → TaiHEN, Adrenaline [Talkman Travel: Tokyo]
▬ PSTV » OFW 3.20 → TN-V [Patapon 2]
▬ PSP Street E1000
▬ PSPgo » CFW 6.60 → PRO-C
▬ PSPslim 3000 » CFW 6.60 → PRO-C
▬ PSPslim 2000 » CFW 5.50 → Prometheus
▬ PSP 1000 » CFW 3.40 → OE-A
NeonAera

Post by NeonAera »

dirty30 wrote:Need some help. I get to the point where I connect to the PS3 in content manager and click on my PS3 to connect but it never connects, gives the message 'could not connect to the PS3 system'. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Hmm did you set up your PSTV properly to use your computer as a network proxy and everything? Might have missed something. Try restarting your PSTV and PS3 and try again. Good luck.
▬ PSP Street E1000
dirty30

Post by dirty30 »

After setting up and spoofing my PSTV with update blocker and having no luck connecting with my PS3 through my network, I then unplugged the LAN line from my computer and plugged it in directly to the PS3 and opened CMA on the PSTV. Success, it worked and I was able to transfer my games from the PS3 to the PSTV and the PSTV is now activated. Thanks for all y'all's work.
NeonAera

Post by NeonAera »

Niiicee! Alright now I'm starting to have high hopes for this to work out for me as well.. Talk about good timing. I thought I was going to be stuck with a unactivated PSTV sitting in the drawer for a while or something. Thanks for reporting back that you got your PSTV activated because of this tutorial.

By the way guys, I'm trying to experiment with VitaUpdateBlocker on my PSVita right now so I'll have general idea of how it works on the PSTV and to be ready to copy some games over when the PSTV comes, but the vitaupdateblocker it's not really.. working out for me. I'm confused with it.

This is what I did:

I downloaded and opened up the zip and the vitaupdateblocker folder. Noticed that the applications are non-readable, so I went to Python and got 2.7.6 and got it installed. Awesome, the files are now recognizable. Great. So I double-clicked the "python vita_update_blocker.py" and this black window pops up and it's gone instantly O_o.. (Was the black window supposed to stay opened??) I went back to the website to also picked up the "Windows X86-64 MSI program database (2.7.6) [1] (sig)" and I'm not too sure what to do with it. Okay anyway so I went to my working wifi connection and it's settings; went to advanced settings... I changed the 'proxy server' to 'use'. Now, below I am given two new empty address and port bars. I know what my IP address is.. but not sure about port?? @_X Sorry guys, I'm really a noob at this vitaupdateblocker/charlesproxy, don't you fellas don't mind.

Any help and clarification or letting me know anything I missed would be awesomely appreciated. Appreciate it guys. Looking to activate my PSTV when it comes, and I'll be sure to report back here if this tutorial worked out to activate my PSTV for me besides dirty30.
▬ PSP Street E1000
dirty30

Post by dirty30 »

NeonAera wrote:Niiicee! Alright now I'm starting to have high hopes for this to work out for me as well.. Talk about good timing. I thought I was going to be stuck with a unactivated PSTV sitting in the drawer for a while or something. Thanks for reporting back that you got your PSTV activated because of this tutorial.

By the way guys, I'm trying to experiment with VitaUpdateBlocker on my PSVita right now so I'll have general idea of how it works on the PSTV and to be ready to copy some games over when the PSTV comes, but the vitaupdateblocker it's not really.. working out for me. I'm confused with it.

This is what I did:

I downloaded and opened up the zip and the vitaupdateblocker folder. Noticed that the applications are non-readable, so I went to Python and got 2.7.6 and got it installed. Awesome, the files are now recognizable. Great. So I double-clicked the "python vita_update_blocker.py" and this black window pops up and it's gone instantly O_o.. (Was the black window supposed to stay opened??) I went back to the website to also picked up the "Windows X86-64 MSI program database (2.7.6) [1] (sig)" and I'm not too sure what to do with it. Okay anyway so I went to my working wifi connection and it's settings; went to advanced settings... I changed the 'proxy server' to 'use'. Now, below I am given two new empty address and port bars. I know what my IP address is.. but not sure about port?? @_X Sorry guys, I'm really a noob at this vitaupdateblocker/charlesproxy, don't you fellas don't mind.

