Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[PSPGo] DualShock3 R3 and L3 can be used

Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
reprep

Re: [PSPGo] DualShock3 R3 and L3 can be used

Post by reprep »

suloku wrote:Then I'll have to try again macrofire; I tried remapping a button combo to the screen button and didn't work, but the combo worked when used on the psp buttons.
try spesific version 3.0.11, it was the only version that worked fine for me. also i didn't try macro settings, just remapping.
Advertising
GhettoBeta59

Post by GhettoBeta59 »

This is cool and all, however I do not have a PSP Go either. Hopefully this is the best place to post (and get a knowledgeable answer):

Is there any possible way to incorporate analog control into a PSP 1000/2000/3000 for use with POPS games? What I mean is allowing the PSP's analog nub to emulate the PS1's left analog stick? Since the Dualshock controller's analogs work with the PSP Go's POPS, can there be a method of remapping that to the actual PSP analog nub?
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Hmm iirc it already has that option, You could always just use macrofire anyway.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
GhettoBeta59

Post by GhettoBeta59 »

Well, POPS has an option to remap the d-pad buttons to the analog stick which still means that it's using the d-pad controls. Games like Metal Gear Solid and Parasite Eve play much better with analog control. If the DS3 can use analog control with the PSP Go using POPS, then is there a way to remap just the left analog stick to the PSP's analog?
Total-Noob
Guru

Post by Total-Noob »

I have no PSPgo yet. Can anybody check whether he can use the second analog stick in PS1 games using PS3 controller? I don't know how it is, maybe only official PSN games are able to use the analog sticks, who knows.

I am going to write a some plugins for you:
1. Analog Stick in PS1 games
2. All buttons for PSPgo (if possible).

TN
RandQalan

Post by RandQalan »

Total-Noob wrote:I have no PSPgo yet. Can anybody check whether he can use the second analog stick in PS1 games using PS3 controller? I don't know how it is, maybe only official PSN games are able to use the analog sticks, who knows.

TN

In games that use all PS1 controls even right stick works 8-)
That is why I love the PSPGo it has full support of PSX games vibration proper controls :D
Total-Noob
Guru

Post by Total-Noob »

RandQalan wrote:
Total-Noob wrote:I have no PSPgo yet. Can anybody check whether he can use the second analog stick in PS1 games using PS3 controller? I don't know how it is, maybe only official PSN games are able to use the analog sticks, who knows.

TN

In games that use all PS1 controls even right stick works 8-)
That is why I love the PSPGo it has full support of PSX games vibration proper controls :D

Can you give me more details? What about L1/R1 L2/R2 L3/R3?
TN
RandQalan

Post by RandQalan »

Sticks both left and right L1 L2 L3 R1 R2 R3 and normal buttons all work the DS3 acts like a DS1 controller during PSX game play

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DualShock# ... _DualShock
reprep

Post by reprep »

yup every button works just like in psx (not only official psn games, eboot games too). both analog sticks, L1,L2,L3,R1,R2,R3 and vibration. Of course analog button in dualshock 1 doesn't work as it has the PS button in its place in Dualshock 3. you can choose analog/digital option through the PS button menu though, so the function is still there.
Last edited by reprep on Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Total-Noob
Guru

Post by Total-Noob »

Alright, then writing a plugin that enables these buttons won't be hard :)

Return to “Programming and Security”