Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Final Fantasy X

Discuss official PS Vita games here
gmdfunk

Re: Final Fantasy X

Post by gmdfunk »

dmaskell92 wrote:
gmdfunk wrote:I'm excited to play ffx again. But it might be a while because I want to play my psn downloads of ff5-9 first.
They aren't direct sequels, what's the point?
I don't know, I have wanted to play FFVI for a long time and never have, then I kind of wanted to relive my golden age of gaming which started with ffVII so it just makes sense for me to play them in that order.
Advertising
H2oPSV

Post by H2oPSV »

So far it lives up to my expectations. I will be playing these 2 games for many hours!
Advertising
Killzone derbs.
PSN: toolegit505
vahnx

Post by vahnx »

I personally don't think the graphics are that big an improvement. FFX for PS2 looked just as nice on a CRT TV vs PS3 on an HDTV.
I'm still very much enjoying the game. I've pretty much beaten X in like 5 days and will be moving to X-2 soon. Don't think I'll get the Vita version though.
Gie

Post by Gie »

for ff x-2, there were some improvements.. new dresspheres, a Monster Create system, a fiend arena, and a new dungeon. My friend said that nothing changes in ff x beside the graphic, I can't confim it since I only bought the physical copy of ffx-2.
eighthdayregret

Post by eighthdayregret »

vahnx wrote:I personally don't think the graphics are that big an improvement. FFX for PS2 looked just as nice on a CRT TV vs PS3 on an HDTV.
I'm still very much enjoying the game. I've pretty much beaten X in like 5 days and will be moving to X-2 soon. Don't think I'll get the Vita version though.
You must be using some pretty crappy cables to connect your PS3 to your TV... Holy sh*t. There's is literally no way on God's green earth that FFX "looked just as nice on a CRT TV vs PS3 on an HDTV" unless you have some serious eye problems.
The only way I could even remotely fathom this being possible would be if you once had one of the very last generation of HD CRT TVs previously, and only upgraded to the very first generation of Plasma TVs afterward and have never bought a newer television.

CRT monitors are genuinely incapable of the resolutions and frame rates of current televisions because of the pieces they're made out of. Hence the reason why a modern LCD TV doesn't give a sh*t if you feed it a PAL signal or NTSC.

You need some new displays to play your games on, man. If I can afford a decent 42-inch LCD on my piddly $8 an hour and $700 a month in child-support, you can afford one, too.
Come on into the modern age.
Vita WiFi/3G - 8GB - 32GB - OFW 3.36 - PS+
GoW PSP-2000 - 2GB - 8GB - 2x16GB - 2x16GB - 6.61 ME-2.3
Minimur12

Post by Minimur12 »

Gie wrote:for ff x-2, there were some improvements.. new dresspheres, a Monster Create system, a fiend arena, and a new dungeon. My friend said that nothing changes in ff x beside the graphic, I can't confim it since I only bought the physical copy of ffx-2.

Where abouts are you? as far as I knew there was only a release of them both, all or nothing.

The menu was completely re-vamped aswell, and a nice little touch like after a battle, if you swipe from left to right on the touch screen it comes up with 2 options, 'heal with magic/ heal with items' so you can quickly cure yourself after a battle, pretty cool :)
I'm not on the forum much, if you want to let me know about something, shoot me a PM!
ImageImage
Belmondo

Post by Belmondo »

Minimur12 wrote:Where abouts are you? as far as I knew there was only a release of them both, all or nothing.
Just buy the Asia English version, you can buy a cart of both. Costs a little more but worth it IMO.

Final Fantasy X English Cart
Final Fantasy X-2 English Cart
Minimur12

Post by Minimur12 »

Belmondo wrote:
Minimur12 wrote:Where abouts are you? as far as I knew there was only a release of them both, all or nothing.
Just buy the Asia English version, you can buy a cart of both. Costs a little more but worth it IMO.

Final Fantasy X English Cart
Final Fantasy X-2 English Cart

That's the same price I payed for both of them, lol, and I'm hapy with the way it is at the mo, you get a download code for 10-2 when you buy it so there's a physical cartridge of 10, so I've got both games on my Vita ready to play now, rather than having to switch out cartridges :)
I'm not on the forum much, if you want to let me know about something, shoot me a PM!
ImageImage
deathblade200

Post by deathblade200 »

Gie wrote:for ff x-2, there were some improvements.. new dresspheres, a Monster Create system, a fiend arena, and a new dungeon. My friend said that nothing changes in ff x beside the graphic, I can't confim it since I only bought the physical copy of ffx-2.

this just shows me your not far enough to run into a dark aeon and then yourself when it breaks the damage limit 1 hit 99999 damage....just a hint when you get the airship do not go back to besaid...I learned that the hard way
Last edited by qwikrazor87 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language.
Belmondo

Post by Belmondo »

Minimur12 wrote: That's the same price I payed for both of them, lol, and I'm hapy with the way it is at the mo, you get a download code for 10-2 when you buy it so there's a physical cartridge of 10, so I've got both games on my Vita ready to play now, rather than having to switch out cartridges :)
Yea I am well aware that all other English versions (Europe and USA) come with X-2 as a download only. Which is why I bought the 2 Asian English Carts. I have no space for a 3gb download on my 64gb, 32gb or 4gb vita mem cards. :)

Return to “Games”