Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How to create a merged file of Final Fantasy Type 0

All the Help you need is here
JCK07115

How to create a merged file of Final Fantasy Type 0

Post by JCK07115 »

Software to download before hand:
-WinRAR - http://www.win-rar.com/download.html?&L=0 (choose the appropriate version for Windows Users)
WinRAR is almost a pain (for anyone who does not use the command line on MAC)
-For Mac Users, I use UnRarX — http://www.unrarx.com/
-UMDGen — Windows version — http://dl.qj.net/psp/homebrew-applicati ... -v400.html
Mac Version — https://www.dropbox.com/s/mj7hpjdk4qmlq ... acVers.app
http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/
-FFT0 Merging Files — [Removed by Mod]

The meaning of all asterisks will be located at the very bottom of the article in respect of their appearance and number of asterics (which one you saw first in the article, and the meaning of something with one asterisk comes before anything with a greater number of asterisks)

This tutorial is for those who got their hands on the two individual discs of Final Fantasy Type 0 and want to create a merged file so they do not have to switch between two separate discs/isos. Also, it helps when patching to the English-version to use a single file rather than two discs. It is important to note that only the disc image (.iso file) of one of the two discs is required to create a merged file of the two discs.

After downloading the merging files (.rar files), you have to extract them. For Windows users, all you need to do is right the first one and click “Extract Here”. It will automatically detect the consecutive files and extract them as well. For Mac Users, select all the files by holding the CMD key and clicking each of them or clicking the first one and using the Shift key to highlight the rest, and then right click, select “Open With” and then choose the UnRarX application. Ultimately, you should end up with a folder containing a folder :D containing a .sfo and a .pkg file and some other nice stuff. I am mentioning what these folders should contain so you can be sure you are on the right track.

Now back to the disc one of the FFT0. Mac Users skip to the next paragraph for the corresponding part of this tutorial. Windows users, keep calm and carry on…as they say! Launch UMDGen (you should enjoy the opening sound). Go to the next next paragraph.

MacUsers I have bottled UMDGen for you; even if you do not have Wine, you will still be able to run it but to be able to run some Windows applications and even learn how to bottle and also to bottle, I have provided the link to Wine and WineBotttler. If when you try to run the bottled version, it tells you you do not have Wine/WineBottler, I have provided the link in the description. Download WineBottler and you will get Wine. I port programs a lot so if you want to know what other software I use PM me privately. Okay, as you were reading (sorry), launch the bottled UMDGen for mac. Go to the next paragraph.

At the top left you should see an option to “Open” a file. Click Open and maneuver to the directory of the disc1 iso which we created in Paragraph 2. After choosing the iso image and clicking open, you should now be able to see and have access** to all the contents of the iso image. Now go to the Merging File Folder which we created in Paragraph 3. Place the Merging File Folder side-by-side with the UMDGen tool that is running. You need to follow the next set of instructions to the latter. Scan through the opened iso image in UMDGen (also any folders you see) and anywhere you see a file with the same name as ANY of the FILES in THE MERGING FILE FOLDER take the corresponding FILE IN THE MERGING FILE FOLDER AND USE IT TO REPLACE THE ONE in the disc1 iso, which should be opened in UMDGen. Once again for everyone, anywhere you see in disc1 opened in UMDGen, anywhere you see the same file as the ones in the Merging File Folder, drag the one in the merging file folder into the place where you saw the same file in UMDGen and replace the original file. Do this until you have replaced all the originals of disc1 with the Merging Files.

Once you are done, click the save button at the top of UMDGen, and save the modified iso image to somewhere you can easily find it (save yourself the stress of looking and searching :D) Okay, so that is it. You now have the fully merged iso image. Note, you are merging (please) DO expect the new iso image to be larger, it’s the two game in one :). Now that you have the merged iso, you can follow the tutorial on how to patch the game to the English version. I won’t go into details becos someone already did so. But again message me if you want a private tutorial. This is JCK07115. God bless you all and Jesus Christ loves you so…

*xx (used to signify numbers or digits (more specifically)
**modify its content
Advertising
PSP3001 - 6.60 PRO-CFW
PSVita PCH1001 OFW 3.15
iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4 - evad3rs' evasi0n7
iPad mini, iOS 7.1.2 - Pangu jailbreak
MacBook Pro, Early 2013

...God bless you and Jesus Christ loves you...
RandQalan

Re: How to create a merged file of Final Fantasy Type 0

Post by RandQalan »

I know this much you may want to remove the download for merge it has got others in trouble here before ;)
Advertising
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Re: How to create a merged file of Final Fantasy Type 0

Post by SMOKE »

Not PSVita related
Moved to PSP > Tutorials

Also please read the following rule:
Forum Rules wrote:3 - Do not post or request illegal content. In particular, this website does not support piracy; any mention or references to pirated content will be acted upon.

Return to “Tutorials”