Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Progskeet on vita?

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
DarkenLX

Progskeet on vita?

Post by DarkenLX »

Has anyone Attempted this as progskeet can be used on other devices besides Xbox & ps3. like iphone for one so that alone means it works on mobile devices so it makes me wonder if anyone tried this yet even if it were to get dumps atm still would be a help.
Advertising
PsVita 1: OLED Model 3G [3.36] [PSN?: Y]
PsVita 2: OLED Model 3G [mOFW3.00/eCFW] [PSN? :N]
Tonakai

Re: Progskeet on vita?

Post by Tonakai »

I haven't myself but I've considered it a few times, and scoured through the internet to see if anyone else has attempted it (over about 4-6 months this is) and I've not really heard anything on the subject. I've also heard of it being used on PSP's but there's little evidence of this.
Advertising
DarkenLX

Post by DarkenLX »

Tonakai wrote:I haven't myself but I've considered it a few times, and scoured through the internet to see if anyone else has attempted it (over about 4-6 months this is) and I've not really heard anything on the subject. I've also heard of it being used on PSP's but there's little evidence of this.
I know that if the progskeet can indeed be used for the vita it will definitely move the venture of native vita homebrew and whatnot forward some as well as CVFW (Custom Vita FirmWare) but not sure if the black tar version works the same as the Crystal Blue in terms of psp iphone etc etc....
PsVita 1: OLED Model 3G [3.36] [PSN?: Y]
PsVita 2: OLED Model 3G [mOFW3.00/eCFW] [PSN? :N]
yifanlu
Guru

Post by yifanlu »

DarkenLX wrote:
Tonakai wrote:I haven't myself but I've considered it a few times, and scoured through the internet to see if anyone else has attempted it (over about 4-6 months this is) and I've not really heard anything on the subject. I've also heard of it being used on PSP's but there's little evidence of this.
I know that if the progskeet can indeed be used for the vita it will definitely move the venture of native vita homebrew and whatnot forward some as well as CVFW (Custom Vita FirmWare) but not sure if the black tar version works the same as the Crystal Blue in terms of psp iphone etc etc....
What? No. No. No...
Progskeet is a NAND/NOR programmer and that's it. Assuming that it's compatible with the Vita's internal memory and also assuming that the internal memory is not encrypted (doubtful), it still doesn't allow us to replace any files, read any files (the files themselves ARE encrypted), or anything. It's not even useful for pirates (hence why we don't see any work with this). At BEST, you get to downgrade (which I also think its doubtful since sony would have made sure this doesn't happen).
JeoWay

Post by JeoWay »

I don't believe this would be likely at all. heck, taking apart a Vita just to risk something like that would suck if it didnt work.
Intel Core i7 4770K @4.7Ghz
MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard
32GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RAM
Radeon 7950 OC DD (XFX)
Corsair H100i Water Cooling
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Corsair 900D
1TB WD Blue - 128GB 840 PRO SSD
BenQ XL2420TE Gaming Monitor
yifanlu
Guru

Post by yifanlu »

JeoWay wrote:I don't believe this would be likely at all. heck, taking apart a Vita just to risk something like that would suck if it didnt work.
No, it's likely that it can dump the vita's flash memory. Taking it apart is trivial. Whether it is useful is another question.
JeoWay

Post by JeoWay »

yifanlu wrote:
JeoWay wrote:I don't believe this would be likely at all. heck, taking apart a Vita just to risk something like that would suck if it didnt work.
No, it's likely that it can dump the vita's flash memory. Taking it apart is trivial. Whether it is useful is another question.
To be honest with you (and everyone), I would be interested in seeing if we could have Vita Flash carts. Hey, the Vita uses cartridges now. Why not use the idea of the DS and see what can be condored up by developers (who are physical hardware creators).

I think it would be interesting to see what that could lead to (if it leads to anything at all)
Intel Core i7 4770K @4.7Ghz
MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard
32GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RAM
Radeon 7950 OC DD (XFX)
Corsair H100i Water Cooling
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Corsair 900D
1TB WD Blue - 128GB 840 PRO SSD
BenQ XL2420TE Gaming Monitor
yifanlu
Guru

Post by yifanlu »

JeoWay wrote:
yifanlu wrote:
To be honest with you (and everyone), I would be interested in seeing if we could have Vita Flash carts. Hey, the Vita uses cartridges now. Why not use the idea of the DS and see what can be condored up by developers (who are physical hardware creators).

I think it would be interesting to see what that could lead to (if it leads to anything at all)
Piracy. It would lead to piracy.
DMTea

Post by DMTea »

DarkenLX wrote:Has anyone Attempted this as progskeet can be used on other devices besides Xbox & ps3. like iphone for one so that alone means it works on mobile devices so it makes me wonder if anyone tried this yet even if it were to get dumps atm still would be a help.
>There's a post on Wololo explaining why you can't do a dump the way you're thinking of.

>Cheap Broken Vita's can be had for cheap...

>GeoHot glitched the htab which resulted in dumping the unencrypted NOR. You still can't dump unless you know you're getting a positive dump from the device and there's no way to check that.

>It's out of most of our expertise as you have to solder multiple points, again you would need multiple vita's incase of definite failure with attempts.
Guize I can haz kernal cuz i got purtty cmd window to say stuffs.
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

JeoWay wrote: To be honest with you (and everyone), I would be interested in seeing if we could have Vita Flash carts. Hey, the Vita uses cartridges now. Why not use the idea of the DS and see what can be condored up by developers (who are physical hardware creators).
Honestly I think its a waste of time and pointless. I got interested and started looking into it for personal means and knowledge..... but there are shortcomings if its done at all by anyone.
A) It enables piracy and nothing more. No homebrew or anything (This is just my speculation based on the security and how the game does an "install" every-time).
B) Itll open up means for people to start selling flash carts thatll cost close to $100 and I find that just as disgusting as KEYS and dongles. Piracy is pointless, and wrong. Plus its not worth the hassle by Sony.
C) The vita game cartridges, I wouldnt be surprised if the content was encrypted. We'd also need a way to dump the games. Then we have the issues of finding a medium to hold the ROMs

Return to “Programming and Security”