Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

The Official PS3 Homebrews + Downloads Thread

SMOKE
Retired Mod

Re: The Official PS3 Homebrews + Downloads Thread

Post by SMOKE »

DamianKillYou wrote:Oh and just one more question, i heard that i cant go online if i have a CFW. I mainly play my games onine with other people like my GTA crew for example, so is there any way for me to still play online?
You can, but the problem is your PS3 will get banned. Maybe not the first time you go online, but if your going online on a CFW PS3, you will eventually get banned. And its not like you can just make another account, you will have to unban the PS3 itself using a un-banned PS3's console id.
My suggestion: DO NOT got online on a CFW PS3.

@fate6
You will still get banned because CFW PS3's have an extra syscall and PSN can detect that ;)
Advertising
DamianKillYou

Post by DamianKillYou »

Is there anything i can do about it? I would love to have a cfw but i also need to have access to psn.
Advertising
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

DamianKillYou wrote:Is there anything i can do about it? I would love to have a cfw but i also need to have access to psn.
Buy a 2nd PS3 for OFW online play.
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

jc_gargma wrote:
DamianKillYou wrote:Is there anything i can do about it? I would love to have a cfw but i also need to have access to psn.
This ^
This is the only way
DamianKillYou

Post by DamianKillYou »

jc_gargma wrote:
I would if i had that kind of money, but even if i did i would probbly just take the leap to a ps4 instead.

-----
SMOKE wrote:
jc_gargma wrote:
This ^
This is the only way
I heard about some peope doing something to do with the HDD, would that work?
Last edited by jc_gargma on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

A PS3 with CFW going online will, one way or another, get all linked accounts on that PS3, and its Console ID banned.
For anyone with a PSP/Vita/PS4 linked to said account, its a brutal punishment, since you'll lose everything you bought on all of them.
DamianKillYou

Post by DamianKillYou »

jc_gargma wrote:A PS3 with CFW going online will, one way or another, get all linked accounts on that PS3, and its Console ID banned.
For anyone with a PSP/Vita/PS4 linked to said account, its a brutal punishment, since you'll lose everything you bought on all of them.
Well i will change my ps3 to CFW after i get a ps4 and i will keep my ps3 offline.
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

I added the following to the Op all are for 4.xx CFW's

-Control Fan Utility v2.02
-PluginX v1.01
-GameSonic Manager v1.10
-Iris Manager v2.65
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

jc_gargma wrote:A PS3 with CFW going online will, one way or another, get all linked accounts on that PS3, and its Console ID banned.
correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the idea of sony banning CFW users was just a rumor, or people banned for online cheating.
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

It initially started as a result of cheating online, but then spread to more users.

Return to “Homebrew”