Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Grand Theft Auto V

Discuss official PS3 games here
Casavult

Grand Theft Auto V

Post by Casavult »

I pre-ordered it about 5 months ago and the time is nearing to it's official release on the 17th of September and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

So, who's ready for this awesome game? Will you be spending most of your time in the Singleplayer or Multiplayer aspect of the game? What stuff are you excited about the most from what you may have read, heard or watched about GTA V?
Advertising
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •
Tonakai

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by Tonakai »

I'm really loving the ability to control three characters to add a strategic level of play. I mean, you can still drive around killing everything in sight in good old GTA fashion, but when it came to missions I always wanted a level of stratergy, like being able to use cover or something so this is a welcome sight. Also, the whole idea of the online play, with over 700 missions, plus the ability to create your own? Wow. Talk about being able to submerse yourself in it all.
Advertising
Casavult

Post by Casavult »

Tonakai wrote:I'm really loving the ability to control three characters to add a strategic level of play. I mean, you can still drive around killing everything in sight in good old GTA fashion, but when it came to missions I always wanted a level of stratergy, like being able to use cover or something so this is a welcome sight. Also, the whole idea of the online play, with over 700 missions, plus the ability to create your own? Wow. Talk about being able to submerse yourself in it all.
I agree. I think GTA V is going to be the best game of this year for consoles. I just love all the stuff I am hearing about it. When GTA V arrives and if it lives up to the hype, then I can see this easily being GoTY in my opinion.
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •
watswat5

Post by watswat5 »

I recently moved into a dorm for college and had to leave behind my PS3... worst timing ever.
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut
"If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution." - Robert Sewell
TragicTheBlubbering

Post by TragicTheBlubbering »

Can't say I've heard anything other than what's been mentioned but, man this game is going to kick ***! The anticipation is killing me. 8-)
R.I.P Leonard Nimoy, the original Mr. Spock. He lived long and prospered. :cry:
---------------
[spoiler]Paridae or gtfo! 8-)
---------------
i was wondering if there anyway to mod the ps3 so i can play ps3 game ??
[/spoiler]
---------------
Casavult

Post by Casavult »

Well, the game is finally here! Unfortunately, my pre-order is running a day late so I won't get it until today but the anticipation is still building.

So what do people think of it (no spoilers please)?
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

Casavult wrote:So what do people think of it (no spoilers please)?
Watching a livestream of it because I can't be bothered enough to pick up a PS3 for it. :lol:
The 3 main characters mechanic is interesting. It's a decent game, but no GotY.
[spoiler]As far as I'm concerned:
- no likeable main character. I would enjoy nothing better than setting that psycho stereotype of an american on fire, then tossing his double-crossing friend into him. The third one (aka stereotype ***) is so uninteresting I wouldn't know what to do with him.
- Okay, I don't personally know any "***"s, but I don't think they talk like that. :?
- the story is full of stereotypes and has nothing of interest
- I don't appreciate misogyny, game has plenty of it
- if a person jumps into a jet engine, jet engine breaks. heck, planes have emergency landings if they fly into flocks of birds, and the engines that were hit were ruined.
- You want robbing banks and stores? Get Payday 2. You want ridiculous action? Get Saints Row 3/4. You want a deep storyline? Get Sleeping dogs. GTAV tries to do all of these, but doesn't excel at anything.
- they're going to take down videos of GTAV that "spoil the ending"? lol, PGI has competition on the scumbag company ranking
- vampires in VtM:B take less shots to kill, and firearms are supposed to be utterly ineffective against them
- celerity for everyone lol
- regenerating health =_=
- physics are borked up, completely
- car models need to be replaced with APCs with jet engines for the sporty models, and tanks with rocket engines for the rest
- you thought storm troopers had bad aim? lol
- laughably weak private army

There's tons of fanboys screaming 10/10s on it. Such claims are based on nothing but fanboi and cannot be further from the truth. It's not a bad game by any means, technically it works, looks good and all, but honestly it has nothing that would set it apart. 7/10 at most if you ask me.
What I dislike most about it is that the player is given no choice whatsoever. Only times when you're asked at all is to choose between two different ways to accomplish the same objective (like, do you want to break in through the roof or through the front door), apart from that it might as well be a cookie clicker. I expected more of it.[/spoiler]
FBJ

Post by FBJ »

The game of the year, if we're not talking games strictly released within this calendar year per se, is Borderlands 2. :)
Vita WIFI 32 GB 3.00 (Limited Edition Pearl White) · Vita WIFI 32 GB 2.02 UNO TN-V (Black) · PSP 1000, 2000, 3000 (5.00 M33-6) · PS3 60GB (Emotion) < OFW 3.40 · PS3 250 GB Slim < OFW 3.40
Casavult

Post by Casavult »

I recieved my copy about an hour ago and I am VERY impressed with it. :)

Vice City was my all time favourite GTA and I hope this can become my second favourite. I liked San Andreas, but that 80's feel in Vice City along with the music just had me from the get go. :lol:
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

FBJ wrote:The game of the year, if we're not talking games strictly released within this calendar year per se, is Borderlands 2. :)
Nonsense, it will be Cranky Cat.

Return to “Games”