Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS Vita battery mod WIFI ONLY (detailed)

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
decookaaron

Re: PS Vita battery mod WIFI ONLY (detailed)

Post by decookaaron »

Great tutorial. Better then mine. I had some problems uploading photos. So I just work with what I had on the original tutorial of this mod. And tried my best explaining everything. But very good. I like it :)
Advertising
I have 4 PSVs diff regions, 4 PS3s diff models+2 dead ones, 1 Xbox360+5 dead ones, 4 xboxs diff models+2 dead ones, 4 ps2s diff models, and had 18 psps diff models and regions. All modded except the PSVs. I'm a console collector and repair man. :)
Gadorach

Post by Gadorach »

Here's an older version of this, with a few insights to the process and possibilities.

http://blog.yellowchilli.net/2012/06/mo ... ts-10.html
Advertising
PSVita - 1.81+MBA | 1.81+MBA (MiniUSB Modded)
PSP - 1001 Fat (6.60-ME1.8)
Xbox 360 - Trinity RGH Tri-NAND (Dev|Xe|Retail) | Xenon JTAG (Xe) | Falcon RGH1 (Xe)
PS3 - CECH-2101A (CFW 4.60)

Projects - None ATM
decookaaron

Post by decookaaron »

Gadorach wrote:Here's an older version of this, with a few insights to the process and possibilities.

That's where I got the idea. It wasn't a tutorial so I used the site above to make one the best I can, CPUzX asked a few questions about I things I did and he made a better tutorial. I made this tutorial off a cell phone so it wouldn't upload all my photos. But I'm glad he did though, and the additions he add are great idea too. I'm thinking of doing them on my 3 PS Vitas out of my 4 :)
I have 4 PSVs diff regions, 4 PS3s diff models+2 dead ones, 1 Xbox360+5 dead ones, 4 xboxs diff models+2 dead ones, 4 ps2s diff models, and had 18 psps diff models and regions. All modded except the PSVs. I'm a console collector and repair man. :)
Gadorach

Post by Gadorach »

decookaaron wrote:
Gadorach wrote:Here's an older version of this, with a few insights to the process and possibilities.

That's where I got the idea. It wasn't a tutorial so I used the site above to make one the best I can, CPUzX asked a few questions about I things I did and he made a better tutorial. I made this tutorial off a cell phone so it wouldn't upload all my photos. But I'm glad he did though, and the additions he add are great idea too. I'm thinking of doing them on my 3 PS Vitas out of my 4 :)

Makes sense, I'll be doing it to both of mine, but we really should find a source for some larger Li-Po batteries so we can make the best of this mod. And another thing, wire routing is really important to keeping your Wi-Fi signal strong from what I can tell. If you let the wires run on top of the batteries instead of running them beside and around, you'll increase the thickness of the case and lower the contact area on the antenna contacts. Lower contact area equals less signal fidelity. I'd imagine that we could add our own antennas to the case though, if anyone's interested. Maybe even a blob of solder on the contact points could resolve the problem for using thicker batteries.

- Gadorach
Xbox 360 - Trinity RGH Tri-NAND (Dev|Xe|Retail) | Xenon JTAG (Xe) | Falcon RGH1 (Xe)

Projects - None ATM
decookaaron

Post by decookaaron »

Gadorach wrote:
decookaaron wrote:

Makes sense, I'll be doing it to both of mine, but we really should find a source for some larger Li-Po batteries so we can make the best of this mod. And another thing, wire routing is really important to keeping your Wi-Fi signal strong from what I can tell. If you let the wires run on top of the batteries instead of running them beside and around, you'll increase the thickness of the case and lower the contact area on the antenna contacts. Lower contact area equals less signal fidelity. I'd imagine that we could add our own antennas to the case though, if anyone's interested. Maybe even a blob of solder on the contact points could resolve the problem for using thicker batteries.

- Gadorach
I was thinking about going online and finding a good company that make batteries just as thin as the original battery, but longer in size and battery life. But I don't want no cheap battery either. When I do come across such a site, I will for sure make the mod and use my PC to make the tutorial so I won't have to go through the trouble I had with the phone.
zakaiya

Post by zakaiya »

The best ive come across for this battery is a 4000 mAh battery the dimensions are nearly except the length is 3mm longer. Yes i took measurements XD. i am tempted to try it but i scr..ed up two of my three vitas baterry i shorted them out i was so *** off. Then i looked at the blogchili post and lightbulb. This method is goos but taking the base off the battery worked in my case as i stated before. Ill try and get another psv battery so i can get that lil mobo tucking in there.
Gadorach

Post by Gadorach »

decookaaron wrote:I was thinking about going online and finding a good company that make batteries just as thin as the original battery, but longer in size and battery life. But I don't want no cheap battery either. When I do come across such a site, I will for sure make the mod and use my PC to make the tutorial so I won't have to go through the trouble I had with the phone.
I was looking on http://www.batteryspace.com/li-ionsinglecell.aspx but couldn't find anything that fit it just right. There's a few close ones, but they all have the same mAh or less than the stock battery. I'll keep up the search, but I really wish there was a site that had their batteries searchable by dimensions.

Actually, I think we need these. http://www.extremetech.com/computing/15 ... mes-faster

If anyone wants to try, I think one of these could be made to fit by using a rotary tool (dremel) and removing that EM shielding.

http://www.batteryspace.com/polymer-li- ... ---un.aspx

- Gadorach

Projects - None ATM
CPUzX

Post by CPUzX »

MGS HD Collection lasted roughly 6:20 hours with a 1200 PSP slim battery installed.
Xenosmorph

Post by Xenosmorph »

This is soooo coool!!!!!

Team Xenomorph! Steam: Xenosmorph™
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

CPUzX wrote:MGS HD Collection lasted roughly 6:20 hours with a 1200 PSP slim battery installed.
OMG!! You really played it that long?!?! :shock:

Return to “Tutorials”