Any help and clarification or letting me know anything I missed would be awesomely appreciated. Appreciate it guys. Looking to activate my PSTV when it comes, and I'll be sure to report back here if this tutorial worked out to activate my PSTV for me besides dirty30.
I downloaded the version of vitaupdate blocker that didn't need python. Make sure your Internet connection is on before running vitaupdate blocker. It will then give you your computer address and a port number on the black pop up screen (ex: 8282). Enter the number it gives you under your advanced settings for a port and see if it works.
Squince

Post by Squince »

NeonAera wrote:Niiicee! Alright now I'm starting to have high hopes for this to work out for me as well.. Talk about good timing. I thought I was going to be stuck with a unactivated PSTV sitting in the drawer for a while or something. Thanks for reporting back that you got your PSTV activated because of this tutorial.

This is what I did:

The black box that popped up was Windows running the Python script.. It disappeared immediately, because the script terminated. To keep the .py open, right click on it, select, "Edit with IDLE" and then hit, "F5" in the IDLE window (it looks like Notepad).
NeonAera

Post by NeonAera »

Thanks a lot for the help and responses, guys.

Okay, I'm trying out the portable version and it seemed to work. The black window decided to remain open and it gave me a IP and port. I tested it out on my vita and the black window shows that it spoofed the latest version to 3.18 but I can't seem to get into PlayStation Store at all, or play online on my Vita. However I somehow got through the update I think when I opened up the Playstation store on my vita, but I need to sign in to PSN. :x I recall signing off of PSN on my vita just recently before because I thought it was causing interference when trying to get OpenCMA on my PC to work with my vita.. I had a lot of trouble trying to get connected without the need to update.. I didn't realize at the time that a vita reboot would help... I did the reboot and it worked at the time. Afterwards, then I tried signing back in, and now I can't because it looks like now I would have to update.. Wow did I make a huge fatal mistake and just scr..ed myself up on my vita by signing off and not being able to sign back on EVER AGAIN unless I update or something? Or is this just normal..? Even if I was technically signed in, I would still have to update? I even tried using the NetFlix app, but I get a "Could not connect to the server. (NW-8942-3)" And Music Unlimited app, same error. Maybe the proxies.... aren't good anymore? :( I did a reboot and I still got the same result that I need to sign in.. This is so discouraging.
▬ PSP Street E1000
dirty30

Post by dirty30 »

NeonAera wrote:Thanks a lot for the help and responses, guys.

Okay, I'm trying out the portable version and it seemed to work. The black window decided to remain open and it gave me a IP and port. I tested it out on my vita and the black window shows that it spoofed the latest version to 3.18 but I can't seem to get into PlayStation Store at all, or play online on my Vita. However I somehow got through the update I think when I opened up the Playstation store on my vita, but I need to sign in to PSN. :x I recall signing off of PSN on my vita just recently before because I thought it was causing interference when trying to get OpenCMA on my PC to work with my vita.. I had a lot of trouble trying to get connected without the need to update.. I didn't realize at the time that a vita reboot would help... I did the reboot and it worked at the time. Afterwards, then I tried signing back in, and now I can't because it looks like now I would have to update.. Wow did I make a huge fatal mistake and just scr..ed myself up on my vita by signing off and not being able to sign back on EVER AGAIN unless I update or something? Or is this just normal..? Even if I was technically signed in, I would still have to update? I even tried using the NetFlix app, but I get a "Could not connect to the server. (NW-8942-3)" And Music Unlimited app, same error. Maybe the proxies.... aren't good anymore? :( I did a reboot and I still got the same result that I need to sign in.. This is so discouraging.
If you have a PS3 sign into your account with it (even though it shows site maintenance you can still sign in). Spoof your vita like you did with update blocker and then connect the vita to your PS3 with the USB cable. Open CMA on the vita and transfer any compatible games you have on your PS3 to your vita. Not sure if you can play online or surf the store right now but you can transfer games over like this, I just used tried it. Hope this helps.
NeonAera

Post by NeonAera »

Alright I'll see what I can do. Thanks a lot for having my back on this one, dirty. I really appreciate it man
The black box that popped up was Windows running the Python script.. It disappeared immediately, because the script terminated. To keep the .py open, right click on it, select, "Edit with IDLE" and then hit, "F5" in the IDLE window (it looks like Notepad).
Hmm I tried exactly what you said, but it didn't work. Nothing appeared.

By the way, guys. Did I really scr..ed up big time by signing off of PSN on my Vita like I mentioned previously? Just really need to know. Maybe this is why I can't get vitaupdateblocker to work on my vita?? I'm bummed! Wish I didn't sign off, because I thought it was causing problems with OpenCMA and my vita to not connect with my pc. But even if I left my vita signed on 24/7 without signing off, would there been any difference? Would I have to try signing in AGAIN even if I'm basically signed in? For example, like for security reasons to sign in again like at online shops or something.
Last edited by NeonAera on Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
▬ PSP Street E1000

Return to “Tutorials”